PDA

View Full Version : Dune jetting?? HELP PLEASE!!

LONG-ROD
09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
I am going to little sahara this weekend . My bike is running a little FAT on the main jett, at night when it is cold it runs awsome. I was told back when I rode MX bikes that you had to go way rich in the sand because of the load the sand putts on the engin, Is this true? If so what should I do with my Jetting, I am at 175 main jett and a DGH needle I beleive in the forth. The weather is supose to be 90 F durring the day. I also run a foam filter with no lid, should I run a outer wear? I don't need my bike running on the edge of lean, just a good reliable Jett set up.

LONG-ROD
09-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Anyone ride the dunes???

09-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I ride in the sand 95% of the time. a lot of it is sugar sand i dont run paddles but its not the dunes. it does get really hot in the wide open areas in the sand which means your quad is going to run warmer. as far as jetting i am not sure what the temperature is like where you ride now vs little sahara. I woould strongly advise an outerwear for the sand or anything for that matter. it catchs so much dust and debris. I run a K&N air filter with the outerwear and like i said i ride basically all sand because my foam filter would clog up so fast

Aceman
09-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Your running a little rich right now, that's a good start, but do some plug chops when you get there. That's the only way to know for sure, everything else is just a guess.

Couldn't tell ya whether the outerwears will make a difference or if it'll just pass sand too.