PDA

View Full Version : jetting ??

rmuscle
08-30-2008, 06:50 PM
o8 drr 70 , 21 sunworld carb , 42 pilot , 105 main and cilp 2nd from bottom. the bike has been running great at this set up , then i recently took oil injection off and am running fuel oil at 40:1. i dont know if that makes a difference in jetting, but since then the bike still runs good but it really needs to warm up or it will stall , also the plug was a nice brown color now it seems to be more towards black. also it has gotten about 10 deg. cooler here, any suggestions would be great

thanks ron

hotquads1
09-01-2008, 10:06 AM
the injector ratio is about 20;1 so when you went to 40;1 this made your jetting needs change slightly, you would be a bit rich (in comparison), but your 10 degree drop in temps would counteract that somewhat . cold natured when warming up would suggest a lean pilot or needle, but trust your plug color and jet accordingly for the main.
marc

rmuscle
09-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by hotquads1
the injector ratio is about 20;1 so when you went to 40;1 this made your jetting needs change slightly, you would be a bit rich (in comparison), but your 10 degree drop in temps would counteract that somewhat . cold natured when warming up would suggest a lean pilot or needle, but trust your plug color and jet accordingly for the main.
marc

ok here is where i am at. i have in 42 pilot [sunworld 21] ,i did the air screw test to see if my pilot seemed to lean , i seemed to hit my max rpm [going by sound] at 1.5 to 1.75 turns out, wich i think is where i am supposed to be.now i dropped the clip to the bottom setting and moved up the main to 110 from 105. bike is running perfectly fine , and i may have not been 100% correct the way i explained up top it only stalls if it is not really warmed up when u let off of the throttle not when you push in the throttle. also i put in new plug ran bike up and down for 10 min. plug seems to be brownish gray.also temp sensor light will come on after ridding hard for a while , and i have already tried bleading off the head.

thanks for help

ron

rmuscle
09-02-2008, 06:37 PM
actually with clip at bottom plug got black and oily , moved it up one and plug got grayish