PDA

View Full Version : going to the dunes (first time)

trx310R#24
09-03-2008, 08:30 PM
well is my r going to be to loud? stock head bord an ported fmf pipes. umm i know they want me to havee somthing in there to stop fire someone told me just to stck somthing in there so when they check there stick hits it. an should i use my 18" mx tires or my 22"

an any other info would be great thanks

mfr422
09-03-2008, 08:37 PM
What dunes are you going to????

wilkin250r
09-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Many dunes fall under BLM land, and you need USFS approved Spark Arrestor in your exhaust. Most common aftermarket exhausts have them.

You say you have a FMF pipe, but what is your actual muffler, the end part? Email the manufacturer, and ask if your particular exhaust has one.

I would go with your 22 inch tires at low pressure, like 2-3 lbs at the most (you might need a special low-pressure guage, the normal automotive kind start at 5 lbs. Any motorcycle store will have one). The idea is to get your tires to float on top of the sand, not dig down through it.

trx310R#24
09-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Many dunes fall under BLM land, and you need USFS approved Spark Arrestor in your exhaust. Most common aftermarket exhausts have them.

You say you have a FMF pipe, but what is your actual muffler, the end part? Email the manufacturer, and ask if your particular exhaust has one.

I would go with your 22 inch tires at low pressure, like 2-3 lbs at the most (you might need a special low-pressure guage, the normal automotive kind start at 5 lbs. Any motorcycle store will have one). The idea is to get your tires to float on top of the sand, not dig down through it.

its the fmf power core an i dont think it has one.

i really dont want to have to buy somthing lol somone told me to put somthing in there so when i come in there an they test it there stick hits it.

kiesta00
09-07-2008, 01:38 PM
If you stick something in there...how are you gonna get it out? take apart your exhaust lol