PDA

View Full Version : I hate my new bars

SPDSNYPR
08-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I got some MSR ATV high bend bars looking for something taller than the stock bars on my 400ex since I'm tall (6-04). The new bars have a more distinct upward swing, and they hurt the hell out of my wrists after just a few minutes of riding. I like the tallitude (my new word) of the bars, I can tell. But that shape just blows goats. What do I need to look at now that's taller by an inch or two than the stock bars but not just tall on the outside of the bar (making it to where my arms are bent inward)?

Help a brother out.

REPOMAN
08-29-2008, 07:49 PM
i love my new fasst flexx bars

SPDSNYPR
08-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Got pics per chance?

mfr422
08-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Try roxspeedfx.com, they make a lot af different bar risers including anti-vibe units. I use them on my quad, the 2" risers work for me and I'm 6'. Then you can go back to your comfy bend bars. Roost on!!

MtnEX
08-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh... I see what you are saying... your pinky is higher than your thumb.
Why would they make them that way? Dumb.

08-29-2008, 08:26 PM
theres always propane torch and pipe method lol heat the bars at the bend put the pipe end over the bar end and bend it. If you dont like them i say its worth a try

blaaze416
08-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by REPOMAN
i love my new fasst flexx bars

Yup... Me Too!

SPDSNYPR
08-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by MtnEX
Oh... I see what you are saying... your pinky is higher than your thumb.
Why would they make them that way? Dumb.

Because handlebar makers hate me. :D

Rkangel7
08-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Have you looked at ProTaper SE ATV high bend? I have ATV mid bends and they work out to be close to the stock height. The high bend is probably about an inch taller. They're not too expensive either.

SPDSNYPR
09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
theres always propane torch and pipe method lol heat the bars at the bend put the pipe end over the bar end and bend it. If you dont like them i say its worth a try

I tried this. Got out the old torch, a cheater bar, and got after it. Worked like a charm. Glad I tried this before dumping money into more new bars. Just rode around the neighborhood a littlebit, but the difference was very positive so far. I touched up the paint also so you have to look to see where anything was done. The bars are less "V" shaped now, and have less pullback but are still taller that the stock bars. They're exactly what I wanted (at least I think - time will tell).

Thanks for the tips. If this doesn't work out, I'll look into different bars.