PDA

View Full Version : severe bogging right before the rev limiter

400ex00
12-08-2002, 04:40 PM
i just got done installing my 11:1 std bore piston and my stage 1 hotcams. my bike already had a stage 2 jet kit and a white bros
slip on exhaust, k@n air filter, and a 14 tooth front sprocket. i also added 3 more discs into my exhaust. the problem im having is that right before (maybe 1000 rpms) the motor should be going into the rev limiter it just bogs and doesnt gain anymore rpms. it runs great and real strong until then. the plug does not show any signs of a lean condition. im not running an airbox lid. is the motor out of time or is the jetting off. could the valves possible be floating out. should i remove the discs from my exhaust. i tried putting the air box lid back on but it just started tring to flood out. this is driving me nuts. please someone help. if you think its the jetting what jets should i be running and i will change them to see if it helps

sharpshooter
12-08-2002, 04:55 PM
what size main jet are you running now?

400ex00
12-08-2002, 05:08 PM
not sure the jetting was already done when i got it. all he told me was that it had a stage 2 jet kit

cals400ex
12-08-2002, 05:47 PM
mine was also running like crap and all i needed was a valve adjustment. also, what color is the plug?

2fastandfurious
12-08-2002, 07:59 PM
Well the problem you describing i had one a old quad. A 95 trail boss. It did that same thing. It had a hot seat kit but was the biggest piece of crap to touch my driveway. ANYWAY, it did that same thing. Boged right before. I sold it. I think it was a carb problem!
-Ben:confused: :confused:

Extremeracer167
12-08-2002, 08:07 PM
adjust your valves to specs of the cam. It will alleviate your problem. ANd make sure they arent sticking