PDA

View Full Version : installing houser lt aarms on 07 r

400lag
08-31-2008, 09:12 PM
so im installing some slicast lt houser aarms on my 07 and i was just wondering what to do about the zerk fitting it seems to be in the way of up travel and then if you switch it the there is a pinch sleeve in the way on the other side any body run into this???
Its just on the front side of the aarm mounts of both the upper and lower aarms. i guess ill have to grind the bracket thats in the way i dont see any other way to do it.

quad2xtreme
09-01-2008, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by 400lag
so im installing some slicast lt houser aarms on my 07 and i was just wondering what to do about the zerk fitting it seems to be in the way of up travel and then if you switch it the there is a pinch sleeve in the way on the other side any body run into this???
Its just on the front side of the aarm mounts of both the upper and lower aarms. i guess ill have to grind the bracket thats in the way i dont see any other way to do it.

I just installed XC a-arms on a 2008 and the instructions state to install the zerks to lube then install plugs. I just installed the plugs on 4 of them. I thought about grinding the frame mounts too but figured Honda didn't for a reason.

Pappy
09-01-2008, 06:45 AM
grinding the frame mounts wont hurt a thing (as long as you dont go nuts) if they wont clear in the lower position. Just take away enough material in the arc of the zerk and touch up the exposed metal with some matching paint.

Dave400ex
09-01-2008, 09:01 AM
I would just install the plugs either way, as I ran the zerks on my Houser's for maybe a ride or two and then they got snapped off.

400lag
09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
i didnt get any plugs so i just ground it down enough to fit and went on from there. did the same thing with my 400ex lsr aarms. thanks for the input.

TRX450RACER174
09-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Just call them and they will send them to u, my kit was short one i called and got a envelope with some extras in it.

ohioEX
09-04-2008, 08:07 AM
If you didn't receive the set screws (plugs) call me and I will get some sent out to you.
We used to put the grease zirks on the bottom of the pivot tubes, but with the new design uppers it couldn't be done, and the lowers got knocked off by rocks etc.
I have a TRX450 and cut the frame mounts. I made a template using the rears and traced it on the fronts and cut them out and finished them to make it look factory.

Mark @ Houser
Ext. 103