PDA

View Full Version : Who can help me????

Tazs86beast
08-30-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm new to the world of 2stroke and this forum... I just got my 86 250r goin.. from what i wuz told from the guy i bought it from put the 330 kit and dirt digger clutches on her.... My ?s are what fuel mixture do i run with the amsoil dominator oil and 93 octane. And where can i get a stablilizer bar and what does it look like.

LONG-ROD
08-30-2008, 08:34 PM
You can't go wrong at 32/1 4 oz. to a gallon and for the other, I don't know. E bay or CT raceing, or Duncan raceing.

deathman53
08-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Don't get a dirt digger clutch. Stick with stock metals and fibers, get cr500 springs and thats all you need for the clutch. If you really want a stiff clutch, get barnett springs. Inspect the basket, if it hasn't been replaced, it probably needs to. The baskets tend to get grooves in them, making the clutch hard and shifting kinding hard. As for the 330 kit, there is 2 kinds of kits, one is bolt-on and the other you need the cases machined. Don't get the bolt-on, you need a 87-89 rod, long stud kit, 330 spacer plate to make it work. Basically the sleeve doesn't go into the cases as stock does and only gives you 2-3 overbores untill the piston is too big to clear the cases. The other kit, requires the motor rebuild, cases bored and may need a spacer kit(depending on what rod you have). It gives you ~8 overbores, much more secure in the bottom end and won't break the skirt off(like the bolt-on can). I would get a 310pv top end, matching pipe, 38 a/s or 39 pwk carb, rad valve and no-leak exhaust flange. You will have a 55-60 hp motor.

For the gas/oil mix, 32:1. 4oz of oil to one gallon of gas. For the stabilizer, its a dampened rod that goes between the frame and steering stem, some like to put 2 of them on, dampening each way the stem turns. Rocky Mountan atv and many other places sell stabilzers. There is some weaknesses with 250r's, search the forum for what to check when looking at one, it has been brought up time and time again.

Tazs86beast
09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks man lots of good info... but the 330 kit and clutches are already installed.. i didnt do ne of it, it wuz that way when a bought it... i should use 32/1 even if the bottle says 50/1

deathman53
09-01-2008, 03:34 PM
I believe in 32:1, alittle more oil can help the crank. I never understood why people go lean in the oil, richer oil/gas mix actually makes more power. A study was done on a yz250, they tried many different mixtures and put it on the dyno. 16:1 made the most power, but foiled plugs easily. 50:1 made less power than 40:1 or 32:1 and it dropped after 50:1. The concensus was 32:1 for power and general reilablitly(plugs foiling being one).

All250R
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
I believe in 32:1, alittle more oil can help the crank. I never understood why people go lean in the oil, richer oil/gas mix actually makes more power. A study was done on a yz250, they tried many different mixtures and put it on the dyno. 16:1 made the most power, but foiled plugs easily. 50:1 made less power than 40:1 or 32:1 and it dropped after 50:1. The concensus was 32:1 for power and general reilablitly(plugs foiling being one).
What kind of oil was used? Synthetics are supposed to have different molecular compositions and wear differently, etc, etc.