PDA

View Full Version : ok this is weird

wayfastwhitey69
08-29-2008, 06:38 PM
so im ridin along at my friends track and i end up over shotting a berm and landing in the woods well for some reason when i get the bike out and start it back up its got a loud knocking sound going on. i got on and rode a couple more laps to see if there was anything wrong and the clutch cover literally explodes. so i get home tear it all apart and there is nothing wrong with my clutch at all the plates and basket are all in tact and everything only thing there is is a few scratch mark on the outside perimter of the plates but other than that mint, anyone know whats up?

blacknblue#2
08-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Ok so i have one question before i give my suggestion. Did you happen to smoke anything before you went to your buddies??? hahhaha just messin. But i have never heard of this, and if you say your clutch cover exploded but your basket is fine then something is very wrong. I dont see any way pressure could bust on of these. My suggestion is pull the whole right side casing off cause something has to be wrong in there and im sure you will see it. This is a first hearing ive ever heard of this and ive been around these quads since they came out so i will be interested in hearing what the world you find

wayfastwhitey69
08-30-2008, 03:07 PM
i tore it completely down last night and discovered the basket is toast