PDA

View Full Version : headlights and neutral light not working

ryan137
08-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey guys just have a question. since i got my quad used a few months ago neither the head lights or neutral light have worked. i changed the bulbs in the headlights which didnt do anything. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do

stumpleg
09-02-2008, 12:59 PM
If the neutral light doesnt work, check the plug down below your shifter and make sure it is plugged in. If not, it wont come on and you wont be able to start it in neutral either, but it will start with the clutch pulled in.

09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by stumpleg
If the neutral light doesnt work, check the plug down below your shifter and make sure it is plugged in. If not, it wont come on and you wont be able to start it in neutral either, but it will start with the clutch pulled in.

that thing unplugged on my my last ride. i stopped and shifted to neutral and the light didnt come on. so i shut it off and it wouldnt turn back on unless the clutch was pulled in i'm thinking great now i have a wireshorting out or something. i'm sitting there wondering what i have to pull apart and i notice that little neutral plug near the shifter hanging and not plugged in. Ohh!!! lol plugged it back in and it was good to go.

duke416ex
09-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Does your bike have a key switch? If they removed the key and didn't twist the right wires together than it will run but none of your accessories will work.

Jshep450r
09-05-2008, 08:34 PM
check your fuses..

KILLAQuad
09-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
Does your bike have a key switch? If they removed the key and didn't twist the right wires together than it will run but none of your accessories will work.

^^^ That would be my Very first Guess as well ... ;)

ryan137
09-07-2008, 09:02 PM
I dont have a key switch on it and it does start in neutral.

KILLAQuad
09-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by ryan137
I dont have a key switch on it and it does start in neutral.

It will still start and run and everything else ... but your lights and fan wont work if you dont connect the proper wires ....

If i remembered which wires they were then i would let you know but i dont remember ... :( .. ( i looked mine up in the Service Manual)

But i have a feeling this is your problem ... ;)