PDA

View Full Version : 450r nerfs?

dwb_style
09-03-2008, 09:59 PM
whats a good set of nerfs for the price? i been looking at the AC's. they any good?

d3ktrix
09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Rath are by far the best IMO.
The new progrip ProArmors are supposed to be pretty good. But the old ones the heel guards always broke off.

The peg mounts on ACs are known to bend down and break off.
And people always complain they don't fit good.

gcart2
09-04-2008, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Rath are by far the best IMO.
The new progrip ProArmors are supposed to be pretty good. But the old ones the heel guards always broke off.

The peg mounts on ACs are known to bend down and break off.
And people always complain they don't fit good.

hes right....

ac's are tough but its so hard to mount them. rath's are dreamy:p

patrickj75
09-04-2008, 06:16 AM
I've had Rath nerfs on my quads and the fit and finish is flawless. The heelguards are great. You don't even know you have them until you need them.

stoopidbot
09-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
hes right....

ac's are tough but its so hard to mount them. rath's are dreamy:p What on earth makes the AC hard to install? They were easier to put on than the front bumper.

Despite what this ball of knowledge has to say the AC nerfs are very easy to mount. Mine have held up for a year and a half now with no broken welds, no bends, and no broken netting tabs. I will definitely buy AC nerfs for my next quad as well.

stumpleg
09-04-2008, 08:02 AM
IMO all nerfs go on well, but the key is to leave everything loose before you tighten the bolts up. If you dont, this will make it hard for them to go on.

TWISTED
09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by stumpleg
IMO all nerfs go on well, but the key is to leave everything loose before you tighten the bolts up. If you dont, this will make it hard for them to go on.

Not when the front mounts are almost a half inch off.....

Snipe
09-04-2008, 10:27 AM
If that is the case you prob got the wrong set of nerf bars man. As there all measured and bent for specs of the quad there ment for. You might of got a set for a dif quad is why they wouldnt match up.

Scro
09-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Every set of AC propegs I've owned have been about 1/4" off on the front mount. I just thought it was bad batch after the 2nd or 3rd set, but after about the 6th set, it kinda makes me wonder :rolleyes:

I've got another set that will be here today...we will see how it goes.

300ex mxracer
09-04-2008, 11:05 AM
mine were off to and were for the right quad, i called and checked. and after a year they cracked in multiple places and the footpeg mounts bent on both sides. i now have rath and love them. raths are deff. the toughest but are pricy.

Snipe
09-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Your best bet and every ATV fanatic's website is ebay I bought a set off there for $50 with shipping. My bumper only cost me around $40 shipped along with full skid plate kit (except a arms) for $90 by moose.

Just keep your eye open on there and you will get the set you want and it wont cost you a arm and a leg.

mjc597
09-06-2008, 12:17 PM
my 04 has IMS ROLL Design nerfs and i love them. they have the oversized foot pegs...and the black looks awesome!! lol

quad2xtreme
09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
The best setup would be Pro Armor PowerGrip pegs with Rath nerfs...but this won't work.

It is a toss up between the full Pro Armor PowerGrip setup with heelguards and the Rath setup. I've had both. The Rath nerfs are really, really well made and the heel guard nets don't collect nearly as much mud. I ended up switching to Pro Armor because I am 6' 5.5" and the Pro Armor has a lower footpeg height. It is also a very meaty peg with lots of cross-center support where the Rath peg is two strips. Both provide plenty of grip...the Rath's are razor sharp.

d3ktrix
09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
[BThe Rath's are razor sharp. [/B]

Yes they are!

They even drew a lil blood from me :P
I filed my down til they were almost rounded because they will destroying my boots. Still work perfect.

Plus now that they aren't razor sharp anymore I don't feel like my butt will get sliced open if I loose grip while leaning and land on the peg.

06 Honda 450R
09-27-2008, 09:44 PM
get pro armor fatpeg series nerfs they are sweet and match up good with the 450

05specialeditio
09-27-2008, 11:56 PM
i had rath. the installation was really easy and yes the pegs are sharp but i wont buy them agian. the pro peg mount broke on them when landing a jump and destroyed one side and broke the other side too in the front. imo get the ac's. i have always had good luck with them