PDA

View Full Version : dosnt hold up to anyhting and SLOW!

joeyds450x
08-30-2008, 11:50 PM
i dont kno bout any one else but i tip mine on its side and wreck the fenders and the headlites and messed up the front steering and the axle bent even more, dosnt hold up to abuse very well at all! and i dnt believe people are beating other 450s and 700 rappys i raced a ltr and got smoked, then we switched machines and samething it smoked the ds again, both stock except i have the wire cut and lid off, i raced a 700 rappy and got absolutly killed it was bad, my dads sportsman 800 will even almost beat me but i get him by a bumper length at the end. i wanna know what everyone else is doin, i mean there is people on here saying they are beating modded yfzs with there stock ds i refuse to believe it, i want proof or somethin! not very impressed wit this machine and how it holds up. if anyone could please tell me how your ds450s are so fast id sure appreciate it thanks

arshooter68
08-31-2008, 08:07 AM
must have got a lemon

Gray33
08-31-2008, 09:02 AM
yfz 4 life...

ScottB125
08-31-2008, 10:40 AM
All the bikes are pretty equal in straight line racing. Rider dictates who wins more than anything. I've raced a stock Honda 450 and it outran me....and I've raced a YFZ with a pipe/commander that I outran. Polish up on your launching and where you shift at.

joeyds450x
08-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ScottB125
All the bikes are pretty equal in straight line racing. Rider dictates who wins more than anything. I've raced a stock Honda 450 and it outran me....and I've raced a YFZ with a pipe/commander that I outran. Polish up on your launching and where you shift at.

i believe that 2, the better rider usually wins, but we switched machines and i beat my ds on his ltr, i hate that the ds has no bottom end it sucks

fastford
08-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Maybe I got a hot machine but this thing rips. I got a slip on, K&N, wire and lid off. I have beat a load of 450R's with HRC kits and 1 480 and ate every raptor I have raced. NONE of these machines were stock. On the flats they are all close some R's will out run me but in the sand hills none are close. And you cant say rider cuz I ride with a leg brace.

I also rolled mine backwards down a hill and only bent the handle bars down a bit.

joeyds450x
08-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by fastford
Maybe I got a hot machine but this thing rips. I got a slip on, K&N, wire and lid off. I have beat a load of 450R's with HRC kits and 1 480 and ate every raptor I have raced. NONE of these machines were stock. On the flats they are all close some R's will out run me but in the sand hills none are close. And you cant say rider cuz I ride with a leg brace.

I also rolled mine backwards down a hill and only bent the handle bars down a bit.

idk maybe a slip on and a filter makes that big of a difference, i was on a straite strech when i tipped up on the grab bar then fell on its side and on the headlites and fender and wrecked everything i had to take the plasticks off to bend all the backets back in place so the plastic fit right again i raced a 700 rappy n get killed by over 20 quad lengths n we switch and ibeat my ds on his 700 by the same

fastford
08-31-2008, 01:34 PM
That dont seem right to lose never mind by 20 lengths. I havnt raced alot on the flats I do know there is a diff from the flats to the hills of where I place in the running of things. There isnt huge differences like 20 lengths for anyone. I just got my K&N this weekend and it did pick up a bit more from the stock filter. Is you unit reving out with ease? Does it struggle to hit the rev limiter? Is it over fueling? I havnt raced another DS so I dont know if I got a hot machine or it is where is should be but there is no way a Raptor should beat ya by 20 lengths.

joeyds450x
08-31-2008, 02:04 PM
That dont seem right to lose never mind by 20 lengths. I havnt raced alot on the flats I do know there is a diff from the flats to the hills of where I place in the running of things. There isnt huge differences like 20 lengths for anyone. I just got my K&N this weekend and it did pick up a bit more from the stock filter. Is you unit reving out with ease? Does it struggle to hit the rev limiter? Is it over fueling? I havnt raced another DS so I dont know if I got a hot machine or it is where is should be but there is no way a Raptor should beat ya by 20 lengths.

no i thought it was fast untill i raced that raptor the distance was around a quarter mile est. ya it was bad it absolutly killed me out of the hole and after that he was gone, it revs out just fine its that rappy is insane i dont know whats done to it but it does 90+ mph easy

quadhunter
08-31-2008, 02:43 PM
I dont know whats wrong with yours but mine has tons of low end torqe and i have hit sevral jumps and flat landed them bottomed out the shocks been thrown from the quad and dented in the plasic side panels with my knees and it shows no signs of stress or weekness, trust me i have been very hard on the rear axle and it is as strait as an arrow. I have a motoworks pipe motoworks fmi and a velocity filter... fast still have to cut the wire. Personally i dont think that the factory pipe does the quad justice. dont give up on it

joeyds450x
08-31-2008, 03:17 PM
i must have got a lemon

Punk'd
09-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Somethings not right here. No doubt raptor 700's are fast but I beat a stock one back when mine was stock. If you get a full system exhaust it will wake up ALOT.

Also what fuel are you running in your DS?

joeyds450x
09-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Somethings not right here. No doubt raptor 700's are fast but I beat a stock one back when mine was stock. If you get a full system exhaust it will wake up ALOT.

Also what fuel are you running in your DS?

93 octane premium

ride_red666
09-02-2008, 10:52 PM
u gotta be losin power with the lid off, wire cut and spark arrestor out. the wire cut is meant for an aftermarket pipe. u incresead ur intake but not the outtake

fastford
09-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Hey 666 do you know the machine that was at your shop that was an 06 YFZ with an IceCube kit on it. Red with I think SS rims?
Its was sold a little while ago for about 8 I think.?

Foxstar45
09-05-2008, 12:00 PM
either put the lid back on and put that pink wire back together or get a rossier exhaust/intake and leave the wire cut. You are no doubt running to rich with the wire cut and lid off. You won't do any damage to it but you will loose even more bottom end. Trust me you won't be dissapointed in the rossier set up. it is designed based on the factory race map. In addition to removing the air box lid, they suggested that i drill several holes in the back of the box to increase air flow even more, which tells me the factory race map dumps WAY more fuel into the engine.

ride_red666
09-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey 666 do you know the machine that was at your shop that was an 06 YFZ with an IceCube kit on it. Red with I think SS rims?
Its was sold a little while ago for about 8 I think.?
it was white with a red frame ya i remeber it what about it. i work on the honda side tho...

mebcop
09-05-2008, 08:21 PM
sounds like you got a bad one. try putting a pipe on it. wakes it up like crasy. it went from pretty fast to stupid fast. unreal for just a pipe. lots more mid and low.

joeyds450x
09-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by mebcop
sounds like you got a bad one. try putting a pipe on it. wakes it up like crasy. it went from pretty fast to stupid fast. unreal for just a pipe. lots more mid and low.

slip on or full system?