PDA

View Full Version : ATV racing at NCMP 9/13

quad2xtreme
09-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Would be nice to see a great turnout and meet some fellow ATVrider members.

quad2xtreme
09-06-2008, 10:11 AM
One of the coolest jumps around. It is a step-up into a tabletop; however, a few bike riders (2 or 3) can clear from step-up takeoff to tabletop lander...110 ft. Another dozen or so land on the tabletop. To date, I am not aware of a quad making it up onto the tabletop.

quad2xtreme
09-06-2008, 10:13 AM
this is a 65' tabletop that sends you pretty high...the next jump is a 75' that is actually less scary.

justin1022
09-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
this is a 65' tabletop that sends you pretty high...the next jump is a 75' that is actually less scary.

could do a backflip :cool:

09-06-2008, 07:13 PM
My buddy harris hit that jump and landed on top of the tabletop.

quad2xtreme
09-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by #101
My buddy harris hit that jump and landed on top of the tabletop.

cool. When will he be there next? Is he going to the race next weekend? What is his number and what class does he race?

quad2xtreme
09-06-2008, 07:51 PM
The reason I ask is I want to get photos and feature an article on him on the website. PM me his full name and contact info.

thanks

quad2xtreme
09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
I was at the track Sunday and it was in great shape already for a week before the races. It will be awesome after another 5 days of prep work. That 65' jump is going to get a less drastic lip on it this week. It was actually made steeper this past week so you went 5-8' higher than the picture shows.

Hopefully a few people decide to come out and participate or at least come to watch the races. Sunday will have plenty of support due to the bikes...but tracks are getting to the point of wondering if it is even worth having the quad races. Hopefully this isn't another weekend with maybe 30 quads total for all the classes. Come on out and enjoy the quad races on Saturday.

If you think clearing a jump is exciting, you have no idea how it feels in the middle of a race. :)

hondaracer31
09-08-2008, 06:57 PM
That looks like a beautyful(sp?) quad track! I wish I lived closer, Jon, I'd be there!:macho

quad2xtreme
09-08-2008, 09:03 PM
it is a nice track...plenty of room for passing so a slower rider can't stop a faster riding from making a move. Here is a whoop section that is comfortably 3 quads wide.

quad2xtreme
09-08-2008, 09:04 PM
another...this guy is a fast A Class rider who also happens to race in the 30+ Vet class. His name is Jeremy Crute. Like I mentioned in another thread, you don't pin it through these whoops or you will end up off the track or over the bars.

quad2xtreme
09-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
That looks like a beautyful(sp?) quad track! I wish I lived closer, Jon, I'd be there!:macho

Barry, you, Josh, and Kevin need to load up for a 10 day trip this winter. We got 1/2" of snow 2 winters ago and about the same this past winter. At the very worst, you are looking at mildly cold weather. It is generally at least mid-40's by lunch time here.

hondaracer31
09-09-2008, 01:01 AM
I've been thinking I'd like to do that but then I remember.............
That's SNOWMOBILE season!!! I've been looking forward to SNOW all summer!:devil:

I might have to ditch the sled for a week and come down.;)

My niece lives in Charleston, S.C. so I may tie that in with a trip down also. We'll have to see how things go around here.

hondaracer31
09-09-2008, 01:08 AM
By the way, Jon.....

It's finally RAINING !!!!:D

WHOOHOO:muscle: :bandit:

dan harris
09-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Man, Nice pics Jon. The track looks awesome. I know I'll be down to ride with you this winter when my season here is done. Barry I'm also hoping to make it up your way for the Fall Ride!

Jon that step up table looks killer. That could be a cool jump for where the tripple into the woods is here?!? ....I'm gettin' ideas. Unfortunately its raining here too. Just got the loader fixed yesterday and was lookin' forward to some diggin' today :(

quad2xtreme
09-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Looking forward to having you on my turf, Dan. :D

BTW, I don't have pics or video yet but I do believe Harris Boyd landed that step-up all the way onto the tabletop. I saw some videos of him in action and he was hitting some incredible gaps and I don't doubt for a minute that he would attempt to clear that whole jump if he could get enough power out of his quad. He is getting some work done on his quad and I got a few things to do but I hope to get him back to NCMP soon to get some footage.

It would be awesome to have that combo jump at BPG.

Dan, we are looking to make it up to Barry's in November too. Connie put in for the time at work so we can turn it into at least a 5 day trip.

quad2xtreme
09-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
I've been thinking I'd like to do that but then I remember.............
That's SNOWMOBILE season!!! I've been looking forward to SNOW all summer!:devil:

I might have to ditch the sled for a week and come down.;)

My niece lives in Charleston, S.C. so I may tie that in with a trip down also. We'll have to see how things go around here.

there is always December. Maybe she would like to see you for Christmas. :p

hondaracer31
09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
there is always December. Maybe she would like to see you for Christmas. :p

She WILL see me for Christmas. They come HERE every year.:p

quad2xtreme
09-12-2008, 06:01 PM
I am so pissed right now. I have been prepping the quad and getting ready for the races tomorrow. Just got a call from some friends who were heading up to watch me race...there is a shortage on gas because the Kangaroo gas station starting limiting customers...this caused other stations to jack up the prices and a mad rush to get gas. Apparently the stations are running out of gas around here. I am going to head out now to do a 10 mile loop to see what is up with diesel. I don't have enough to get to the track and back for sure.

quad2xtreme
09-12-2008, 06:08 PM
didn't have to be pissed for long...forgot I filled up on the way home from work Wednesday so I am good to go...now if some competition just shows up. I would hate race myself and do a DNF. :D