PDA

View Full Version : clutch torque specs

450rdr424
09-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Need torque specs for a 06 450 on the clutch springs and also on the clutch cover. Also correct me if i am wrong but the last friction plate is turned to fit in the outer slots of the clutch basket where as the rest of the frictions slide into the basket.?.?.?

450rdr424
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
thanks for the info, one more ? i had to replace the seal where the lever that is attached to the clutch cable goes into case, before i took it apart it moved up and down which i why i think it was leaking a bit of oil, after reassembling the lever still moves up and down in the case, anyone else have this happen, i have checked on three other 450s and none of them move.....????

450rdr424
09-03-2008, 08:10 PM
i think the shaft can only fit one way, it might be worn both parts might be worn, but didnt really look it. talked to a guy that has had many 450s apart and said it wont hurt anything just leak a little oil. i am more worried about water getting down in it when i wash it....oh well if it gets me through the next 4 races then it will be someone elses problem....