PDA

View Full Version : Installing GDH Oil Cooler on 300EX

James96GT
08-29-2008, 04:05 PM
I just received my 300EX Oil cooler from GDH with no installation instructions. I e-mailed them but am being impatient. Anyone have some info? I get how it connects and mounts, just need to know if I need to do anything special like add more Oil, crank the engine etc. etc... Anyone have some tips?

SET THE STAGE
08-29-2008, 11:09 PM
just install and fill the cooler with oil

James96GT
08-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks!

bwamos
09-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Your oil capacity will go from 1-3/4 quarts to an even 2-quarts.

Convienient, huh? ;)

I beleive the GDH is an inline style. You cut the copper tube running from the case to the head about 2" or so from the banjo at the head.

Loosen the banjo bolt at the head and rotate that tube toward the front of the engine. Both tubes should point forward now.

If you can "flare" the ends of the tube to help hold on the tubes.

Once you've mounted the cooler, try to fill it with some oil. Doesn't have to be completely full. Some is better than none.

Now attach both ends of the oil cooler hoses to the copper tubing w/ the hose clamps. (doesn't matter which one goes on which line).

Try to leave a dip (~) in the tube that goes into the head. It leaves a place for the oil to sit while parked instead of it all runnign out. Get's oil to the head faster on startup.

James96GT
09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks. Have it installed and seems to be working just fine. I'll have to check for the "dip" in the line. Great advice.

Thanks again!