PDA

View Full Version : 2009 450r

ATVMX905
09-05-2008, 10:10 PM
haha what a joke. everyone said all these big changes would happen. i bet that new frame color adds 3 horsepower. the new graphics should make it more aerodynamic. wow. thats all i have to say.

09-05-2008, 10:27 PM
at least it looks great. the biggest thing is the new crf450 that thing is beast! they have 50mm fuel injection on that thing. so 2 honda's with fuel injection. it should trickle down. I would deffinately say next year the TRX450 will have it. Honda has had the same 450r design for a while now. They always wait so long then bam a new one. maybe they realized the economy and figure next year it will be better to release a redesigned quad idk

stoopidbot
09-05-2008, 10:47 PM
They are not hurting on sales so what's the hurry to change. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

ridered11
09-06-2008, 08:49 AM
the white one looks bad*** as hell

Ralph
09-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't remember anyone saying they would be changing anything

09-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
at least it looks great. the biggest thing is the new crf450 that thing is beast! they have 50mm fuel injection on that thing. so 2 honda's with fuel injection. it should trickle down. I would deffinately say next year the TRX450 will have it. Honda has had the same 450r design for a while now. They always wait so long then bam a new one. maybe they realized the economy and figure next year it will be better to release a redesigned quad idk

Thats what they have been saying the past two years, still no changes..:rolleyes:

The 08 was supposed to be revamped.. it was the same. The 09 was supposed to be revamped.. yet again the same.

I know yamaha is going to be completely different. Should see tomorow I believe.

csr250r
09-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Im excited about the new yamaha, it should be out the eighth i think.

c450Razy
09-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I really dont know why all you guys complain so much about the honda not being updated... why is it so nessasary for the honda to have FI? Can one of you guys tell me why? Cause iam pretty sure its still racers #1 choice. The only reason you dont see the pros on them is casue they arnt gettin payed to ride them... and also honda is still destroying all the other factorys in sales, so why do they need to change? i think you guys are just being plain bia's

09-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy
I really dont know why all you guys complain so much about the honda not being updated... why is it so nessasary for the honda to have FI? Can one of you guys tell me why? Cause iam pretty sure its still racers #1 choice. The only reason you dont see the pros on them is casue they arnt gettin payed to ride them... and also honda is still destroying all the other factorys in sales, so why do they need to change? i think you guys are just being plain bia's

I can give two craps about FI. Look at KTM, they're dominating and have carb's.

But, how about updating the suspension? Maybe plastics? less restrictive exhaust like the KTM's? Better tires/rims? Better handlebars?

There's so much they can do. Compared to:
KTM- XC and SX models. High-end components and materials, less restricive exhaust's. Hipers/douglas/ohlins/WB/etc.
Suzuki- 50in width/ better shocks/ EFI
Can-am- XC and MX models. Once again, better suspension.

Plus yamaha is coming out with a much more high-end yfz on the 8th.

Honda needs to step it up.

c450Razy
09-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX

But, how about updating the suspension? Maybe plastics? less restrictive exhaust like the KTM's? Better tires/rims? Better handlebars?

KTM- XC and SX models. High-end components and materials, less restricive exhaust's. Hipers/douglas/ohlins/WB/etc.

LOL you guys still arnt answering the question WHY do they need to step up? all those things would add up the msrp, it just doest make any reason for them to change something when they are domanating the 450 market.. lol its like coke changing their flavor and charging $3 more.

Ruby Soho
09-06-2008, 04:28 PM

How do you know the yfz will be more "high-end" on the 8th?

The 450r may not have all these features that the other brands have, but it still competes. Why bother?

You said in another thread you could careless about the 03-08 z400, but you love the 09. Why? because FI? Thats the only major change on that quad. Your contradicting your self buddy.

09-06-2008, 04:34 PM
no the new z400 not only has the EFI but its wider and i believe it has better shocks on it. The new z400 is real nice and its how Honda needs to be with their 400. Honda is pulling a Banshee keeping the same technology for years lol. They are all good no doubt but to compete with other manufactures now I think they are behind on their ATV stuff. EFI is the way of the future. A good thing to Honda keeping everything the same is availability of parts and interchangability. Its like their old civics there are like 6 different motors you can just drop in and it hooks up fine and its a hopup. Greatest idea ever. Same thing with having the same shocks, motor, and such companies dont have to make new ones and people can find plenty of parts if something goes wrong or they need to upgrade it.

09-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
How do you know the yfz will be more "high-end" on the 8th?

The 450r may not have all these features that the other brands have, but it still competes. Why bother?

You said in another thread you could careless about the 03-08 z400, but you love the 09. Why? because FI? Thats the only major change on that quad. Your contradicting your self buddy.

The z400 has EFI, is 1in wider over last years, looks better with better ergonomics, and is a faster motor in general than the 400ex.

k4f5x0r
09-06-2008, 04:52 PM
you guys dont seem to understand. honda has had the same basic concept on their 450 since 04. ofcourse changes here and there but nothing GREAT. all the other 450's are going to FI and are still same priced. they hav ebetter shocks frames and come stock witha bunch of nice parts.

and how would puttting FI on the trx make it more? one dealership near me asked 7200 for a 08 NEW kfx450. a honda dealership asked for an 08 NEW trx450 7800. both without taxes.

another thing is by putting more aftermarket parts on it stock. its less work for the buyer. getting more people into the sport. i cant beleive how many people are buying ktm;s just because they dont have to do the work to it. i dont blame them if i had the cash id get it too. but honda is by far the worst stock quad out(going by aftermarket parts and etc). im not saying i dont like it. im saying they need to step up and catch up with the game. you cant compete in baseball if your gear is from the 80's.

i say honda can catch up if they release a base model. which would be carbuerated, a step up from that have a xc style quad with FI and then a mx version. have pricing to go along with it.

also for anyone saying price is an issue. ktm is around 12000. stock honda is 6-8 NEW. now put ALL the parts on it that ktm has with the BEST price you can find. shocks a arms rims tires a comparable pipe bars the works. and see what the final price is. if its below 12k. congrats to you. have fun building it up from the ground..

JUST MY OPINION, that wasnt directed at anyone.

09-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
another thing is by putting more aftermarket parts on it stock. its less work for the buyer. getting more people into the sport. i cant beleive how many people are buying ktm;s just because they dont have to do the work to it. i dont blame them if i had the cash id get it too. but honda is by far the worst stock quad out(going by aftermarket parts and etc). im not saying i dont like it. im saying they need to step up and catch up with the game. you cant compete in baseball if your gear is from the 80's.

1st off whats wrong with my baseball gear? lol yeah I see a lot of people buying KTM because thy are so advanced from the factory but it is cheaper and you can build a faster quad buying the Honda and using all aftermarket to your liking. I priced them out and made sure the Honda had the same parts/width the KTM had and it had money left over to do performance. The way of the future it also the variation models like Cannondale started. Man they had a quad for everything from the factory, now KTM, and CanAm followed those steps to make a XC and MX models.

k4f5x0r
09-06-2008, 05:20 PM
i agree to an extent. you do choose your parts and it to suit your style. but you have to do all the work yourself. KTM is bringing many more spectators into the sport by making it less of a hasle for them to race. they can just spend the extra money and go ride. they dont have to build it from the ground up.

Ruby Soho
09-06-2008, 05:27 PM
The z400 has EFI, is 1in wider over last years, looks better with better ergonomics, and is a faster motor in general than the 400ex.

But still, the EFI is the main reason you and everyone else like it more.

Face it, if the 09 z didn't have FI, then everyone would notice it as minimal changes and forget about it. They would all rant on the 450 styled plastics

You, being my point, said you could give a **** about FI, but yet its enough to make you really like the 09 z.:rolleyes:

450raider
09-06-2008, 05:39 PM
okay im not sure where this thread is going, but im just gonna say i think honda changing the name from ex to x is gay...... come on seriously the 250x was the origional 300ex was it not? but now its that sportclutch thingy that smokes sitting in my garage, hmmmm

09-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
i agree to an extent. you do choose your parts and it to suit your style. but you have to do all the work yourself. KTM is bringing many more spectators into the sport by making it less of a hasle for them to race. they can just spend the extra money and go ride. they dont have to build it from the ground up.

i much rather have it all the parts i wanted and build it myself but thats me. i love to do my own wok and see it come together rather than buy it like that. If I had to choose a 450 that I couldnt mod out it would probally be the DS450 I just love those things.

k4f5x0r
09-06-2008, 05:43 PM
EFI is a great reason to make or break a group of people liking a quad. better throttle response easier to tune. only downside is a bit more stuff and go wrong and maybe its a little more expensive. but for those who say they dont like EFI its because they have honda's huge ego shoved up their *** and stick by everything honda says. the second the 450r gets changed to FI all the honda guys will be the first to say they love it. again just my opinion no harm ment.

09-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
But still, the EFI is the main reason you and everyone else like it more.

Face it, if the 09 z didn't have FI, then everyone would notice it as minimal changes and forget about it. They would all rant on the 450 styled plastics

You, being my point, said you could give a **** about FI, but yet its enough to make you really like the 09 z.:rolleyes:

No, it is not. I really actually would rather have a carb for when I go to modify it. I can't afford a $300 fuel controller. That sucks. And you need one if you throw a pipe on it, which I do on all my quads.

So no, I dont rave about the EFI nor do I care for it much.

I like the engine in general, the new looks, and new ergonomics. I always hated the way the old Z's looked and didn't care for their ergo's.

Simple as that, stop trying to read my mind because you're completely off.

k4f5x0r
09-06-2008, 05:53 PM
yea the only downside of FI is the expense in the beginning. especially if you plan on going crazy on the motor the FI controller IS SO MUCH EASIER in the long run. if you change one simple thing. its as simple as a click to change the map. no tearing it apart just a quit hook up and done.

trx400EXtreme
09-06-2008, 06:03 PM
The z400 has EFI, is 1in wider over last years, looks better with better ergonomics, and is a faster motor in general than the 400ex. true, but i still think they will be very evenly matched with equal riders.

09-06-2008, 06:08 PM
EFI is better for fine tuning and stuff but for the average guy like Eric said its costly. Also upgrading to a bigger throttle body has to be more than getting a bigger carb.

k4f5x0r
09-06-2008, 06:11 PM
i can agree with you for the average joe buying it. being 14 it pretty much blows trying to save up fort JUST a pipe and power commander. but i like it better then having to mess witha carb. plus i love the response of the FI on my quad.

klutch
09-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Wow most of you are annoying. Eric dude who cares whether the 450r or the yfz is updated now or next year or the year after? You ain't getting one so why give a crap... fairly simple. I don't care whether they discontinued every 450 right now and stopped making atvs in general i have my 450r so why bother... if it breaks then i might care.

09-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by klutch
Wow most of you are annoying. Eric dude who cares whether the 450r or the yfz is updated now or next year or the year after? You ain't getting one so why give a crap... fairly simple. I don't care whether they discontinued every 450 right now and stopped making atvs in general i have my 450r so why bother... if it breaks then i might care.

haha, such a good point. Im never gonna buy a brand new atv.. no matter what kind it is. lol.

But in the future, if I end up having a good career and make some decent money, you'll have to pry me away from the ktm dealership.

lmfao.

klutch
09-07-2008, 02:29 PM
haha, such a good point. Im never gonna buy a brand new atv.. no matter what kind it is. lol.

But in the future, if I end up having a good career and make some decent money, you'll have to pry me away from the ktm dealership.

lmfao.

Agreed i wouldn't buy new either. But if i ever completely mess up my 450R i will walk out with a nice Red DS450 MX.

mooseracerX
09-07-2008, 05:15 PM

Well I wouldn't say dominating. Practice last weekend all the KTMs ran like crap every time they landed and punched the gas they stalled. They either need FI or a bigger float bowl. This weekend guys were working on there KTM XC mxer's. I even herd them say they are inconsistent. I'm sure its just that it is a 1st year model usually you want to wait for them to work the bugs out.
BTW is there any pics of the new CRF450r? I looked a little but didn't find any. I wish Honda would just put the same motor in the trx.

quad2xtreme
09-07-2008, 06:17 PM
There is definitely something different about the 2008 carb versus the 2007 and 2006. The HRC kit is different. The needle on a 2006 is seated 3 position down. The 2008 is only 2 positions down. The number of turns out for the various screws are different too. I went riding today so I am too tired and lazy to pull the two HRC manuals out. Hell, maybe the carbs are the same and just the HRC kits are different.

k4f5x0r
09-07-2008, 06:24 PM
i ONLY buy new. i dont trust buying used unless i inspect it completely. i had the chance to get a 05 450r kicker or any other NEW quad. looked at he trx. its just not worth paying for someones crap. unless its in immaculate condition and i know the exact time on the motor and who did what, whats done to it for sure i wont but used.

i also like to get the first fart on the seat :devil:

09-07-2008, 06:33 PM
They way i see it, its cheaper to buy used if its in good condition. If you have the money for new why not. I refuse to buy anything that has been raced and when i bought my 400ex I made sure it was in good working condition and it was. It was amazing that a 2004 400ex bought by me in 2007 had so little time on it the hing looked like it was out of the factory because the guy didnt have a place to ride it just around his yard. I know for a fact I wouldnt buy a quad from myself seeing how I ride lol. I like to have fun which is generally tied in with rompin and beatin on the thing. 1st fart on the seat lol thats funny