PDA

View Full Version : 04 & 07 valve train swap

Drakenquad
09-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Wondering if anyone knows if the entire valve train (cylinder head and valves) from an 07 will swap directly to an 04?? I know there's a slight difference in piston bores but does that affect the fitment of the valve head?
Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks:devil:

KILLAQuad
09-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Drakenquad
Wondering if anyone knows if the entire valve train (cylinder head and valves) from an 07 will swap directly to an 04?? I know there's a slight difference in piston bores but does that affect the fitment of the valve head?
Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks:devil:

Wont work ... ;)

blacknblue#2
09-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Not a bolt on AT ALL. We do have an 05 with an 06 head but it took machining. We just wanted to test to see if there was hidden power in the newer heads that the older engines dont have and there was but it is not for anyone to try. We had an 05 we didnt care about and a new head that we didnt care to sink the Mill into. it worked but like i said dont try it at home. As for the valves i know the intakes are the same. For some reason i cant remember if the exhaust are.

kingdingaling
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
The valve stem diameter is different from '05 to '06 on the exhaust side. But the '06 has titanium intake valves that would be a cheap alternative to aftermarket valves. They're around $58 dollars each from the dealership.