PDA

View Full Version : Updated Pics of my Laeger's YZ426

racerx573
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Got the a-arms and swingarm powdercoated white.

I don't have my gold Hardkors on, because I need to get new bearings for them.

racerx573
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
And another.

I will have more pics up after I get the Hardkors on, and get new rotors for them.

racerx573
09-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I also added the Quad Tech seat cover, and will be getting new custom graphics made.

Lynch01ex
09-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Very nice ride man. Were u getting the quad tech seat?

racerx573
09-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I got it off ebay for like $250, it was before they started making them again. It was brand new.

the4billa
09-09-2008, 06:37 PM
wow one of the sweetest one ive seen in a long time post more pics good luck

racerx573
09-11-2008, 09:17 AM
I'll get some more up this weekend, hopefully some action shots. I've only ridden it 3 or 4 times since I built it in '05. The first time I raced it, I wrecked and ripped the flip top off of my subframe, so I had to get a custom one made. After that it didn't get ridden until last fall when I took it to Breezewood twice, and then I raced it last month once. I was riding my 250R still while I was trying to iron out the hybrid...I miss my R....I'd go back to a 2-stroke any day, but the trickness factor of the hybrid is always a plus :-D

oj250r
09-11-2008, 10:32 AM
ah jsason do you ever have any trouble finding parts for your motor cause i've ran into some snaggs this year with mine and tryin to find parts cause its so old

racerx573
09-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Somewhat, I check the thumpertalk forums a lot though for parts.

oj250r
09-11-2008, 04:34 PM
do you still have your neutral switch on the motor or did you get a block off plate or something for it cause i wanna get rid of mine if i can

oj250r
09-11-2008, 04:41 PM
also i was thinkin of gettina 450 and putting it in my hybrid and was wanting to know if it will line up in all the same mounts as my 426

racerx573
09-13-2008, 12:59 PM
I've been trying to find out if the YZ450 mounts are the same or not. If not, I know a guy who will machine the crank and everything to fit a YZ450 cylinder on the 426.
I got a neutral switch cover plate with the oil window from DrD

http://www.dubachracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=30

I may just end up going with a 444cc setup for it, but if I do that I am going to get an SFB Racing oversized clutch cover since I am running the wet sump.

I got a Polaris Sportsman coolant catch bottle which is much larger than the one Walsh uses from the Predator.

I also got a high pressure radiator cap from Pit Posse on ebay.

I've had some overheating issues, I haven't run it with the catch bottle and the high pressure cap yet though.

jrspawn
09-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Hey whats up? As for the mount difference between the yzf400/426 and the yz450f, there is a difference but not much. The lower motor mount will need to be machined slighlty, and a head stay will need to be fabricated(450f headstay mount is lower).

Thank you
Justin

oj250r
09-14-2008, 02:09 PM
can you post some pics of how your set up is on your bike for cooling cause i have a pwr oversized radiator and i put a walsh overflow and i am now running evans coolant and seems to be helped out now that i have both of those but i have to play with my jetting everytime i ride now though

dehner47
09-15-2008, 07:21 AM
if ya dont mind me asking,where do you have your catch bottle set up at? was trying to see if you have it on your radiator luver like walsh likes to run or not.was trying to find another spot for mine but not sure what would work.can you post up a pic for me on where you have yours set up at.i would really appreciate it..

racerx573
09-15-2008, 01:50 PM
I mounted it on the inside of the louver on the throttle side, it's not in the pics yet, but I can get some.

I have to rejet to richen it up a bit, I took it down the block and my pipe was glowing and my exhaust tip was white inside.

I am also gonna try running regular C12, instead of oxygenated U4.

dehner47
09-16-2008, 09:06 AM
you said you put it on the inside of the louver?? if you can,could you post up a pic of it so i can see how you have it set up.i'd really appreciate it if ya could. i was looking at putting it on the inside of the louvers myself.origanally,walsh ran them on the outside of the louver on the throttle side.but i put a new set of carbon fiber louvers from walsh n didn't want the big *** bottle to take up the look of the carbon fiber.any suggestions??

g9901920
09-17-2008, 09:10 PM
racer x i pm'ed you.

racerx573
09-18-2008, 01:12 PM
I'll get some pics up tonight. I used some fender bushings through the holes and aluminum spaces on the inside between the bottle and the shroud. I wouldn't wanna f*ck up the looks of the Walsh shrouds either. I'd like to get a WRC radiator, but my PWR with the Full Bore shrouds is pretty trick as well, especially since the shrouds are off of Tim Farr's blue Laeger 250R from Huevos 4, haha.

My whole quad has parts off of pro bikes. The frame is Hollie Shartzer's old 250R frame, the RTC levers are from Bill Ballance's LRD 300R, the Pro Trax front end I bought from Jason Dunkelberger in 2003, the engine/TC exhaust is one of Jason Luburgh's from his Laeger hybrids.

So hopefully those parts will make me faster! :devil::huh :

Originally posted by dehner47
you said you put it on the inside of the louver?? if you can,could you post up a pic of it so i can see how you have it set up.i'd really appreciate it if ya could. i was looking at putting it on the inside of the louvers myself.origanally,walsh ran them on the outside of the louver on the throttle side.but i put a new set of carbon fiber louvers from walsh n didn't want the big *** bottle to take up the look of the carbon fiber.any suggestions?? :huh

dehner47
09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
i think i might be s**t outta luck with where i can mount my bottle.i tried fitting it inside the shrouds but no luck.bottle just a tit bit to big and wont fit in right. dont ya hate when you bottles to big and just wont fit in that tight spot :devil: