PDA

View Full Version : No juice when key is turned on...

mikeman828
11-10-2001, 06:51 PM
Hey guys, need some big-time help here...

My 300 EX won't even breathe any signs of life when I turn the key switch to try to just turn my light on!!!

I have : Had my battery checked by the local lawnmower shop (it's fine), checked my starter relay, checked fuses under the seat, checked all wiring per the Clymer shop manual for all the handlebar switches, checked all the wiring going to the Regulator/rectifier, checked wiring to the ICM, checked wiring to the Reverse Inhibit module, checked ignition coil, checked every possible wiring issue I can think of....... Anybody have any thoughts.

When I turn the key switch on, nothing happens (my headlight doesn't even light!!)

What could cause this to happen????? Anyone had a bad neutral switch on their machine? Would that cause this mess???

Thanks.... :confused:

kc 300EX
11-10-2001, 10:09 PM
maybe there is something wrong with the actual ignition?? Like where the key goes..................try just hot wiring it(plugging those 2 wire together) and see if it will do anything?

Red Rooster
11-11-2001, 05:20 AM
like KC said try bypassing your ignition switch by unpluging the switch and pluging the wires to geather.