PDA

View Full Version : cr250 ignition timing

GOTFEAR
08-30-2008, 10:19 PM
I have a cr250 ignition system they say set your timing .030 BTDC what is a good timing for mx

2muchquad
08-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Once you install the adaptor plate,you will not be able to adjust your ignition unless you egg the holes.the cr250 ignition is a huge improvement by itself,you shouldnt have to mess with it,at least mine seems to work good everywhere:D

deathman53
08-31-2008, 06:27 AM
with the esr and ct plate you can adjust the timing. The ct plate allows more adjustment of the timing. If you buy it from esr, the bottom hole has the insert and the top doesn't. You want the top screw to be in the middle, forward is advanced, back is retarded. I'm told the cr igntion w/ everything in the middle is 5 degrees adavanced from the stock trx.

C-LEIGH RACING
08-31-2008, 07:37 AM
If you get or have the ESR, TRX250R adapter plate for CR250R ignition system conversion, the ESR adapter plate only has holes to mount the plate to the case, no slots for adjustment.
The CR ignition stator plate, if you remove the thin metal plate at the bottom covering the mounting hole, it has slots & is adjustable.
But, because of the machining on the ESR adapter plate, if you remove the thin metal plate from the CR stator plate, rotate the stator far as it will rotate counter clockwise (retard) & then lock the screws down, timming will be around 10* advance if your checking timming with a timming light.

Those ESR adapter plates, the bolt hole machining on them must be set for alky fueled engines that need a lot of advance timming only thing I can figure.
Neil

GOTFEAR
08-31-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry i thought the ignition i have was the same as a cr i have a FTZ PVL that has full adjustment i set the timing .030 before top center

thedeatons
02-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Where do you get the CT adapter plate? Not listed on their site...

C-LEIGH RACING
02-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by thedeatons
Where do you get the CT adapter plate? Not listed on their site...

They have them & you'll need to call, sells for around $80.00
Neil

thedeatons
02-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Thank you Neil.