PDA

View Full Version : Uhh Ohh, Blue Smoke

metalmind342
09-01-2008, 03:09 PM
When i start the quad up its fine, but in the first couple revs (while still cold) a good amount of blue smoke pours out and does so until the bike is completely warmed up. I figure the problem is in the piston rings. This build is now about 4 years old and had 0 problems until this blue smoke. The build is a 416 with stage 2 hot cam.

Now my question is, what do most people do in this situation? Do people just get new rings for it and a gasket kit and call it good? Or would it be wise to hone the sleeve get a new piston, rings and top end gaskets?

Also, i really don't know where to get parts such as the over sized piston and rings, any ideas?

Thanks for all the help

brian76708
09-01-2008, 03:43 PM
could be valve seals

drew416ex
09-01-2008, 08:40 PM
I also say seals. While its sitting there oil leaks ontop of the piston so on start up it smokes. If it were rings it would smoke even after warm up.

justin1022
09-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by drew416ex
I also say seals. While its sitting there oil leaks ontop of the piston so on start up it smokes. If it were rings it would smoke even after warm up.

if it were to be seals wouldnt it just get worse and worse? it happend to my freind started with a little blue then went to alot within a few hours worth of laps. i dont no if it happens to everyone though.

justin1022
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
o yea and of coarse its jsut oging to get wrose but i ment ot say wouldnt it just get worse fast? like my freinds it only took a couple hours and it was blowing blue in every gear and he noticed to just with a cold start up then it went aaway ocne worm.