PDA

View Full Version : Most bang for my buck?

jackson020
09-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi,I was thinking on starting to mod my completely stock 03 Mojave.What would give me the greatest performance increase for my money?I just want to start off with bolt on accessories.Thanks

greenblood01
09-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Big Gun Evo-X exhaust, 36mm Mikuni from Cwr, clamp on filter (if you don't ride in the mud), KLR 250 CDI box. Then you can go cams, port work, bigger valves, lightened flywheel, big bore, etc.. I don't recommend doing too much modding to the Mojave, its a great quad but you're better off getting something bigger when you're ready, I learned that the hard way.

Talk to Greg at www.cycleworksracing.net for anything Mojave related, he's the man.

mfr422
09-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Jackson,

SHOCKS,SHOCKS AND SHOCKS!!!!!

I said it three times for all three shocks, lol. Seriously you will be faster with good shocks and a stock bike than all the other mods combined with stock suspension. This is true for any quad, but especially a mojave as their suspension has no adjustment to speak of. Spend the money and get good ones as they are worth every penny. :D Your body will thank you after every ride!! I also agree with greenblood, put shocks on it and ride it till your ready for something faster. Roost on!!

jackson020
09-06-2008, 06:48 PM
I hear ya on the shocks.I had to set my Mojave at it's softest settings and it's still too stiff for me.I'm only 150lbs soaking wet so it goes well with me on it but I could use some more adjustable shocks.Any suggestions for shocks that will not kill my wallet?

jackson020
09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by greenblood01
Big Gun Evo-X exhaust, 36mm Mikuni from Cwr, clamp on filter (if you don't ride in the mud), KLR 250 CDI box. Then you can go cams, port work, bigger valves, lightened flywheel, big bore, etc.. I don't recommend doing too much modding to the Mojave, its a great quad but you're better off getting something bigger when you're ready, I learned that the hard way.

Talk to Greg at www.cycleworksracing.net for anything Mojave related, he's the man. Thanks for the reply.Would I have to re jet my carb with the Big Gun and or a clamp on filter?I'm a little scared of playing with the carb just yet.I'm still a rookie at these .What would a KLR CDI box do for me?Thanks

greenblood01
09-07-2008, 01:53 AM
Jetting isn't so bad. Greg can walk you through it easy enough. The KLR cdi gives you a 4 degree timing advance on the spark and elimates the rev limiter.