PDA

View Full Version : clutch kit

01440ex
09-05-2008, 08:12 PM
i just tore my side cover off to put the 450r timing chain on and the clutch basket is missing to sets of fingers on each side of the clutch basket...anyone know where i can get a good clutch kit....and a certain brand that is good...also how do i put the ring gear on it from the factory basket

Pipeless416
09-06-2008, 01:02 PM
so let me get this straight.. you're missing two of the fingers on the basket?? :huh unless you know where they are, thats not good lol. anyway, i recently replaced my basket and fibers/steels. after a lot of research, i ended up going with the performance engineering billet basket. the quality is second to none, and you won't regret buying it over a hinson.. its the same thing without the name. as for getting the gear from the stock basket to the new one, drill out the three rivets that hold it on... much easier with a drill press. then, change all the cushions from the old one to the new one, and instead of putting new rivets in, it comes with allen bolts. let me know if you have any other questions.

01440ex
09-06-2008, 08:28 PM
where did you buy it from...do most of the aftermarket come where you have to drill it out and place the gear on them...thanks for the help also

86 Quad R
09-06-2008, 08:53 PM
the P/E baskets are great and are very durable and can be gotten at motosports.com. they come with all the hardware to mount the gear and yes you'll need to drill out the rivets on the old one.

01440ex
09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
i went with the hinson basket and the factory brand clutch i get everything at cost so many isnt an issue when it come to buying parts....