View Full Version : Whats your opinion on these tires

boosted3g
08-29-2008, 03:22 PM
I had this coupon from Quadfest here for a while and put it to good use. I ordered a set of kenda klax xc tires, a factory service manual and a set of spidergrips. I know the spider grips work well and everyone needs a service manual but what is your opinions on the kenda klax xc. Im happy with the factory tires traction but i pop holes in them way too often. So how do these compare to the factory Ohtsu tires? The machine is in the sig

underpowered
08-29-2008, 03:24 PM
they suck, move on

Actually, they are a decent tire until they start to wear. one they begin to wear, they lose their grip quickly. they hook up great and seem to be fairly puncture resistant but don't expect a long life out of them

flauge
08-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
they suck, move on

Actually, they are a decent tire until they start to wear. one they begin to wear, they lose their grip quickly. they hook up great and seem to be fairly puncture resistant but don't expect a long life out of them The fronts do, but the rears are pretty decent tho. They dont have quite the hookup as the stock radials but I like it like that.. Helps you slide around in the tight stuff instead of bicycling. Ive been on the same set of rear tires since April 06 and have put them thru about 12 xc races and many miles of pavement and hardpack and they still have about 60-70% tread left. Not too bad for the money.;)