PDA

View Full Version : funny story

Ruby Soho
09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
i really feel like an idiot, but can't help but laugh at myself:p

so i made the big mistake of testing out my ktm forks on my 110. i was anxious, and i rode it around with the fork legs only bolted in the top tripple (the bottom is getting machined) and i threw it together and forgot to tighten down the nut that holds the top clamp on to the stem. and well, i was putting around the yard and bam! the front end comes clear off! the nut i forgot to tighten is missing.. you fill in the blanks :devil:

now i need a new throttle cable, a new nut and some band aids :D . but everything else is pretty much fine

anyone else do something stupid like that?

ZeroLogic
09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
No, but when I was putting my bike back together I was thinking "man what if I forgot to tighten the nuts to clamp down the forks? That would suck!":blah:

Hondamaster5505
09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Haha, I was riding my dad's employee's banshee around the shop parking lot one day.

Well, he never does anything right so his shee is a basketcase. He didn't tighten the one rear hub nut. So I was riding around, and all of a sudden, I was nailing a 3rd gear powerslide and the left inside tire came off:p

Haha. I didn't get hurt though.

Pipeless416
09-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Haha, I was riding my dad's employee's banshee around the shop parking lot one day.

Well, he never does anything right so his shee is a basketcase. He didn't tighten the one rear hub nut. So I was riding around, and all of a sudden, I was nailing a 3rd gear powerslide and the left inside tire came off:p

thats just because its a yamaha.. haha jk. :devil: i had to with that other thread in the 400 section...

Hondamaster5505
09-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
thats just because its a yamaha.. haha jk. :devil: i had to with that other thread in the 400 section...

lol

TRX_450
09-02-2008, 03:37 PM
and the left inside tire came off:p

since when do shees have inside tires? :huh

Hondamaster5505
09-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
since when do shees have inside tires? :huh

By inside I mean the left side. When your powersliding to the right, the left is considered on the inside of the slide.

If you understand what im saying. Basically the left rear tire.

97blaster200
09-02-2008, 03:46 PM

no you werent...you are a tool.

Hondamaster5505
09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by 97blaster200
no you werent...you are a tool.

wtf is your problem and what are you talking about? Slow is a tool.

Dont get your panties in a bunch.:macho

Hondamaster5505
09-02-2008, 03:56 PM
BTW, the shee im talking about is the blue one. He never takes care of it and lately it's been sitting in pieces in my dads shop. Im on the blaster in the back.

EDIT: the shee on the very left is the one

ZeroLogic
09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
What in the hell is that sittin on that shee?:huh

97blaster200
09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
wtf is your problem and what are you talking about? Slow is a tool.

Dont get your panties in a bunch.:macho

you are definetly worse then slow. no question about it.

Hondamaster5505
09-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
What in the hell is that sittin on that shee?:huh

That too, he's a lazy sob. He can pack down a box of little debbies in seconds.

Hondamaster5505
09-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 97blaster200
you are definetly worse then slow. no question about it.

:o :o

It's obvious you're going through that special time of the month, so good luck with that.

Whats so hard to believe that it happened? Everyone crashes, and if you never crash you arent riding hard enough. It happens to everyone at some point.

REDRIDDER
09-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
What in the hell is that sittin on that shee?:huh I swear I always see the fattest people riding Banshee's no lie lmao, no offense Hondamaster5505.

Hondamaster5505
09-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
I swear I always see the fattest people riding Banshee's no lie lmao, no offense Hondamaster5505.

He's really the only fat one i see riding a banshee. Whenever im up there, it's either older thin guys in their 40's or skinny teenagers that weigh 100lbs wet with their gf's on back.

REDRIDDER
09-02-2008, 04:07 PM
I can name 4 guys up here that have Banshee's and their all of about 4hundred pounds a piece,and they think cause their on shees that their fast lol.

09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
my brother after a rebuild and a late night (11:30PM) breakin test run and stuff. Plastics he duct taped ontot he tank so they wouldnt fall off, he didnt bolt down the gas tank and he just slipped his exhaust onto the header lol. so we get onto this long road where nobody lives we pull the quad off. It wont start so we have to pull start it. He holds onto a chain puts the quad in 2nd holding in the clutch as the trucks doing about 15mph and dumps it. it starts and studders and he passes me. I stop the truck and turn around. After a few passes back and forth on this dead end he decides to haul ***. All i could do was watch and follow him in the truck, he nails the gas i see his exhaust wobbling and it shoots off and just skids down the road behind him. lol yeah its got some bangs and scrapes on it. another late nighter rebuild its dark out of course and we both take the quads i had to try out my new timing key :) so we start drag racing down this bike path and i'm pulling ahead and i dont hear my brother shfting he just lets off. i just stop turn around he lost his shifter. rofl he just stuck it on there and didnt screw the thing to clamp it. we found it after a while of searching. i love late night rebuild when you get it together and go out late to cruise and stuff. we did that at 1:30AM before rippin down the powerlines and dragging up this dune. those were the days

exrider272
09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
haha.. talking about things fallin off and losin... about 3 weeks ago. i put new tires on my 426 so the next morning i get up and decide im goin to ride up to the local quad shop. and i get goin and it takes about 10 min to get there i ride the trails up to where i gota get on this back road. and im bookin 5th gear wide open and theres this turn i start to go into it and somthin lets loose back there. i look back and i c i tire bouncing down over the curb and a inbankment coming. so i lock the brakes up ( only 3 wheels 2 front and 1 back) and i hit the inbankment HARD bent my lsr stem, broke my clutch and brake lever, broke all my plastic, bent my sub frame, and had to go over the hill and find my tire haha...but the quad got the worst of it thank god. and i was fine. so i just called my brother-in-law up that works at the shop that i was goin to. cuz i was 2min away. and he took me up there and at lunch he took me home... so know on ill proble be takin the rhino. its safer.hahah

redrider91
09-02-2008, 07:36 PM
im gonna have to say its never good when your rear tire passes you

kawiefan
09-03-2008, 06:37 PM
He's really the only fat one i see riding a banshee. Look who's talking. :macho

09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by kawiefan
Look who's talking. :macho

Hey, im down to 215 from going to the gym. And im not THAT fat. Im still pretty active and way healthier then most FAT fat kids. Like theres some that just buldge and jiggle, and walk slow as hell.

Im also 6' tall. So being big-boned 6' tall 215lbs, im not really THAT fat. im not saying im skinny, but not majorly huge.

extremeblastr
09-03-2008, 09:39 PM
dude when was the last time you looked at the pictures you post on here????