PDA

View Full Version : DRR questions?

mfr422
09-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Hey guys,
We are looking to buy a pair of drr 90's and have some questions. What mods do you think are necessary for them for part time racers? I realize you can go from stock to full national racer when you buy them, I'm looking for info on what you think gives the most bang for the buck. I already know I want the rear brake mod and tires, wheels, skids,and injector eliminator. How durable are the factory floorboards? We went to an ixcr race two weeks ago and looked at the quads and became sold on the drr's after talking to a few people, most of the drr's there had nerfs, shocks and airfilter relocation kits on them among other things. I don't want to be buying ten things a week after I get them home but I also don't want a fortune in it either, lol. I guess what I'm after is a list of options, it would be nice if the websites listed what is available for these. We will be using these for trail riding and the occasional hare scramble race.

thanks for the help,
future DRR owner, Lonny

Nichols Atvs
09-03-2008, 08:50 PM
If you decide to purchase two thats great . You will be very happy with them . Out of the the box you can race them the next day. you dont need any thing . Safty is what you need to think of first the floor bords are fine for trail riding . Racing I would say get the nerfbars bolt on types and weld on types both are great your perfrence. Alum wheels we use to drop some weight and for a little bling. Injector pump just need to unhook it no expense there. Racing and trail riding are alittle different the intake you get as high as possible then racing we run a filter right off the carb.
Trail riding the stock shocks are fine ,racing the aftermarket shocks will be better but if your not going to race it full time ,really not worth the investment. Skid plate nice for trail riding, racing it adds weight. I said the same thing i dont want to buy things all the time .(YA RIGHT MY WALLET IS OPEN EVERY WEEK TRING TO GET SOMETHING BETTER I NEED TO FIND A MINIQUAD ADDICTIONS PLACE BECAUSE I CANT HELP IT !) Good luck on your purchase a lot of good people on here to help you out. Opions are available through your DRR dealer . You want it they can get it for you.

mfr422
09-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Nichols,
Thanks for the reply, I guess I should have asked, what did you put on it when you bought yours? I have been on Gary's website and there is a lot of stuff available for them I just wanted an idea of what people usually accessorize them when they buy. I am known as the "Tinkerboy" by all my dirt bike friends with my two quads, :D lol!!
I know he needs the airfilter relocator because we spent 20 mins trying to restart his in the creek at the last ixcr race. I will fab up something for that. I also suffer from A.P.D. "Aftermarket Parts Disorder" so I feel your pain, I can't ever leave anything alone!!
Thanks again, Lonny

Logan #34's Dad
09-04-2008, 03:25 AM
suspension first, then engine stuff second. For harescramble racing i recomend atvfourplay as it seems to raise the quad a little. if your a tinkerer then you'll have all kinds of fun with these CVTs.

Rayzer
09-04-2008, 12:03 PM
I have my sons 08 DRR 90cc for sale on craigslist in Richmond VA. I do not know how far away is too far but take a look on the site and see what you think.

JIM GRACE
09-04-2008, 07:45 PM
tranny saver and a kill switch. good luck

brandon's dad #55