PDA

View Full Version : Can you make a 700R handle?

MtnEX
09-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Well, the title of the thread says most of the question....

I'm just wondering if they sell aftermarket lowering parts and so forth to cut the quad's height down a notch or two and dial in the handling....

My Sport 400 is big, tall and stupid fast with sad handling.

My 400EX is small, low and handles like a dream, with a real sad engine.

Just wondering how much more power and torque a Raptor has to offer and if I can get it to handle (without being super wide)??? How much do they weigh anyways???

Sometimes I sort of regret not getting that white and silver GYTR 700R.

Krandall
09-05-2008, 09:24 AM
What's the goal for the raptor?

There are quite a few guys I know that are running TT w/ the raptor. The power / torque the 700 has is amazing.

My brother has an 04' 400ex bored to a 440 ex. And the difference is simply amazing. I'm not talking down to the honda cuz' it has pretty good snap w/ the stg 2 cam and 440 kit. But. The raptor walks all over it in every dept.

There are quite a few lowering kits available for the raptor to drop both the front and rear down.

Plus a few different sway bar options for the front as well.

hit up www.raptorsource.com for more info.

-Randy

coryatver
09-05-2008, 09:35 AM
gt thunder makes a link for it also a shock conversion so that it sags about 4 inches making it handle a lot better.

of course a 700 cc bike should just annihilate a 400ex no matter whats done to it its nothing to write home about. I was pretty surpised though that I beat a stock one with my piped 450.

09-05-2008, 09:54 AM
what is a sport 400?

coryatver
09-05-2008, 10:21 AM
one of these beasts

http://www.aderk.com/pictures/-1996-Polaris-Sport-400-ATV1-regina-b8t0y.jpg

Krandall
09-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
gt thunder makes a link for it also a shock conversion so that it sags about 4 inches making it handle a lot better.

of course a 700 cc bike should just annihilate a 400ex no matter whats done to it its nothing to write home about. I was pretty surpised though that I beat a stock one with my piped 450.

I believe it..

They come so rediculously corked up from the factory. I believe the stock exhaust hole is MAYBE 3/4"

4gunz4x4z
09-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Krandall
I believe it..

They come so rediculously corked up from the factory. I believe the stock exhaust hole is MAYBE 3/4"

Thats no joke, my fat thumb can plug it up.

f4istunna
09-09-2008, 06:31 AM
I love the way mine handles. Its setup for xc so just have stock width arms and axle, but i had the shocks redone by gtt, got a stabalizer, antivibe w/ flexx bars razr 2's all the way around. It goes pretty much right where/when i want it.

If your riding mostly open/wide areas extended axle and a arms make it alot more stable too

Krandall
09-09-2008, 07:28 AM
I run XC As well. I opted for the 4/1 offset rims to suck the tires in, but am running ishock +2 a-arms. and upgraded the rear axle and running stock width.:D