PDA

View Full Version : Help out a brother.

drider
09-01-2008, 12:35 AM
hello friends and family, i have an 86 Lt250R, which was one of my bikes that i have learnedto ride on. Well the bike has been sitting for almost two years, the rear carrier bearings went out! It's been sitting for a year since i have tried working on it, i remembe i got stuck somewhere taking out the axle, there was ball bearings everywhere. So my question is, does anyone know of a website how to's? i want to fix this bike not sell it, because it has sentimental meanings, hell it took me everwhere from the small dunes of Pismo beach, to the huge dunes of glamis, to the mega dunes of dumont. I cannot let this bike go, help me out guys.

cdrookie
09-01-2008, 09:00 AM
ball bearings went everywhere cause the bearings were shot. you need to get the axle out. i'm sure the outer bearing races will still be in the carrier and you'll need to beat them out, it'll probably be a PITA. check your axle for grooves(it probably has them) up to you if you'll ride on it or not. check the carrier for cracks, replace the bearings and seals and install the axle again.

drider
09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
would be be just smart and easier to purchase a new carrier? Also anyone have how - to websites on how to swap out the carrier? thanks - DARIUS