PDA

View Full Version : Replacement bushing for Elka shocks???

leasureryan
09-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Where do I find replacement bushings for a set of Elks triple rates. I have looked on thier site...ebay, everywhere....can't find them. Anyone have any ideas, or know of a matching fit replacement???

leasureryan
09-03-2008, 12:58 PM
as I figured.....no wonder this guy sold them to me. Said they were in good working condition...however....I don't call both bottom bushings "in good working condition". I call that sit in corner until resold on ebay, or spend even more money getting them fixed, which by the time that hapens...I could have lowered, revalved, and resprung my 450R shocks....or bought a brand new pair.

Thanks guy!!!

AZ440ex
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
That sucks man. I got a rear shock off ebay "in good working order" with a bent shaft!!

I would try calling elka. They might not be that bad to replace. That is the good thing about high end shocks, you can usually get the individual parts. You may also try K&K ATV or someone who builds suspension

09-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by AZ440ex
That sucks man. I got a rear shock off ebay "in good working order" with a bent shaft!!

I would try calling elka. They might not be that bad to replace. That is the good thing about high end shocks, you can usually get the individual parts. You may also try K&K ATV or someone who builds suspension

thats one thing i fear is bending a shock shaft if you hit something with your a-arm. but if they are replaceable i dont care. can the 450r front shock shafts be replaced?

AZ440ex
09-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
thats one thing i fear is bending a shock shaft if you hit something with your a-arm. but if they are replaceable i dont care. can the 450r front shock shafts be replaced?

I think all shafts can be replaced, not sure on the $$$. I know one of our local suspension guys said he could change out the shaft on the shock but it turned out sending them back to Axis was cheaper, I think mine was 90 bucks or so.

I think it's pretty hard to bend them, the only way I really know to bend a rear shock shaft is to have the compression clickers on the rezzi between two clicks, the fluid can't move and binds up the shock.