PDA

View Full Version : Snyder Motorsports and HLS suspension front end

mcwilly
09-01-2008, 01:57 PM
www.snydermotorsports.net/ssl/shop/index.php?productID=178

Anybody run this front end? Honestly, it's the first I've seen/heard of it. I run stock a-arms w/ HLS suspension on my 400EX and I'm pretty impressed w/ the shocks. Was wondering if anybody has any experience w/ the HLS on a mini quad.

In case you havent heard of the HLS suspension, it's a 'combined' company of GT Thunder and HMF engineering.
HLS suspension (http://www.hlssuspension.com/main.htm)

09-01-2008, 03:12 PM
those shocks look really good. first ive ever hear of but they look like an awsome shock. do they make them for a mini quad.

riding4fun
09-01-2008, 05:58 PM
They are on the web page. They show $550. I wonder if that is for the standard travel shocks.

09-01-2008, 06:16 PM
thats not a bad price for the quality they say they are there nice looking but its not the look its the suspenion and i believe they do just my opion. like to know more about them.

Logan #34's Dad
09-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey guys, My good friend runs this set up on his DRR and it seems to work just as well as any other set up out there. For me its all about the cost. I'm not sure what SMS a-arms cost. I run stock a-arms with Elka's and do just fine.
I'm planning on running ATVFourplay set up soon I hope.
The only gripe I have is I saw another kid on an Apex break the shaft of the HLS rear shock during a race. Then found out they made him pay to replace the shaft.

WOLFPACK
09-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Take a closer look at the HLS shocks. If they had blue and white springs they would be a Works shock. The purchase thier components from Works. I'm sure the difference is they add a better valve but it is still cheap components.

You get what you pay for! We learned our lesson and now spend the money for the good stuff (Motowoz). This is your child and better suspension equals safety!

The arms appear to be good design and quality. Haven't had any experience with them otherwise. Laeger's has released thier stuff and deserves a look.

WOLFPACK
09-03-2008, 07:08 AM
HLS

WOLFPACK
09-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Works

QuadJunkies
09-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Z-broz racing also has the ARS-FX /EXIT will also be ready this fall/winter. We are testing the set up for the rest of this year and I cant say enough good things about them.We got Brandons TOTALLY dialed in over the wk end.VERY nice set up!The beauty is these shocks really do work!!
I cant give a firm release date yet, but when I find out Ill post . The designer on the shock is Mike Hallock(he has a cool story in Atv Rider mag this month) he used to be the guy behind Custom Axis .
Ive posted a few shots of them before ,but heres a couple more.
Its so great seeing companies finally making a variety for all of us to chose from.
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/zbroz-ars-fx-_exit_shocks_

http://upload.pbase.com/image/102608220/original.jpg

drt18
09-03-2008, 12:09 PM
i have the whole set looking to sell.

cheatermtrsprts
09-11-2008, 02:21 PM
We have a bike that has the SMS with the HLS shocks. The a arms are top notch. The front HLS shocks work really well. I would say they are competitively priced with other front ends. Shawn Snyder is also a stand up guy who takes care of any problems you might have. Just my .02