PDA

View Full Version : Steel City thoughts/notes

jcv400ex
08-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Ryan Villopoto had a rough day. Got slammed in the first moto by Nico Izzi and had mechanical issues, 2nd moto he got tangled up with Kyle Chrisholm and I don't think he broke the top 10. Ryan Dungey swept the lites and Bubba swept the 450's. Brock Hepler put up a hell of a fight with Tim Ferry but ended up with 3rd both motos.

The new Polaris did not have a good outing with Dunk. He looked like he had his hands full with that machine. It wouldn't turn, it was bouncing like a pogo stick and he had no power or just too much wheel spin, I couldn't tell which, but it seemed it was under powered to me. From high speed straights to hard braking turns, the front end seemed to shake alot. The bars wanted to hop out of Dunk's hands. I felt bad for Dunk, I know he wanted to have a good weekend on the machine. I think he wished he was on his Honda. But that is soley my opinion, I didn't talk to Dunk after the race, so I may be totally wrong, but that was my observation....love Dunk to death, but I wasn't impressed with the machine.

The Can Am's are smooth machines. John's bike ran pretty good. It just didn't seem to have the top end umph to run with the Zuki's. Wimmer, Weinen, and Digger's Zuki's are TOP OF THE LINE RACING MACHINES. They seem to do everything right. The rest of the world has alot of work.

Baldwin built Upperman a HELL of a machine and Josh put it to damn good use today! He was running a strong 2nd and I think in the end, the heat got to him. He ran a heck of a race, and has alot to build on for next year.

The Kawasaki's didn't impress me either. They seemed un-predictable in the rough stuff and throttle was real choppy. Seemed like a handful out on the track.

Suzuki is alive and well in ATV racing and they're here to stay. It's going to take ALOT to de-throne the Zuki's.

Anyone else go today?

rageatvsupermom
08-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I am taking nothing away from Suzuki....they did thier
homework and have three top notch riders....but
they have spent what.....three years developing so
I would hope they would do well. Give Polaris a
chance between them and Can-am this is thier first
year. I am glad the factories are here and giving some
sort of support.

Way to go CHAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele

jcv400ex
08-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh yeah, Can Am is on the right track. I hope you're right about the Polaris, but I just don't think they have it in them.

Wayne Hinson has done an excellent job with the Suzuki team. I've always been a Digger fan, but I was "upset" with the way Suzuki took advantage(in my opinion) of Tom Carlson...and just pretty much threw him to the curb. But they've evolved into a heck of a race team and it's only going to do good for the ATV racing scene.

quadracer707
08-31-2008, 11:31 AM
If Factory Polaris wants to take it to the next level, then the sponsors representing Polaris need to listen to the riders on the quad & put the right parts & Bring a RACE mx engine along with next time. I'll bet no one went out a bought a Polaris after that race..

Ken

gcart2
08-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
If Factory Polaris wants to take it to the next level, then the sponsors representing Polaris need to listen to the riders on the quad & put the right parts & Bring a RACE mx engine along with next time. I'll bet no one went out a bought a Polaris after that race..

Ken

what class do you race?

did you hear about lakeland mx and flying high shutting down. i wonder what they are gonna do?

SpeedBump
08-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex

The Kawasaki's didn't impress me either. They seemed un-predictable in the rough stuff and throttle was real choppy. Seemed like a handful out on the track.

Anyone else go today?

Yep, I was there too. Without sounding like a fanboy, Creamer had a horrible starting lap.(overheated his clutch WAY bad on the line)...if I remember correctly...dead last and wayyy back. He managed to pull himself back to 6th and given 2-3 more laps, Mr Natalie would have been looking at his number plate. I am not 100% certain, but I know he is riding with a torn rotator cuff (I think Natalie is too) and still managed to run a strong race with the fastest lap times. (Got 3rd in qualifying times, too)

I DO agree with you about the Can-Ams...they just seem a bit underpowered right now. I'm sure given some more RD time, they'll have it up to speed and after Natalie gets himself all fixed up, they'll be in the HUNT for the podium often.

It STILL amazes me how fast Gust is. When's this old bird gonna slow down? LOL

Oh yeah, I was up at the Kaw Pits and Jimmy white was telling us about next years plans....seems Kaw IS gonna drop to ONLY TWO racers for 09. Sad somebody gonna have to find a new "ride".

madskrillz2
08-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
Yep, I was there too. Without sounding like a fanboy, Creamer had a horrible starting lap.(overheated his clutch WAY bad on the line)...if I remember correctly...dead last and wayyy back. He managed to pull himself back to 6th and given 2-3 more laps, Mr Natalie would have been looking at his number plate. I am not 100% certain, but I know he is riding with a torn rotator cuff (I think Natalie is too) and still managed to run a strong race with the fastest lap times. (Got 3rd in qualifying times, too)

I DO agree with you about the Can-Ams...they just seem a bit underpowered right now. I'm sure given some more RD time, they'll have it up to speed and after Natalie gets himself all fixed up, they'll be in the HUNT for the podium often.

It STILL amazes me how fast Gust is. When's this old bird gonna slow down? LOL

Oh yeah, I was up at the Kaw Pits and Jimmy white was telling us about next years plans....seems Kaw IS gonna drop to ONLY TWO racers for 09. Sad somebody gonna have to find a new "ride".

I also heard if they get the rider they want, Creamer will be the only original left on the team.

hsr
08-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I also heard if they get the rider they want, Creamer will be the only original left on the team.

They want gibson, they will prob. get em too, gibson and creamer ..now thats' a powerhouse of a team.

jcv400ex
08-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh yeah, Creamer was riding the wheels off of it, just looked like he was having a heck of time with the quad. He was wrestling the heck out of it.

Gust is un human! Pretty funny when he pulled the holeshot on the yungin's! :macho

jcv400ex
08-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Here's a short vid at the pro double of Weinen, upperman, gust and natalie.

Video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-635991746581725078&hl=en)

jcv400ex
08-31-2008, 06:36 PM
Here's one of BubbaBubba (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8930375436119561438&hl=en)

SpeedBump
09-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Here's one of BubbaBubba (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8930375436119561438&hl=en)

Bubba=MX Machine!:devil:

younggun95
09-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Can u imagine Creamer and Gibson on a team? Both on their own are crazy. Too crazy sometimes trying jumps that they shouldn't. But put them together and they would be even worse. But Gibson could hopefully gain a lot from Creamer. I wish Gibson was a little bit bigger and could control the quad more.

quadboy38
09-01-2008, 08:42 PM
you dont win races at the pro am level not being able to control your quad

younggun95
09-01-2008, 09:03 PM
lol Cody does.:D I'm not saying anything bad about Cody. I got to ride with him for a week this season and he is a really cool kid and fast as hell.