PDA

View Full Version : what is with white smoke?!?!

450raider
09-03-2008, 10:33 AM
now what would cause my 06 ex to be spitting out white smoke when you gas it :confused: ive had no problems out of this thing for the 2 1/2 years ive had it and now problems seem to be coming all at once from ticking to smoking to who knows what next.... now the best way to describe this issue is that it just started smoking yesterday while my brother was out on it and its a jet white color so does anyone know a way around this???

any help appreciated

09-03-2008, 08:41 PM
could be overheating check your oil, if its dirty change it, if its low fill it up, if that isnt the case you probally need a higher weight. just my guess though from seeing 3 quads do that from overheating on low oil levels. could also be water in the gas

m.h.s.c.#527
09-05-2008, 04:48 PM
white is burning oil

Conman007
10-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Could need new gaskets, the oil could be getting in the pistons and causing damage. That has happened to my neighbors four wheeler.

hellshot00
01-26-2009, 01:40 PM
well if its ticking it may be your rings possibly burnt out causing your cylinder to bounce back and forth and causing oil to go up through and burn

86250rrider
01-26-2009, 04:19 PM
if it smokes mostly after sitting-valve seals. if its when riding -rings. the noise your desribing would tell me the valve guides are shot,and the seals are now leaking. plus the valves are in need of adjustment. but the smoking problem needs to be addressed first. i would do a compression test immediately to find the source of your problem.;)