PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familar with S10 blazers??

elite ATV1
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
i got a 91 s10 blazer and im having issues with the digi dash. if you drive 15 continuously miles the speedo starts to work but if u stop u gotta start all over again, i just replaced the speedo sensor in the transfer case....so whats the problem?? everything else in the dash works correctly

09-02-2008, 09:43 PM
the problem is that it's an s10 blazer. The day I got rid of mine, was the best day ever.

Mxjunkie
09-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
the problem is that it's an s10 blazer. The day I got rid of mine, was the best day ever.

They aren't bad at all.

a lot of times,you can just go over the MB, power supply and the green board with a soldering iron. just re soldering ALL the old cracked connections if that's the problem yours has, the digital dashes weren't one of chevys better ideas .resolder (on the green display board) all the points where the VFD glass displays connect to the board. on the blue back board, resolder AT LEAST the 10 pins that go to the little yellow power supply board made by TDK. Sometimes parts the the power supply have cold solder joints too, and your best bet is to take off the power supply board and resolder EVERYTHING on it and be sure not to short anything out because some of the connections are pretty close together. If that doesn't work, resolder all the parts on the blue backboard

B1 [pink with white strip] and B4 [orange] are your positive leads.

A9 [black] and B7 [black] are your grounds.

Digital Dash Solutions (I think they are in Connecticut) will replace those digital Dash units for $125. I think they mostly deal on eBay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ100...shQ5fsolutions
Comes with a 1 year warranty and a $100 core charge if you don't have a used one to swap.

hardtrailz400
09-03-2008, 05:50 AM
I have owned 4 s10 blazers and love them, but have never had the digital dash.

My friend did and he got the replacement one off ebay and it solved a lot of problems for him.

good luck

elite ATV1
09-03-2008, 07:39 PM
ok thanks for your help im going to pick upa new digital dash this weekend.

Mxjunkie
09-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by elite ATV1
ok thanks for your help im going to pick upa new digital dash this weekend.

Careful where you get it from, try and test it before buying if possible, that's if your going with the local yard way.. the digital dashes are a hit or miss thing due to the high volume of faulty units and most junk yards charge an arm and a leg for the whole system. :chinese:

09-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
They aren't bad at all.

True, it just wasnt a small, good handling car. I still miss it sometimes...Like being able to go beat on it on the woods.