PDA

View Full Version : banshee

Butters
12-08-2002, 06:26 PM
are the banshee shocks really good??

Poncho
12-08-2002, 07:37 PM
There ok, but there not good enough for racing standards.

Spencer

12-08-2002, 08:28 PM
it all depends on what type of riding you do

Butters
12-08-2002, 10:55 PM
well i don't race and i just do some light jumping. i was thinking about getting one but i have also considered other quads. i have thought about a z400 and a cannondale, but the dale is so expensive and i want something faster than a z400. i know the z goes faster than a 300ex but if i am going to get a different quad i want it to be a big difference. the only draw back to the banshee is that it is a 2-stroke. really this isn't much of a draw back its just i don't know much about the quad. all in all i think this is what i really want to go to. i would go to a 250r but they are so old. and the cool thing about a shee is even if i get a 93 or something it will pretty much be the same as the 2003. what do you guys think i should do??

12-09-2002, 02:49 PM
go with hte shee or the Z, i think you'll be hapy either way

Butters
12-09-2002, 02:54 PM
yeah i want to but i don't know that thats what is going to happen. i mean i really don't have that kind of money. i might just put a 330 kit on my 300 because i really like how it handles. the 300ex is my favorite but of course i have only ridden warriors and 400exs. not sure what i am going to do but if i do anything to my 300 i will replace front shocks.

Poncho
12-09-2002, 05:53 PM
I thought back when I had my 300ex I wanted a 330 kit and all. Well I got to thinking, I'm gonna outgrow this thing in a while and I would have to do alot of mods to get it where I need it for racing. So I just sold my 300ex outright and went and bought a new banshee. I'm just so glad I didn't do the whole 330 kit, shocks, a-arms, axle and other misc parts. It's so much worth it just upgrading to another quad that is all around a little better. (not flaming the 300ex, I loved mine :) ) Even though alot of people run down the banshee because of someone that has had a bad experience and gave it a bad name, but most of the poeple that go along and say this have never even ridden one that has the "Right" mods. I may be crazy but I wouldn't trade my banshee for a highly modded 440ex or R. Well just one persons opinion here. Hope I helped somewhat. :)

Spencer

Butters
12-09-2002, 08:31 PM
yeah you helped and thats kinda how i feel. i mean i don't have to have ti race ready or anything but i don't know if i should just take the money i would put into my 300 and save it till i have enough for maybe a nice used one. i mean not miuch has changed since 87 (i know the a arm thing though) but thats about it. i'm not sure what i will do. i think though i would really enjoy the power of a banshee though. but i do not want to sell my 300ex cause it would make a good back up 4-stroke. thanks

Syrus
12-13-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXtreme01
well i don't race and i just do some light jumping. i was thinking about getting one but i have also considered other quads. i have thought about a z400 and a cannondale, but the dale is so expensive and i want something faster than a z400. i know the z goes faster than a 300ex but if i am going to get a different quad i want it to be a big difference. the only draw back to the banshee is that it is a 2-stroke. really this isn't much of a draw back its just i don't know much about the quad. all in all i think this is what i really want to go to. i would go to a 250r but they are so old. and the cool thing about a shee is even if i get a 93 or something it will pretty much be the same as the 2003. what do you guys think i should do??

going from a 4-stroke to a 2stroke is a a drawback and some area's, and remember you will prolly be replacing/rebuilding ur quad often if u ride like ur supost to ;)

Butters
12-13-2002, 05:49 PM
no i think i will probably just buy a 400ex. for about 3,000 i can get a 2001 thats very nice looking with some aftermarket parts. i have been riding my neighbors 400 and really like it.

Syrus
12-13-2002, 06:02 PM
honda is the best way to go ! just as a reminder :P

Butters
12-13-2002, 06:03 PM
yeah thats why all and all i think the 400ex would actually be better for me. i really love my neighbors 400, so i'm thinking thats the way to go.

OG350
12-13-2002, 11:01 PM
If u take care of your shee u wont have to rebuild the top end for a good 3 years if u change the engine and tranny oil regularly.

buckNbanshee
12-14-2002, 06:52 PM
get a shee there is no reason not too go down to your local yamaha dealer and test ride one you will love the power

Butters
12-15-2002, 03:48 PM
yeah i know what you mean. but the only reason i don't go down there now is cause knowing my luck i would love it and well i'm kinda poor so there really isn't much reason.

One_Bad_400
12-15-2002, 05:43 PM
na, I wouldn't get one thay do not have eany suspention, ground clearance, or no electric start.

Syrus
12-15-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXtreme01
yeah i know what you mean. but the only reason i don't go down there now is cause knowing my luck i would love it and well i'm kinda poor so there really isn't much reason.

What does you being poor have to do with it ? if you can afford to buy a new 400ex, you can buy a shee and save some money i think. Atleast the last time i checked 400ex were more $ then shee's

Butters
12-15-2002, 05:47 PM
well what i meant by this post was to see what maybe in the future i would want to get. and i planned on getting a used 400ex if i did. but like i said i may just say screw it and upgrade my 300.