PDA

View Full Version : Running with no spark arrestor

tobyp
09-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I am running a Full Yoshi and removed the spark arrestor, man does it sound good!! I have one reservation about it though. I had a mechanic tell me that it is not recommended to run without the spark arrestor as it would harm the exhaust valves. Is this true?

smorris1
09-01-2008, 07:31 PM
He probably told u this because of the loss of back pressure. No it wont hurt ur valves. If u ran it without the muffler maybe. My white bros e-2 is designed for me to remove the spark arrestor and yes it sounds very good.

Snipe
09-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I agree no problem I ran the stock muffler and took a grinding wheel to get the spark arrestor out and never had a problem.

With the E series I have yet to try it without.

The only thing you have to be carefull about is if you ride on conservation areas designated for four wheelers you (HAVE) to have a spark arrestor to ride in these places if not they will send you home packing as it is just that it keeps sparks from coming out the exhaust and burning the forest to the ground. Prepare for backfires without it in there as well lol.

drew416ex
09-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah the spark arrestor just does what it says, arrests sparks. I used to have a e-series that I had the arrestor out and a feild caught fire, but it was really dry and I managed to put it out before it got bad. It wont hurt your valves. Many of the race pipes out there dont have them or are removable.

justin1022
09-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by drew416ex
Yeah the spark arrestor just does what it says, arrests sparks. I used to have a e-series that I had the arrestor out and a feild caught fire, but it was really dry and I managed to put it out before it got bad. It wont hurt your valves. Many of the race pipes out there dont have them or are removable.

holly! that would of been scary. did you getof and jump on it or just wip a dounut and throw some dirt on it? ha.

drew416ex
09-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I did dounuts on it. :D