PDA

View Full Version : hurt on the job?

c450Razy
09-05-2008, 12:33 AM
ok so i sliced my hand open tonight at work that required 4 stiches... well no big deal, but once it happend my employer made me clock out and drive myself to the hos. This all happend 2 hours before i was to sposed to leave.. if iam not mistaken dont they have to keep me on the clock for the time i spent in the hos since the injury accured at work? i didnt get out of there till 12:30. Anybody know?

JC02400EX
09-05-2008, 12:40 AM
yes they are required to pay you for the time you spent at the hospital if it was covered under workmans comp insurance. at least thats how it is in alabama.

quad59
09-05-2008, 05:44 AM
I used to run a construction company with my brother and it depends on the state you live in. Those hours that you were at the hospital should be payed out to you under workmans comp. After you file your claim any pay or benefits you receive will come from the workmans comp ins it starts the moment you got hurt untill you return to work. The other issue is that he should have drove you to the hospital, your employer is responsible for making sure you get there ok. Should you have passed out in your truck and died and hurt somebody else your employer will be liable. Whats done is done though. If he was smart he would have payed for hospital visit and will keep you working for full pay untill you are better. In the long run it will save him money, the workers comp rates go up everytime there is a report. They go up in substantial amounts and seems like they never go back down. For something as simple as a couple of stiches he would be better off paying the medical and your time than reporting it.