PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help, I have brake problems

DuwBra
08-30-2008, 10:14 AM
So for some reason when i put new pads on my front brakes they rub the rotor so much i can barely push the quad. I've cleaned the caliper, depressed it to the fullest and they still rub. Not only that but i've bled them until nothing but fluid comes out and the brakes wont even try to slow down the quad. Whats wrong?

Also my rear caliper is stripped on the inside where you screw in the brake line bolt, can this be fixed or do i need a new rear caliper?

If it comes to me having to get new brakes where can i get them cheap?

justin1022
08-30-2008, 04:43 PM
if i needed new breaks i would put used 450rs on there high compression so you can stompie them like nothing!

blaaze416
08-30-2008, 05:17 PM
fronts: u sure the pads are in right? used the guide bolts and little springy thing to keep them in place? adjusted the sliders back?

rear: don't know for sure. me....i'd get a new one.

blaaze416
08-30-2008, 05:18 PM
oh yeah......ebay!

blaaze416
08-30-2008, 09:05 PM
i was in a hurry last time. when i changed my fronts the first time, they were very hard to turn. Just ride it for a day or two...they'll break in.

DuwBra
09-01-2008, 09:46 AM
breaking them in isnt the problem they wont stop. yeah everything is on there right, i guess ill have to get new ones, but i dont want to. thanks for you help guys

blaaze416
09-01-2008, 10:15 AM
sorry, misunderstood you. so the pads constantly rub the rotor, but have no stopping power? To me sounds like a pad is on crooked or something. my car did this once and that was the case.
did you try taking the calipers off and pull the lever to make sure both pistons move accordingly? could be a frozen piston.

may not be related, but i had spongy fronts. i'd pull the lever to the bar and it'd barely slow. bled them to death, to no avail. at the same time, i was in the market for some new levers, got some asv's, put them on, and my fronts lock up tight now! :ermm: ... i know....it stumped me too. they still work great though.

DuwBra
09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
yeah i just purchased some 450 front brakes with steel braided lines off ebay, hopefully this solves the problem.