PDA

View Full Version : 525 clutch problems???

24storm
09-01-2008, 08:18 PM
I have a 525 Outlaw and when i go take off the engine revs up and the quad moves very slowly. I can only climb hills with a good run at them. I believe that i am having issues with the clutch. I pulled the cover off and the clutch plates out this past weekend and everything looks good did not have anything to measure the discs with nothing burnt or discolored.

So i am wondering if anyone else has had any problem like this. I would also like to know if anyone has replaced the clutch did you go with another stock one or did you upgrade. I use the quad for trail riding no racing so i would need something suitable for that style of riding.
Any advice would be great.

Thanks Keith

willb
09-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Sounds like your clutch is slipping or you have some binding chain, bearing>>

Lift the back end and make sure the drive train is spinning freely while the bike is in neutral.

I had my clutch replaced by Polaris under warranty with only tank of use.

SO yes there are some issues. There is a real good article over at predatorowners.com

sheriff525
09-02-2008, 06:26 PM
me and my brother are having some major clutch issues right now also. Anyone know of some really good clutch kits. I was thinking of looking into Hindson.

kmc6924
09-02-2008, 07:04 PM
hey im thinkin about buying another outlaw, is this a common prob in the 525? and any other problems at all?

24storm
09-02-2008, 07:26 PM
It is not the clutch. Make sure to check your crank nut. mine was finger tight.

I tightened it to 110 foot lbs and put red lock tite on it.

Keith

willb
09-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Not a whole lot of people have had a problem. Mine would not go into N unless the engine was shut down. There was always a drag. No matter how much I adjusted it.

The clutch is a proven clutch by KTM, the only addition for Polaris was the Reverse and removing 6th gear.

Good news. I have heard that backing off.