PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust collector

Bill Lemans
09-02-2008, 10:23 AM
What's everyone using to seal the pipe (i'm using a Hetrick) where it goes into the collector. It slips on fine and seems like it has a good seal but it's leaking and getting hot quick.
It's not the round exhaust gasket that goes between the collector and the cylinder. It's bubbling between the pipe and collector.(flange)
Would a high temp sealer do ?

Bill

09-02-2008, 10:51 AM
you can buy a gasket for the exhaust for a couple dollars.not a collar that fits between the header and cylinder. its a actual gasket. i have never tried to use high temp sealer but if you put it on put minamal on to much could not give you your 28 mm exhaust hole for best flow. i dont know why it would be bubbling and make it over heat. help i dont know.

Bill Lemans
09-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Is everyones welded? Mine came in 3 pcs

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzdhbj0md0z

WOLFPACK
09-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Generally no one uses additional sealer there. It will leak some but shouldn't be enough to be a problem. If you had to you could wrap the pipe in ceramic tape which will reduce the heat output. The tape is available through most dealers. If you have a problem finding it call Rob at (219)322-9669.

Bill Lemans
09-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Heh, my first thought was muffler tape:)

After a little more inspecting , it looks like the end of the pipe is bell mouthed and outta round. Needs new springs , I think. My little guy said he could here some knocking here and there, so my guess is maybe the header pipe was banging between the collecter and the frame.So i'll trim it up and get new springs.

Thanx for the input. We weld em' up on sleds, so I had to ask :D

09-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lemans
Heh, my first thought was muffler tape:)

After a little more inspecting , it looks like the end of the pipe is bell mouthed and outta round. Needs new springs , I think. My little guy said he could here some knocking here and there, so my guess is maybe the header pipe was banging between the collecter and the frame.So i'll trim it up and get new springs.

Thanx for the input. We weld em' up on sleds, so I had to ask :D if you pm me and give me you address i will send you a new set. i have a few sets so i could spare one .