PDA

View Full Version : ordering jets...NEED HELP!!!

brusif
09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm about rejet my quad and I don't want to buy a jet kit. I'd like to keep the keihin style jets if at all possible. I went to jetsrus.com and they a ton of main and slow jets listed by size(head diameter in mm). All the mains seem to be the same length(8mm), but how do I determine which head diameter I need?

Also, the slow jets(which I am assuming are pilot jets?) are categorized by length. What length do I need?

Someone please help...

justin1022
09-01-2008, 01:03 PM
you should just by a pipe. comes with a jet and plus you get a little performance. but if you dont want that you can probly just go to a local dealer and they should have any jet you want. id put like a 152 or 150.

o yea is there any mods done to your quad as is?

09-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
you should just by a pipe. comes with a jet and plus you get a little performance. but if you dont want that you can probly just go to a local dealer and they should have any jet you want. id put like a 152 or 150.

o yea is there any mods done to your quad as is?

sounds like justin1022 needs to go to www.jetsrus.com and read the faq on jets and jetting...

to the op...go back to jets r us and choose what quad you have and then order form there...they have their kits listed, but they also have the single jets listed too...

09-01-2008, 01:37 PM
jets r us if you go to 400ex jets you dont have to worry about head sizes they list all the jets in order for the 400ex.

brusif
09-01-2008, 08:25 PM
thanks guys...i'll try to search under the 400ex option.

my ex has a white bros e series pipe/stage 1 cam/uni filter with no air box lid.

i was gonna start with 155, 158, 160 and 165 main jets and a 42 pilot jet.

any other suggestions?

justin1022
09-01-2008, 08:45 PM
ya i no your going to buy the kehian jets right? if not please do dyno jets make it way harder trust me in no ha.

09-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by justin1022
if not please do dyno jets make it way harder trust me in no ha.

what? holy crap that is confusing...please tell me that English is your second language...please...

and if it is not, get off of the internet and pay attention in school...i have read many of your posts and get headaches from trying to decipher them...some lack of spelling and grammar is acceptable on the internet, but what you put out is beyond that...unless English is your second language

and i hope you are not telling him to buy dynojets... dynojets are the devil...

brusif
09-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
what? holy crap that is confusing...please tell me that English is your second language...please...

and if it is not, get off of the internet and pay attention in school...i have read many of your posts and get headaches from trying to decipher them...some lack of spelling and grammar is acceptable on the internet, but what you put out is beyond that...unless English is your second language

LOL:D

this is funny...

justin1022
09-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad

ha wopes sorry right after i sent that i was like and i hope he can understand it because i was watchign a movie and jsut switched back really soon... and i was saying not to buy dyno jets they suck. you have to have this aapter and a dyno jet 170=a kehian jet 200 so there scale is messed. i have a dyno jet in my uad right now but i am switching soon.