PDA

View Full Version : Its a sad day!!!

jrsmith_80
09-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Well I bought a 99 400 about the middle of July and then after riding her three times I tore my ACL in my right knee. Well I had it advertised just for the hell of it and someone decided that they would like to buy it. The guy came and looked at it today and is bringing my money tommorrow. I think this is the first time I have ever sold something and not really wanted it to go. Oh well, maybe in a couple of months when the ole knee gets better I will be able to get another one. I will still be hangin out here a little bit to keep up to date.

Ruby Soho
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
that days coming for me very soon

but i need a truck so...

least i still got my 110:p

blaaze416
09-03-2008, 03:42 PM
i sympathize, man. i just shattered my clavicle/collarbone....almost came through the skin. not gonna be ridin for a while either....:ermm: .
why are you selling it if you plan on getting another when you're better? why not just keep it? at least you can hobble out to the garage and start it up....maybe even rev it a few times...like i do :D . i can still fantasize, darn it!!

jrsmith_80
09-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by blaaze416
i sympathize, man. i just shattered my clavicle/collarbone....almost came through the skin. not gonna be ridin for a while either....:ermm: .
why are you selling it if you plan on getting another when you're better? why not just keep it? at least you can hobble out to the garage and start it up....maybe even rev it a few times...like i do :D . i can still fantasize, darn it!!

The main reasson I am selling is because I am going to get back all the money that I have in it. I will just save the money and then hopefully buy a nicer one in a few months.

blaaze416
09-03-2008, 03:57 PM
yup..money sucks! most of mine goes right into the 400. Although, if my collarbone won't heal and i need surgery....i may be sitting in that same boat wit ya........no insurance...:eek: !!

blazinlegg
09-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Did all of you guys get hurt riding?
I bruised my coccyx pretty bad, soaring over my 400ex's handlebars off of aj ump that felt like a brick wall. I only had it for 3 weeks. Anyway I'm almost fully recovered and thinking bout riding today it's been 5 weeks.

jrsmith_80
09-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by blazinlegg
I bruised my coccyx pretty bad, soaring over my 400ex's handlebars off of aj ump that felt like a brick wall. I only had it for 3 weeks. Anyway I'm almost fully recovered and thinking bout riding today it's been 5 weeks.

I tore my knee up climbing telephone poles at work. So the answer to your question is no, I did not get hurt on the 400.

blaaze416
09-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by blazinlegg

unfortunately, yes. got tossed over the bars when i hit a stump. i saw it coming out of a dusty corner at the last second. I hit the stump, then launched myself over the quad trying to keep the quad from flipping over on me. it worked...but not quite how i wanted. the quad suffered a bent stem, as it did slowly roll over onto its top. i was tossed a good 15 ft. Had i not been wearing my helmet...i know i'd have knocked myself clean out...if not worse. there's a big scuff just above and behind where my left ear is on the helmet. heck, my helmet may have broken my collarbone upon impact! better my collarbone than my headbone!!

bobkunkle
09-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Sorry to hear that. I have a 2005 400EX that I got in August 2007 and I tore my ACL in my right knee over Thanksgiving 2007 while jumping into a pickup bed, nowhere near my quad. I have been riding ever since and have ACL reconstruction scheduled for Sept 15. I am going to miss riding for 6-9 months, but should be good to go by next summer.

jrsmith_80
09-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Well the guy came by today and picked up the 4 wheeler. I was sad to see it go but oh well. I guess I will just have to start looking for a replacement.

250x_kyle
09-04-2008, 07:46 PM
i have other things i need but the 450rs always goign to have a place in the grage. its not going anytime soon.

blaaze416
09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
i have other things i need but the 450rs always goign to have a place in the grage. its not going anytime soon.

come to think of it...i have a little room in my garage for a 450r, too! the 416 may or may not happen........

sorry to hear your 400 is gone, jr. that sux......

krt400ex
09-04-2008, 08:16 PM
im finally goping riding sunday after being out for two weeks from stitches in my tongue lol. i got nailed in the chin from the bars on my bike and teeth went through my tongue...ouch

blaaze416
09-04-2008, 08:34 PM
that made my eyes water and nose run just thinking about it! keep your mouth closed this time!!! j/k.

krt400ex
09-05-2008, 07:25 AM
hahaa, i had to ride about 1.5 miles to get to my buddies house...and i was like in shock. my ears were ringing, my head was light and i was dizzy, and my whole body went totally numb.

so i get there, and we are sitting behind his trailers, and his girlfriend was coming over cuz he and her were gonna come and ride with us. i havent met the girl yet, but he told me that she was on vaca. so im sitting there looking at the ground with my mouth open and blood and saliva pouring out everywhere...and she walks around the trailer. lol, i was like "hi, how was your vacation"...lmao. she gave me the funniest look i have ever seen in my life...my buddies were laughing. lol...i just thought i had better leave a good impression is all :blah:

half of my tongue is still numb cuz i cut a nerve or something and i am still talking with a slight lisp. it is annoying.

blaaze416
09-05-2008, 03:08 PM
that's freaking hillarious!! i can see the whole thing! sucks you can't feel your tongue though....hope you get that workin again (i bet your girl does too!). have fun riding and take a lap for me.

krt400ex
09-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by blaaze416
that's freaking hillarious!! i can see the whole thing! sucks you can't feel your tongue though....hope you get that workin again (i bet your girl does too!). have fun riding and take a lap for me.

haha, im lucky cuz i dont have a g/f atm. i would feel real handicapped if that were the case :devil: :devil:

bobkunkle
09-16-2008, 10:22 PM
I had ACL Reconstruction Yesterday at 8:30am. The femerol block is finally wearing off and it is really sore. Feels like the worst bruise I have ever had and someone is standing on it. I am adjusting my meds. I am trying Vicoden instead of Percocet. So far so good. Definitely do need the crutches.

blaaze416
09-16-2008, 11:16 PM
that sux man....i've crapped out my left knee twice playing soccer. once with surgery, the second.....notso much! it's fine now though....8 months after i did it the last time. as for my collarbone, i'm pretty sure it's starting to heal up. need to get a follow up x-ray now. good luck with the acl. if it's anything like my knee surgery....you're crying without your meds for the first 5 days! ante up now!!!!!

bobkunkle
12-15-2008, 07:31 AM
Doing well since surgery. I was riding about 6 weeks post-op. I only trail ride while wearing my functional knee brace for about an hour each weekend. I just finished my 8 weeks of PT and have moved onto the gym. I am happy I had the surgery done, the knee feels stable again.

scuzz
12-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
im finally goping riding sunday after being out for two weeks from stitches in my tongue lol. i got nailed in the chin from the bars on my bike and teeth went through my tongue...ouch

You can't even tell by the way you're talking now.

LOL!

adawg89
12-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Not to sound mean or anything but from personal experience I don't let anyone see the stuff I sell like cars or dirtbike and atv without having money in hand when I sold my crf 250r couple of years ago some guy came by to take a look at it and said he would bring money the next day and later that night he was trying to break into my shed to get the bike and I got him on video breaking into my shed then I called the cops and he is in jail now. :D