PDA

View Full Version : may be buying an f250......

450raider
09-05-2008, 10:47 AM
im on the brink of payin $12,500 for a 2003 F250 but is there any known problems with the 03's? its got 200k miles (yeah thats alot) on it and seems to start fine but runs a little "high geared" is it normal if you have to lay on the gas to get taken off?...... ive never had a diesel so i dont know how their mannerisms are and was just a little curious...

thanks

400exrider99
09-05-2008, 11:52 AM
i have driven a few and they like that too. you had to push the gas down more than a gas car

09-05-2008, 11:52 AM
ive been looking around alot to for same truck. and thats kinda high priced for that many miles to. I found a bunch locally for 6-9g with 100k or less

smr
09-05-2008, 11:56 AM
03 is a split year on the motors. Some have the 7.3 and others have the 6.0.

200,000 miles is nothing. That's like 70,000 on a gas motor.

if it's got the 7.3 then you will have one of the best motors ford ever put into a truck. They will last a long time.

if it's a 6.0...it could have issues.

12,500 is not a bad price for an 03 if it has the 7.3. Is it 4wd? Is it ext cab?

xsr_racing28c
09-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Many known problems on the 6.0 L powerstrokes. I'd stay away...

trick450r
09-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
Many known problems on the 6.0 L powerstrokes. I'd stay away...

it could be a 7.3....find the production date and i can tell you what its got.

blacknblue#2
09-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Like stated above, make sure what engine is in it. The 03 6.0 was a first year test dummy. They had turbo issues, headgasket issue and some other stuff. If its a 7.3 i would jump all over it for that price. 12,500 for a nice diesel truck is a steal and if its a 7.3 then 200,000 miles is just the prime of its life haha. If your dead set on a 6.0 then get an 05 or newer. They upgraded the head gaskets and turbo and worked most the bugs out. I have an 06 F250 regular cab 6 speed and i cant complain. Its got a 150 horse SCT programmer plugged into it and never had a lick of trouble. I call it my 6500lb mustang with hitch hahah

450raider
09-05-2008, 04:50 PM
ok for the specifics its an 6.0 xlt 4x4, and has 4 full doors with bells and whistles, and the salesman told us that theyll run a little slow like that till you get em warmed up... so well see tomorrow

blacknblue#2
09-05-2008, 05:15 PM
The dealer was right about the runnin better when its warm. These trucks are designed to take the right amount of fuel based on the heat of the heads. Ive started mine up before in the winter when it wouldnt take any fuel at all above an idle so dont let that scare ya. Which this is a good safety precaution. With growing up a son of one big tractor collector all my life(up to alost 50 at one point) all my life i learned alot about a diesel engine and if you pour the fuel to an unheated engine your askin to crack a head. 12500 for a loaded 4door 4x4 would kinda worry me. Thats cheap for southern ohio. I would ask for a history report on it with all the warranty claims and all. I know back around 03 and 04 when ford first started using this engine they actually had to buy alot of these trucks back due to the lemon law. All they done were fixed them again and shipped them to another part of the country and sold them as used. I had a buddy buy a buy-back truck in 05. IMHO though ford was askin for it. When international/navistar built these engines they were rated at 215 horse, ford gets them and tries bumping them way up before they even hit the dealer. Thats like buying a modded truck and dont even know it. International is the only reason i buy a ford. If they had a Cummins i would still buy. If i was buying a diesel truck for the ride and looks i would buy a Chevy.

hondaracer31
09-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I have an '03 6.0 4x4 Automatic, Crew Cab, Lariat with 94,000 miles. I've had no problems and I have an SCT tuner, MBRP "Cool Duals" stainless exhuast and guages. I'm not gentle on my truck and work it everyday.
Get the VIN number, go to a Ford dealer and ask for an OASIS report on it. That will tell you if it's had any warrenty issues.
There were a lot of good 6.0's and a few bad ones.
As for the "dead' feeling, the '03 turbo has fewer vanes on the exhuast side so the turbo spools up slower, but makes power way higher. Once the truck is up to temp, when the RPM's hit about 2700, hold on!
Mine, with the chip and exhuast will smoke the tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and chirp them in 4th and 5th.
Just do some research and make sure it's a good one.

450raider
09-06-2008, 07:05 PM
yeah thanks, im just gonna jump at it and get it and if it tears up just find the salesmans house and blow up his mailbox:D, now are those sct chips any good? where do you find em and about how much do they run? better yet any programmers for sale out there lol

hondaracer31
09-06-2008, 07:29 PM
The SCT programers are the best for the Fords, hands down. I got mine for $425 with unlimited custom tunes for life. Check out Innovative Diesel for one. Stay away from all the other chips(Edge, etc.) If it's an automatic they will tear the tranny up, plus could hurt the motor. The best thing about my SCT is that it gave me a "Jake Brake". I tow everyday, usually around 10,000lbs. and rarely do I need to use my brakes.
Just do some research and remember, SCT is not the same as SuperChips.

eastside 400
09-06-2008, 08:19 PM
6.0's are junk! stay away, we had an 04 with 55k when we finally got rid of it, owned it since brand new and 3 turbo's, 3 EGR coolers, 2 EGR valves and ****ty fuel mileage too. Def. not worth the money with that many miles either, the dealership that took it as a trade in had it down to 17k and it was an 04 F350 with 55k on it, truck was flawless, crew cab XLT loaded but not leather, with toneau cover running boards and some other things with brand new tires and brakes. you should be able to pick one up cheaper with the fuel prices today

hondaracer31
09-07-2008, 05:59 AM
YOUR 6.0 was junk! As I stated before, there were a FEW bad ones. There are a heck of a lot more good ones. You can't tell me I have the ONLY 6.0 that is WORKED everyday and has not had ANY major problems in 95,000 miles!?!?!?

eastside 400
09-07-2008, 07:52 PM
well i am an auto tech, and ive seen plenty of 6.0s broken down, another friend works at a ford dealer and they have him on diesels non stop everyday and 95% of them are 6.0's. lots of EGR/cooler, turbo, head studs, gaskets and that type of problems. I went to a program put on by international and the whole program was about the 6.0 and the problems with them, and all the other techs there had nothing but bad to say. I am not saying all are bad but there are way too many with problems and if the truck is an 03 then it has a early production engine so i would stay away, i really dont get why people post asking opinions and then dont wanna listen to what is said.

hondaracer31
09-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I didn't ask the question. I just gave MY opinion. I have an early '03 6.0 which has had NO problems so, apparently, not every 6.0 is junk. Maybe I have the ONLY one that is not junk.
Personally I think most of the problems stem from the EGR cooler(poor design) so I have eliminated the whole EGR system.

He asked a question, I gave my honest opinion.
I am washing my hands of this whole thread.
Flame on.....

400exrider707
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
6.0's are great motors. Ford made them crappy with their emissions nonsense.

Do an EGR cooler delete or bypass and put some ARP headstuds and the 6.0 is a very good motor.

I put down 466/772 with nothing more than an SCT from Innovative Diesel.

I daily drive my extreme race file and I'm not easy on it. It's an 06 6.0 and I love it. A programmed 6.0 will run all over a mildly built 7.3 any day of the week.

You wont beat a 7.3 for reliability though.

smr
09-08-2008, 06:31 AM
that's cheap for this truck. Stay away, it has the 6.0 and I'd say it has problems or it would be higher priced.

bens250ex
09-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
6.0's are great motors. Ford made them crappy with their emissions nonsense.

Do an EGR cooler delete or bypass and put some ARP headstuds and the 6.0 is a very good motor.

I put down 466/772 with nothing more than an SCT from Innovative Diesel.

I daily drive my extreme race file and I'm not easy on it. It's an 06 6.0 and I love it. A programmed 6.0 will run all over a mildly built 7.3 any day of the week.

You wont beat a 7.3 for reliability though.

sorry to differ but my buddies 06 6.0 can't put my 7.3 under.. he has run 2 different tuners a bully dog and a sct and is about to get some custome tunning on the sct.. he also has full 4 inch exhaust. my 7.3 has intake(cheap style),stacked, and i am runin a bully dog 6 pos flip chip. but my truck is also a early 99 . i have a smaller turbo than the 99.5 but mine will boost up faster. they make relatively the same amount of power. im about to ditch the bully dog as well and go with tony wildman or dp tunes..i love the way the 6.0 sound but none can ever seem to hang

blacknblue#2
09-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by bens250ex
sorry to differ but my buddies 06 6.0 can't put my 7.3 under.. he has run 2 different tuners a bully dog and a sct and is about to get some custome tunning on the sct.. he also has full 4 inch exhaust. my 7.3 has intake(cheap style),stacked, and i am runin a bully dog 6 pos flip chip. but my truck is also a early 99 . i have a smaller turbo than the 99.5 but mine will boost up faster. they make relatively the same amount of power. im about to ditch the bully dog as well and go with tony wildman or dp tunes..i love the way the 6.0 sound but none can ever seem to hang

Have you ever rode in a 6 liter with an innovative tune????????? My brothers truck is an 06 with an AEM intake, full MBRP exhaust and the Innovative Extreme race tune. It is a 4 door long bed 4x4 auto and trust me there is no 7.3 with basically just a chip gonna run with it. My dads truck is a 2001 7.3 Regular cab 6speed, at one time it had a 150 Horse flip chip on it and it wouldnt come close to runnin with the brothers truck and it was half the truck. Dont get me wrong in all honesty the 7.3 was the best engine ever put in a ford and they are there when you give them fuel but once you get a 6 liter above the turbo look out. Its nothing for mine and my brothers trucks to bury a 40psi boost gauge. Dads 7.3 done good to bury a 25 guage. Theres the difference....................I cant believe how far diesel trucks have come, My dad had the first 6.9 ever sold in our county and has had diesels ever since. Man that truck was a luggin machine and not luxury at all. had a radio, a 4 speed and that was about it, not even a headliner and boy did you know it when it rained haha. Now most diesel trucks are family vehicles and an overgrown Caddy haha

450raider
09-09-2008, 08:20 AM
well its official and i got it.... its in the shop lol, ill explain the dealer had $13900 on it and giving it one of my 99 point inspections and discovered that the a/c was broken (whay does it seem that vehicles are easier to check then quads??), so thats when i checked on nada and found that it was still worth around 13000 so then came my offer of 12500 and they fix the a/c...... and after some attempted swindling they took it, and it should be done today, they called yesterday and said it needed a compressor and thats like $600 which was 400when i looked em up :rolleyes:, and already my borthers talkin a straight pipe and programer....

450raider
09-09-2008, 02:39 PM
alright got it and actually it runs pretty smooth ran with no problems on the 30 miles of interstate back to the house, but the front tires or steering wheel however tend to "rattle" when you hit the brakes what could all cause that? maybe alignment, to much air in tires, to little air, tires off balance.....

hondaracer31
09-09-2008, 04:37 PM
warped rotors, loose(bad)ball joints...
the only problems I've ever had with mine had nothing to do with the motor.
Just a heads up, keep an eye on the left, rear, inside brake pad.
Mine wore completely out and fell out.:eek2:

450raider
09-09-2008, 05:19 PM
yeah were gonna take it to our do it all tire shop and get it checked out i was just wanting an idea of what it could be, so i dont gotta pay to have everything up front checked.....

also just for a side note does anyone know about cleaning black plastic trim? (bumber, bedrails, ect.) i heard that shoe polish works (the kind with the little brush on it) has anyone ever tried it or know of something else?

blacknblue#2
09-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Lets see this truck lol

jherbie28
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
yeah were gonna take it to our do it all tire shop and get it checked out i was just wanting an idea of what it could be, so i dont gotta pay to have everything up front checked.....

also just for a side note does anyone know about cleaning black plastic trim? (bumber, bedrails, ect.) i heard that shoe polish works (the kind with the little brush on it) has anyone ever tried it or know of something else?

also be sure to check the ball joints like barry said before putting new tires on it if thats what you plan to do! dont waste your money. and if you have a clanking sort of noise in the front end when hitting bumps probably ball joints. i have a 03 7.3 and about a new front end:p but with close to 200,000miles in less then 5yrs(hauling heavy loads) thats not bad in my opinion. give em hell barry:devil:

400exrider707
09-09-2008, 07:59 PM
I had major issues with mine getting squirrely at high speeds when applying the brakes, which was much worsened when any bump was hit, it was very dangerous....

what I did to fix it...

took the factory E rated tires off and put on some D rated tires, rides much nicer now!

I'm sorry no way in heck is a 7.3 running with a 6.0, you are out of your mind. A 7.3 with injectors and a larger turbo wont put down as much power as a custom tuned 6.0....

check out the ford forums, you'll see for yourself. The 7.3 is a great motor, but it does NOT have the 6.0 power. I posted my numbers in a thread and someone with a 7.3 had to chime in and tell me what they could do, they had larger injectors and a turbo, and Tony Wildman (if you know anything about powerstrokes you know that name) told him he was full of it...

400exrider707
09-09-2008, 08:18 PM

Bully dog is JUNK, you can put it right up there with Banks crap.

SCT without custom tunes is just as useless powerwise but at least it has the transmission tuning. Wait til he gets custom tuning then come back here and let us know how it goes.

You yourself need a good tuner...

bens250ex
09-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Bully dog is JUNK, you can put it right up there with Banks crap.

SCT without custom tunes is just as useless powerwise but at least it has the transmission tuning. Wait til he gets custom tuning then come back here and let us know how it goes.

You yourself need a good tuner...

ok holly dump guys im not a dumb *** with diesels i plan on owning my own diesel shop. i know the best of the best when it comes to diesel tunes. to tell you a little bit read my post. i said i would be runin custom toones soon as well.(sooner if you want to donate some $) yea bd is not the best but when its cheap its cheap and better than stock. we have run the trucks many times and he himself admits HIS 6.0 will not pull on my 7.3 . yea i thought it would walk on my truck like i was told but it didn't. . . also weight to power ratio his is crew cab mine is ext cab. but also im lifted on 35's hes stock. i have also owned the 6.9 should have never sold that truck but had to. we were the original owners. it was one clean truck just about the only one not beatin. so anyways i know what a 6.0 is suppose to do all i shared was my personal races with them. there both ford stop wankin and show some respect to fellow diesel gurus. if my engine goes you'll be sein a 24valve in the place of the 7.3 :blah: lets see some pics of ya'll diesels (im also on 2 different diesel sites) read and wrench on both . i respect all diesels so i don't want to hear ya'lls bull crap that i do not know anything about diesel engines especially international diesel;)

400exrider707
09-10-2008, 05:58 AM
ok holly dump guys im not a dumb *** with diesels i plan on owning my own diesel shop. i know the best of the best when it comes to diesel tunes. to tell you a little bit read my post. i said i would be runin custom toones soon as well.(sooner if you want to donate some $) yea bd is not the best but when its cheap its cheap and better than stock. we have run the trucks many times and he himself admits HIS 6.0 will not pull on my 7.3 . yea i thought it would walk on my truck like i was told but it didn't. . . also weight to power ratio his is crew cab mine is ext cab. but also im lifted on 35's hes stock. i have also owned the 6.9 should have never sold that truck but had to. we were the original owners. it was one clean truck just about the only one not beatin. so anyways i know what a 6.0 is suppose to do all i shared was my personal races with them. there both ford stop wankin and show some respect to fellow diesel gurus. if my engine goes you'll be sein a 24valve in the place of the 7.3 :blah: lets see some pics of ya'll diesels (im also on 2 different diesel sites) read and wrench on both . i respect all diesels so i don't want to hear ya'lls bull crap that i do not know anything about diesel engines especially international diesel;)

Should of saved that money on the bullydog and put it towards a better tuner!:p

Either you have a freak 7.3 or your buddies 6.0 has major issues.

What other sites are you on?

I'm on www.thedieselstop.com but dont go there much anymore,
www.powerstroke.org, www.upstatebombers.com (upstate NY club) www.dieselbombers.com and I'm registered at www.competitiondiesel.com but dont go there much.

bens250ex
09-10-2008, 06:58 AM
i have had the bd forsale tryin to sell it on the forums. im on powerstroke.org and thedieselstop.com. his truck seems to run great but anyways i really want to order a new chip instead of gettin the bullydog reburned but i am also going to update my pcm with a newer version to get a lil more better tooning.

blacknblue#2
09-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I know my international diesels, got a barn with 40+ of them in it and a driveway with 5 in it lol........now SHOW US YOUS DIESELS hahaha

mine
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/045.jpg

my brothers (im not gonna lie, the dmax is the one to look out for)
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/Lynchburgpull008.jpg

450raider
09-10-2008, 03:04 PM
yeah im gonna post it as soon as i get my hands on a working camera (by the way its my brothers, diesel will have to go down just a little bit more before i get rid of the f150 for one.... and when that does happen i got my eye on the f650 lol) anyway ill post it sometime....

pro-rider46
09-10-2008, 06:08 PM
ok holly dump guys im not a dumb *** with diesels i plan on owning my own diesel shop.

yeah me too, im 15.

bens250ex
09-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
I know my international diesels, got a barn with 40+ of them in it and a driveway with 5 in it lol........now SHOW US YOUS DIESELS hahaha

mine
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/045.jpg

my brothers (im not gonna lie, the dmax is the one to look out for)
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/Lynchburgpull008.jpg

damn good lookin trucks their!!!! i don't have any recent pics i will take some this week end while im out of town and post em when i get back. hopefully a couple action pics.

450raider
09-13-2008, 06:03 PM
okay here it is, the same one ive been posting about, so far so good!!! (taken by cell so it may not some out so great)

hondaracer31
09-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Nice truck! You'll like it.
Here are a few pics of mine..

hondaracer31
09-13-2008, 08:08 PM

hondaracer31
09-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Last one. Can you tell, I love my truck?

450raider
09-13-2008, 08:14 PM
ha on this other site i saw all but confirmation of a f150 diesel for 2009 1/2 or 2010, i myself may be chuggin around in one of them lol..... and the return of the f100 (in a 4 cyl)

jherbie28
09-14-2008, 05:20 PM
barrys truck always looks so good, well except when leaving breezewood:D

hypersnyper6947
09-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I love my 6.0, i will post some pics soon, its a 06' crew cab lariat fx4 with fabtech 6" lift bilstien 5100 shocks 20s w/ 37s, it also has a 4" cat back mbrp and 2 jl 10s. I love it. Its 2 tone with white up top and tan on the bottom. Im not doing a chip though, it will void that 100k factory warranty real quick, also with the 6.0 you have to put some good ARP studs in it if you want to mod it. To get to the motor to put the studs in you have to lift the whole cab off the truck, lots of money in labor....

400exrider707
09-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
I love my 6.0, i will post some pics soon, its a 06' crew cab lariat fx4 with fabtech 6" lift bilstien 5100 shocks 20s w/ 37s, it also has a 4" cat back mbrp and 2 jl 10s. I love it. Its 2 tone with white up top and tan on the bottom. Im not doing a chip though, it will void that 100k factory warranty real quick, also with the 6.0 you have to put some good ARP studs in it if you want to mod it. To get to the motor to put the studs in you have to lift the whole cab off the truck, lots of money in labor....

Just return it back to stock before bringing it in to the dealer and you shouldn't have any issue with warranty work. I haven't been turned down yet for any of it.

It will read a battery disconnect code when set back to stock, though the CEL wont come on. It is P0001 I believe. Just cycle the key 12 times and it disappears. Whala!

I've seen ARP's put in leaving the cab on, and leaving the heads on. It's not recommended though. You can also pull the motor out the front, but lifting the cab is the easiest and quickest way. I will be getting mine put on under warranty in the next couple weeks, my dealer already agreed, just have to buy the studs then they will put them in.

hypersnyper6947
09-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Thats awesome there going to warranty the work to put in the studs? That is great

Mine is staying stock, i took some pics but cant get the dam camera to put the pics onto the computer, dam technology.

400exrider707
09-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
Thats awesome there going to warranty the work to put in the studs? That is great

Mine is staying stock, i took some pics but cant get the dam camera to put the pics onto the computer, dam technology.

How can you do it? I cant stand driving mine on stock tuning. It is unearthly slow. I can not stand it. I flashed mine back to race tune in the dealers parking lot.

hypersnyper6947
09-17-2008, 09:57 PM
I have never put any tuner on it at all so i dont konw what its like to have one faster, so mine feels pretty good to me. I have also never been in one with a tuner. I have a 4" mbrp cat back but that doesnt do much. The 37s suck a lot of power too. Here it is

hondaracer31
09-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Get a cat delete pipe for it. You'll LOVE the sound!:devil: :macho

With a tuner you wouldn't know you had 37's, it would add that much power.

400exrider707
09-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
Get a cat delete pipe for it. You'll LOVE the sound!:devil: :macho

With a tuner you wouldn't know you had 37's, it would add that much power.

Especially since you never had a tuner or rode in one. I guarantee once you did you'd go home and order one. Why dont you have one might I ask? SCT is the way to go if you choose to get one, and get custom tunes only. They are the only tuner that tunes the transmission as well as the motor. If you contact Innovative Diesel, they'll set you up. They also keep the power levels down a touch if they know you dont have ARP studs.

I spoiled myself because I put mine on when I had stock tires. I put 34" swampers on and I could tell it was a touch slower, so I backed it back down to a 33" A/T just to get back what little power I lost.

We dynoed back to back two similar trucks.

My buddy has an 04 (different turbo than my 06), he has stock exhaust straight piped. He is running a bully dog triple downloader (I'm trying to talk him out of it).

Stock settings he put down 271hp
Bully dog on extreme he put down 430's

Mine is 100% stock other than the SCT, and I'm using Innovative Diesels custom tuning, Extreme Race tune.

I put down 466 consistently.

The SCT alone put another 190ish horse to the wheels on this truck. TQ was higher than that.

Also your exhaust will sound a LOT more mean with a tuner. The revs are ridiculous. I daily drive mine with a 4150rpm limit. The tune normally comes with a 4250, but I backed it off a touch, the power falls off before then anyways. The exhaust note on my buddys truck between stock and extreme settings were tremendously different. Straight piped 6.0's with a programmer sound awesome! Check some out on youtube.

Also another question for you, are you running any traction bars with those 37's? You'd be really surprised at how much axle wrap you're getting. Your pumpking will point almost straight up and down when you drop the hammer. It's sickening. I can shoot you some links to watch if you want. Are you on powerstroke.org?

bens250ex
09-18-2008, 07:11 PM
i still didn't get any pics of mine i am going to try and get pics of it while workin tomorrow. can you post them vids with the axle wrap?

hypersnyper6947
09-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Im not tuning mine b/c it voids your warranty, even if you put it back to stock they can still tell. I'm only 22 the 50k truck was a BIG invesment for me, i want it to last, i also dont have the cash to fix it. So im doing everything i can to keep that 100k warranty. Once i get past the 100k mile mark, and i have some more cash i will do the head studs and tune it, and install the rest of my turbo back exhast( i have all the pipes all ready) right now im just running the cat back portion. I have to get a steering stabilizer still then maybe the traction bars. I want to get a pioneer avic D3 soon also, gotta have the nav. Also want to get some HID's too. Im on dieselstop.com forum

bbender85
09-19-2008, 09:04 AM
mine isn't a diesel... yet. hoping to put a 12v cummins in it next summer with an NV4500 behind it.. forget electrical bullcrap, lol.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/bbender85/truck%20stuff/DSC03079.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/bbender85/truck%20stuff/DSC03090.jpg

hypersnyper6947
09-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Nice truck looks good, Yea when my engine dies im going for a cummins too i think, that or the new 6.4 its pretty awesome too

400exrider707
09-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Bbender what rims are those, I really like them...

hypersnyper the new 6.4's are nice, but DPF's suck. I couldn't buy one and then immediately void the warranty just to make it drivable and get decent mileage. Forget that!

Also they can NOT tell you have tuned your truck. You're just falling for the hype bud. Like I said, you return it to stock they will get a P0001 battery disconnect code, which in itself means nothing. Cycle your key 12 times and it goes away so there is NO way they can tell.

I'm only 24 recently so I know what you're saying, it is the most expensive thing I have owned myself.

I more or less gave up on dieselstop. I cant stand how they treat you like a little kid and you cant talk about anything even remotely emissions related or any type of racing. No thanks!

Here's the post done by a member known as Tank's 250 on Powerstroke.org

AXLE WRAP:

For any of you with 36" or larger tires,...YOU HAVE A BUTT LOAD of axle wrap,...you just don't know it

Do a little test....have a friend get in your truck,...while you look at your rear pinion,...tell him to stomp on the skinny pedal....

After your done crying,....get some traction bars....lol

Here's what mine looked like,...I wish youtube had a way to stop the video,...it's much worse than you can see but it happens so fast ...it's hard to completely get the idea.

MY AXLE WRAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w992A-3W_YI

AXLE WRAP AFTER TRACTION BARS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs6PS87Zw9I&NR=1

bbender85
09-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Bbender what rims are those, I really like them...

Ion Alloy type 170