PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased +3+1 aarms...brake lines?

leasureryan
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I just bought a pair of Burgard EXT +3+1 a arms with tie rods, and a set of Elka triple rates piggybacks. I have 2" wheel spacers on now....and seem to still have a little room for going a little wider. But should you have to buy longer lines? And where should I get them from?

drew416ex
09-01-2008, 09:27 PM
yeah you need longer lines with those arms. You can get them from lonestar, houser, galfer, and i think rockymountain has their brand (tusk). Also remember, the wider you go, the more it will "push" in turns.

leasureryan
09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm at +2 right now.....I do great in trails...I realize it will be a little differant. My big thing is, when I ride MX tracks....I always seem to be sitting to high, or the quad isn't wide enough, and my suspension isn't all that hot...etc etc. I will always have the stock stuff if I need to go back.

would +2 lines work...since stock length works with +2 arms?

09-01-2008, 09:39 PM
i have +2 or +3 lines right now. the guy i bought them off of had them on +3 a-arms on his 400ex. i was debating selling i wanted to sell to buy a +1 or stock length line because i run stock a-arms and +1 is as wide as i'm going.

drew416ex
09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
I'm at +2 right now.....I do great in trails...I realize it will be a little differant. My big thing is, when I ride MX tracks....I always seem to be sitting to high, or the quad isn't wide enough, and my suspension isn't all that hot...etc etc. I will always have the stock stuff if I need to go back.

would +2 lines work...since stock length works with +2 arms?

You should try the elka or tcs conversion on your rear shock. I know the elka does, but im not sure if the tcs makes it a zero preload. It drops the rear around 2-3 inchs and helps a lot.

09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
GTT rebuilt rear with the link drops the rear too