PDA

View Full Version : new to this and have a question

dans450r
09-03-2008, 07:03 PM
myu name is dan and i just got a used 06 ltr450 and i just did an oil change after ridin it a few times and i used suzuki synthetic oil.afterwards,the bike just wasnt runnin right and now when i pull the clutch after ridin it, the bike pretty much stays in gear until i hit the brake,and i have a hard time findin nuetral.has anyone had this problem or do u know whats wrong with it.thanks

miller821
09-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Not sure on your situation... Or if oil really affects it or not... But Rotella T is a common oil ran in these, and I haven't had a problem yet with it.

kbrown
09-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Sounds like your clutch needs adjusted. It prolly could use some new plates. I like to run amsoil 20w-50 in both sides of my bike. On the clutch side add 200 extra ml of the lucas oil stabalizer which means you would put 600ml total in that side. This really helps keep down the transmission wine. The rotella is reallly only good if you are gonna change your oil alot like every race or ride.

QUADSQUAD7
09-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by kbrown
Sounds like your clutch needs adjusted. It prolly could use some new plates. I like to run amsoil 20w-50 in both sides of my bike. On the clutch side add 200 extra ml of the lucas oil stabalizer which means you would put 600ml total in that side. This really helps keep down the transmission wine. The rotella is reallly only good if you are gonna change your oil alot like every race or ride.

^+1

dans450r
09-04-2008, 02:18 PM
ok and do u know the exact amount of oil that u put in the quads,and u think i should just get new clutch plates?also are they hard to install

Tanker 440
09-04-2008, 11:40 PM
you may also want to check and see if that suzuki synthetic is wet clutch safe, it may just be motor oil, i know that a lot of people run synthetic and forget that it may not be wet clutch safe. i run Amsoil synthetic 10W-40 Motorcycle oil, its expensive but its the best synthetic, and its wet clutch safe

xtreme 250x
09-05-2008, 10:10 AM
I just visited my suzuki Dealer and they told me they were having people comeplain about AMS oil. They found that the oil is so slippery the clutches slip anybody heard anything about this?

dans450r
09-05-2008, 01:19 PM
i did not know any of that,well if a dealer has heard bad bout amsoil,n rotella is only good for one ride,then what should i run,and ill look into the suzuki oil,are clutch plates hard and is there any place that has them cheap,thanks

xtreme 250x
09-05-2008, 02:24 PM
I used a company out of cali they have a web site motosport.com they were selling plates, fibers and springs for $149 i think and it is very easy with manual theyou just need to make sure the first and last fibers are in the right spot. They are a little thicker, but if you pay attention how it comes out should have no problems.

xtreme 250x
09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Sorry I just went on there web site you can get fibers and plates from hinson for 140. 210 for the hole package

dans450r
09-05-2008, 06:56 PM
what is in the whole package,never worked on a quad before but have knowledge in cars so i thnk ill be fine,thanks

Tanker 440
09-06-2008, 10:47 PM
there is a motorcycle oil synthetic made my amsoil but it isnt wet clutch safe its strictly for the motor, i have 5 buddies that race 450's and thats what they all run, been racin for bout 1 year checked the plates on all of em bout a week ago, the stocks are all still good, just double check on the back of the bottle and it will say its wet clutch safe, but i also know a pro-am rider that runs the same, and he wont change, i bet that they had the regular motor oil

LTandRaptorider
09-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by dans450r
what is in the whole package,never worked on a quad before but have knowledge in cars so i thnk ill be fine,thanks

The whole package should consist of fiber plates, steel plates and springs.

dans450r
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
ok thanks everyone,and one more question,if its amsoil isnt safe,then y use it?and isnt the trans and motor all in one on these bikes,because thats whats i was told,thanks