PDA

View Full Version : SF Racing PEP rear shock rebuild

outacontrol
09-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I saw on Sf's site they offer a rear ltr rebuild where they put pep valves and shims in the shock, the service costs $350. They also put no aftermarket shock is better with this installed. Just wondered how good it really is, and if anyone has done this. I have ran full PEPs in the past and liked them, but never a "rebuild" from them.

PEP REAR SHOCK MODS

We modify the stock O.E.M. shock to fit the rider's needs. The pistons and shafts are modified to accept P.E.P. valving shims which are proven to be the finest quality material for shim type shock applications. Heat has minimal effect on these shims and when combined with our stacking and piston mods the ride is compliant and plush. No aftermarket shock is better. The O.E.M. shocks for the factory racing team efforts of Honda (Desert 3 & 4 Wheelers), Suzuki ATV racing team and R & D for production use, Kawasaki (3 & 4 Wheeler Closed Course MX) and Yamaha for score desert events. This fact speaks for itself as to how well the stock shocks can be made to work.

MOST SPORT MODELS $350.00 COMPLETE WITH SPRING, SERVICE, AND VALVING. QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL.

exrider49
09-02-2008, 06:52 PM
i had this done to my stock 400ex rear shock but i got mine from baldwin motorsports, price was the same too...i was really pleased with it, it soaked up some rough stuff and make my elka front shocks feel like chit

KingpinsEx
09-21-2008, 03:35 PM
I wonder if you get more travel with this mod and a lower ride height...

kbrown
09-22-2008, 04:36 PM
ya it should allow for a little more travel also a lower rider height