PDA

View Full Version : noob

kickasskevin
09-05-2008, 11:14 AM
hey i am hoping to get into atv racing i have raced dirt bikes and trail ridden quads and went to a atv race to watch once well i am 16 160 pounds and about 5 8". i am stuck on what kind of bike to get i want a 450 because i live in newfoundland canada and there is about 10 other atv racers and they all are very competative... for what they are. and i am stuck on how i am going to afford a new bike i like honda and suzuki. honda has the bullitproof engne but suzuki is race ready and i want the most bang for my buck and if i go used what should i look for/stay away from/be aware of

kickasskevin
09-05-2008, 02:26 PM
how come no one will answer my thread 36 views and no one can help me out. really!! what a fourm that dosent care about having more people interested in atvs. and i thought thier was a big rivalry between atv racers and dirtbike racers you know...half the man twice the bike, half the bike twice the man.. ya know

09-05-2008, 03:34 PM
i would honestly go with the suzuki. Most people on hear are gonna say get the honda but i disagree because the suzuki is ready to race right out of the dealer. And if you are just getting into it you probably dont want to empty your wallet in parts. get the suzuki

ThorMX17
09-05-2008, 04:23 PM
if you want race ready get a KTM i saw one at the dealer the other day. theyre nice.

by the way, i only ride hondas. id get that over the ktm or suzuki but the ktm is nicr if youre dead set on race ready. i vote honda though.

whitebros400
09-05-2008, 05:30 PM
a guy that i know his ltr's top end blew up 3 times

vAnS_77
09-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Kinda of a bais place to post to get people's opinions. It is a honda forum. IMO for ur money, I would find a cheap racing frame and a totaled 450r, take the motor out. Slap that baby into that race frame. If you really want to save money just build from frame up basically. It takes awhile but its worth it trust me...

HondaRaceReady
09-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Nig9er, you asked on the honda board. Get a honda.

Seano300ex
09-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by HondaRaceReady
Nig9er, you asked on the honda board. Get a honda.
haha hell ya i would get a honda 450r ( got one its so nice love it) if u buy used make sure u go over the whole bike checking out bearings, listen for any wierd noises coming from the motor, take it for a test ride, AND MAKE sure u flip it up on the grab bar n check out the under side. look for anything bent etc... good luck (ride RED)

krt400ex
09-06-2008, 11:37 AM
i am a honda fan, but i had to go with the ktm for this one. if you were to take the money to make a comparable 450R or any other 450 quad for that matter, you will be dumping a minimal or 3-4k into it. the ktm cost a bit more initially, but it is actually a savings for the performance advantage.

mjc597
09-06-2008, 11:55 AM
i bleed red, always owned hondas, have two right now. i love my 450r....my friend bought an 06 ltr450 because he wanted a race ready quad..hahaha.. he's put about 3-4 thousand into it and is still thinking about spending more...race ready my ***...even the new ktm's and polaris outlaws that are "race ready" will more than likely need to be upgraded and changed to suit your style... no quad is race ready, but out of the crate they have come a long way...buy a honda...but that's just my opinion..very dependable as long as you maintain them

kickasskevin
09-06-2008, 05:53 PM
i am also a huge fan of hondas to ive never had anything but hondas before but from what you have said i am kind of leaning towards ktm but i am also thinking of geting a used full blown racing bike off ebay i need it to be race ready because i dont have money to spend on that stuff and did anyone see the new 09 crf 450r ...sweet!!