PDA

View Full Version : Welcome our newest sponsors!!!

Pappy
09-02-2008, 11:36 AM
We have been busy looking for ways to bring in outside sponsorship for the site that will help everyone in our sport.

Please welcome Gander Mountain and Pizza Hut!!!

Two big sponsors that have taken steps to help support us and the sport of ATV'ing!!!

Quad18star
09-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Time to wear the ATVRiders.com t-shirt to Pizza Hut and ask for Stuffed Crust meat mountain!!!:devil:

Welcome aboard !!!!!

chris46250r
09-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Welcome and THANKS! I can say that I used both of thier services this weekend.

Scro
09-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Sweet! It's good to see non-atv related sponsors. Now if we can get Pizza Hut to match the 10% discount that C&D offers, I'll be in business.;)

user101
09-02-2008, 01:26 PM
who or what is Gander Mountain?

Pappy
09-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by user101
who or what is Gander Mountain?

Gander Mountain is a retailer who sells sporting goods. Hunting,fishing,trapping,firearms,archery,boating and more.

Pappy
09-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
Haha wow I never heard of this 10% discount C&D offers. They tried charing me $50 more then east coast wanted for my a arms and brake lines.

Different prices are often indictitive of volume and can be higher or lower by dealer. This goes for many many aftermarket parts and how the particuliar dealer is supplied.

09-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
Haha wow I never heard of this 10% discount C&D offers. They tried charing me $50 more then east coast wanted for my a arms and brake lines.

yeah i dont think its actually there. I once sent an email and asked about prices for parts then i mentioned being amember on ATVriders and they advertised a 10% discount and they said its already in the prices they gave me which didnt make sense because they gave me the price before i mentioned about being a member. oh well still good people to deal with. pizzahut mmm can we get a discount on that? lol

ZeroLogic
09-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Nice! Man the site grew so much the passed few years. Congrats! Do we all get discounts?!:blah: :macho

rollie
09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Thats awesome!! im going to pizza hut now just because they support our sport:cool:

Pappy
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Nice! Man the site grew so much the passed few years. Congrats! Do we all get discounts?!:blah: :macho

Just a geuss, but I doubt they wont offer anything beyond their national discounts. It will help the site if you click their banner and print off the coupon's however!

I know I just applied for a Gander Mountain CC, they offer 10% off the initial purchase, plus 5% I think back on every in store purchase. The wife doesnt like GM...due to how much I spend there:chinese: :devil:

ZeroLogic
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Just a geuss, but I doubt they wont offer anything beyond their national discounts. It will help the site if you click their banner and print off the coupon's however!

I know I just applied for a Gander Mountain CC, they offer 10% off the initial purchase, plus 5% I think back on every in store purchase. The wife doesnt like GM...due to how much I spend there:chinese: :devil:

Can you get Best Buy to sponser us so I can get a printer?:p I saw that CC offer they had. Looks like a killer deal if ya shop there a lot. I'm more of a Cabelas guy.:p

Pappy
09-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Cabelas is sweet. The closest one to me is 3 hours away so i dont frequent it but we do plan to go there. I have 2 Ganders within an hour so they get the bulk of my business. You really have to watch the sales flyers on alot of these big chains and look for the coupons, sometimes (and if you can hold off for the sales) you can really save some coin.

Quad18star
09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I didn't know what Gander Mountain was either , until you said what it is. I usually order through Cabela's , but it all comes from the USA ( No Cabela's in Canada :( ) ... so needless to say if GM will ship to Canada , they'll get some of my business.

Pappy
09-02-2008, 03:35 PM
I could be wrong, but I dont think GM does mail order.

Quad18star
09-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I could be wrong, but I dont think GM does mail order.

Darn !!!! I kight have to forward you some $$ to pick up a few things and send them out then. :p ;)

ZeroLogic
09-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Cabelas is sweet. The closest one to me is 3 hours away so i dont frequent it but we do plan to go there. I have 2 Ganders within an hour so they get the bulk of my business. You really have to watch the sales flyers on alot of these big chains and look for the coupons, sometimes (and if you can hold off for the sales) you can really save some coin.

Same up here. Its like three and a half hours away. In Harrisburg, they have huge gun and knife shows. So my dad and I go up there and we go to Cabelas too.:p You ever eat there? They sure do got some good food!

Pappy
09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Wheeling WV is the one I will go to. From what im told, many go there not to shop, but to see the different things that have set up and to the special events they offer. Ive been to the Bass pro shops a few times, but they wree priced a bit high for my wallet. It was still cool to see all the things they offer.

Quad18star
09-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Bass Pro is pretty sweet ... we've got one about 4 hrs from here and they've got a ton of stuff. Lots of nice stuff ... but I found it quite pricey. I could actually get the same fishing tackle at WalMart usually for a few dollars cheaper than what BP was priced at.

Still pretty nice to walk in and see the decor.

09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm Pizza HUT!

ZeroLogic
09-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Wheeling WV is the one I will go to. From what im told, many go there not to shop, but to see the different things that have set up and to the special events they offer. Ive been to the Bass pro shops a few times, but they wree priced a bit high for my wallet. It was still cool to see all the things they offer.

Yea, the thing they have set up are amazing. Really neat to look at. I could spend a whole day in that store just looking at all the stuff they got set up! Bass pro shop ain't bad but like you said, they are over priced. But man, they do got a lot of stuff!:p I wait until winter to restock my lures. Prices go way way down for bass and trout supplies.:macho

Pappy
09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Same here...wally world will mark down everything to pennies on teh dollar now that hunting season is here and we will fill our tackle boxes.

I do the same come spring, especially right after christmas. Anything hunting related they have left is rock bottom priced.

03warriorrider
09-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Bass Pro is pretty sweet ... we've got one about 4 hrs from here and they've got a ton of stuff. Lots of nice stuff ... but I found it quite pricey. I could actually get the same fishing tackle at WalMart usually for a few dollars cheaper than what BP was priced at.

Still pretty nice to walk in and see the decor.

The Bass Pro Shop can be dangerous. I have one about a half hour from my house so when its crappy outside or im just bored ill go walk around the place looking for something new. Seems like everytime I go there I never leave empty handed haha.

honda300EXtreme
09-02-2008, 06:11 PM
pizza and sporting goods, the best combination in a long time :p

i have the best of both worlds around me, gander mountain is about 40 mins away and cabelas is just on dallas pike in WV, not a far drive at all

there aquarium displays are unreal, id love to have a few of them trout on my wall

gander mountain is a nice place, with fair prices, ours sells quads but latly there hasnt been any, i was hoping to see a ds450 there, since ours sell can-am

ZeroLogic
09-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Same here...wally world will mark down everything to pennies on teh dollar now that hunting season is here and we will fill our tackle boxes.

I do the same come spring, especially right after christmas. Anything hunting related they have left is rock bottom priced.

Everything but the rifles drops.:ermm: :p

ZeroLogic
09-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by honda300EXtreme
gander mountain is a nice place, with fair prices, ours sells quads but latly there hasnt been any, i was hoping to see a ds450 there, since ours sell can-am

The one upstate from me has all the new caned hams.:macho

Pappy
09-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Everything but the rifles drops.:ermm: :p

No doubt, I want a Browning Citiori Feather Light in teh worst way, I just dont have the $2500 to pick it up:p

Quad18star
09-02-2008, 06:39 PM
No doubt, I want a Browning Citiori Feather Light in teh worst way, I just dont have the $2500 to pick it up:p

Book yourself a weekend do to a photoshoot at a wedding and Whammm ... new rifle for Kenny !!!! :p

By the way ... I've been meaning to ask ... have you done any other fishing lately? Anymore walleye? The good season is fast approaching. :devil: I love the fall ... I can combine hunting and fishing all together. :D

Pappy
09-02-2008, 06:42 PM
We havent been out in almost 2 weeks, mainly due to the kids starting back to school. The wife and I are going out in the morning after the last rugrat is put on the bus just to get out for a few hours. We to are waiting for a bit cooler weather for the big ones to start biting!

We did have some catfish and walleye for supper tonight tho:D

Quad18star
09-02-2008, 06:48 PM
I might head out this weekend. I talked to my old man and he said he and another guy went out for a few hours this morning to a little lake they found and caught over 70 pike. They kept their limit of 6 each ... largest was about 7lbs. He told me the walleye are starting to bite up in his end ... he landed a 5lbs the other day ... so I gotta go wet the line.

A few more weeks and partridge season opens up ... gotta get the little gun all cleaned up. :p Moose opens in a month ... so I gotta get the big gun cleaned up .... she hasn't been fired in a few years. :(

Have you found a way to clean walleye so that there's no bones in it? Let me know if you didn't.

ZeroLogic
09-02-2008, 06:54 PM

How do ya like the Brownings? Don't one of your sons got the A bolt? Hows that shoot? I brought a Kimber M84 in .308 last year and finally shot it a few weeks ago. Man its dead on but the fireing pin is so touchy. I was hitting 1 inch circles at two hundread yards dear on every shot.:macho

Pappy
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
The wife handled all teh fish cleaning and stuff, i did not find any bones so I reckon she has it under control:p

Dove season started monday here, I got a ground hog:chinese:

Bow season in MD starts mid september and mid oct in WV and im ready

They are offering a bear season this month in certain counties...still waiting on some invites because i dont knwo nuttin bout trackin down a bear. Im not listening to my buddy who suggested covering myself in syrup and walking through the woods:ermm: :devil:

Pappy
09-02-2008, 06:59 PM
How do ya like the Brownings? Don't one of your sons got the A bolt? Hows that shoot? I brought a Kimber M84 in .308 last year and finally shot it a few weeks ago. Man its dead on but the fireing pin is so touchy. I was hitting 1 inch circles at two hundread yards dear on every shot.:macho

Cody used an A-bolt in 243 for the past several years. Its was plenty accurate but I cant stand them. Just personal taste, nothing wrong with them, im just a remington man:p he now shoots a model 7 in 7mm08 and i just bought a new 700 in 308, the VTR model.

honda300EXtreme
09-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Im not listening to my buddy who suggested covering myself in syrup and walking through the woods:ermm: :devil:

may not get no bears but whoooo! what a rush!

ZeroLogic
09-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Cody used an A-bolt in 243 for the past several years. Its was plenty accurate but I cant stand them. Just personal taste, nothing wrong with them, im just a remington man:p he now shoots a model 7 in 7mm08 and i just bought a new 700 in 308, the VTR model.

I'd hate to site in the Model 7. Must kick like a motha.

Pappy
09-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Shoots like a champ and has very mild recoil

Quad18star
09-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Bear hunting is easy ........ get a bunch of old meat ... syrup .... rotten whatever and throw it all in a pail . Hang it in the woods. Do this for a few weeks before opening day and the bears will just keep comming back day after day. Once opening day comes around ... you sit there with your rifle and pick off the bear. If you google Bear Baiting , it'll give you more specifics. :p

Give me more notice next year and you're more than welcome to come pick off a few bears . The season opened in late August around here ... and there's more bears than you can imagine... especially since they cancelled our spring hunt a few years back.

I'm not too fond of Bear meat ..... it's a very tough meat and doesn't taste the best. If you can get away with it , without getting caught ... gall bladders from bears sell for HUGE money in China Towns . They apparently use it for ancient receipes. Very illegal though. My mom's uncle got busted a few years back .... they took everything he owned and was thrown in jail for a year. :huh

Pappy
09-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Baiting bears in WV is illegal, we dont have the bear population to support that type of hunting.

troyleepred719
09-03-2008, 03:06 AM
I have a Gander MT 5 mins away, a Cabelas 35 mins away, and a 30Dicks 10 minutes Away :) Matter of Fact, I just bought a .308, 7 ot 8, and SA .45 from Gander...