PDA

View Full Version : My 400ex is slow

Banshee_370
08-28-2008, 10:39 PM
iis it just me or is the 400ex just a pig? i mean granted im coming from a modded banshee, but i feel like my 400 has no power past 1/2 throttle...i top out 5th and looking for more....and im always behind the raptors and yfzs all day long...

sonof_perdition
08-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Prolly jus you

:)

I dont ride mx but I can keep up with my friends on shees. I admit I am not winning any races after their powerbands kick in..

Sell it and get a YFZ450

Yippie-Ki-Yay
08-29-2008, 05:34 AM
Its probably because you came from that banshee. I love my 400 and i feel it has the right amount of power for what i do. I havnt even gotten mine into 5th yet...I ride alot of fast trails, and i can keep up with all the 450's and a 700xx, and at times i can outrun them.

rideracelivemx7
08-29-2008, 06:47 AM
yeahh....mabe when there slowing down to take a hair pin corner and your still coming from a straightway full bore and take one of them out and pass them lol. the 400 is trail ridden and race ridden when uncorked. your very right, it doesnt have alot of power. WHY WOULD YOU SWITCH FROM A SHEE??? did you blow it to smithereens or somthing lol you shoulda spent the extra grand and got a 450

Banshee_370
08-29-2008, 07:18 AM
its not me.....i have been riding for years now....i still have my shee, i will never get rid of that. i bought the 400 bc i read it was trail friendly...which it is, its just really down on power compared to what im used to....i got it for 1600 as a 2nd quad, wasnt really looking to spend big wood

this is my 1st 4 stroke though

Banshee_370
08-29-2008, 07:25 AM
its not me.....i have been riding for years now....i still have my shee, i will never get rid of that. i bought the 400 bc i read it was trail friendly...which it is, its just really down on power compared to what im used to....i got it for 1600 as a 2nd quad, wasnt really looking to spend big wood

this is my 1st 4 stroke though

Yippie-Ki-Yay
08-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by rideracelivemx7
yeahh....mabe when there slowing down to take a hair pin corner and your still coming from a straightway full bore and take one of them out and pass them lol. the 400 is trail ridden and race ridden when uncorked. your very right, it doesnt have alot of power. WHY WOULD YOU SWITCH FROM A SHEE??? did you blow it to smithereens or somthing lol you shoulda spent the extra grand and got a 450

They are fast trails, but they are pretty tight, they get me on acc, but once we get up to speed after a corner were even because you can only get in about 3-4th gear. so basicly were all going the same speed, but once we get out of the fast trails and tight trails and ride in the fields, i get pretty dusty...:eek2:

08-29-2008, 01:08 PM
yeah yor looking for something in a machine not designed for that use. You came from a Banshee which we all know are top end. 4 strokes are meant to pull from low down not so much be fastest in the top end. Check your throttle ad make sure it is going to 100% because I know mine wasnt lol I was running at just over 3/4 throttle for a year and hadnt realized it. I opened it up and man with the mods I have I pulled to the rev limiter so much quicker. Anyways if you like topend get a topend cam and portwork to make it topend power like a banshee if thats the powerband you like. Personally I hate it but we all have different opinions. I assume you are stock right now, thorw some mods into it and it will be fast

Hondamaster5505
08-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
yeah yor looking for something in a machine not designed for that use. You came from a Banshee which we all know are top end. 4 strokes are meant to pull from low down not so much be fastest in the top end. Check your throttle ad make sure it is going to 100% because I know mine wasnt lol I was running at just over 3/4 throttle for a year and hadnt realized it. I opened it up and man with the mods I have I pulled to the rev limiter so much quicker. Anyways if you like topend get a topend cam and portwork to make it topend power like a banshee if thats the powerband you like. Personally I hate it but we all have different opinions. I assume you are stock right now, thorw some mods into it and it will be fast

It isn't just fast because of "top end" and you and I both know it. It's a simple thing called "horsepower" which the banshee has almost double of in comparison to the 400ex.
EDIT: why would he want to put money into the 400ex only to still get his arse handed to him in the power department compared to the shee? The 450 is equal power to the shee so it would make a great combo for him, and the same combo I want.

Banshee_370
I also have a banshee and a 400ex, had the 400ex first and bought the banshee as a project, so it isnt running yet. But when I get off my dad's shee, and jump on the 400ex, something just isnt right. It almost makes you bored of the 400ex when you come right off the banshee.

What im trying to say is, the 400ex is reliable, but a dog by todays standards. I love it, it's a good solid bike, but it's pathetic in the power compartment compared to other 400's and 450's, and isnt worth putting money into only to make it the equivilent to a piped 450 or banshee.

I recomend you do what I do. I plan on always keeping the banshee, but sometime down the road, im just waiting to come across a good deal on a 450, and im making the switch. I want a 450 for trails, because the 400ex is better in the woods than the shee, but want to keep the shee for balls to the wall riding.

Just my $.02

Banshee_370
08-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Banshee_370
I also have a banshee and a 400ex, had the 400ex first and bought the banshee as a project, so it isnt running yet. But when I get off my dad's shee, and jump on the 400ex, something just isnt right. It almost makes you bored of the 400ex when you come right off the banshee.

What im trying to say is, the 400ex is reliable, but a dog by todays standards. I love it, it's a good solid bike, but it's pathetic in the power compartment compared to other 400's and 450's, and isnt worth putting money into only to make it the equivilent to a piped 450 or banshee.

I recomend you do what I do. I plan on always keeping the banshee, but sometime down the road, im just waiting to come across a good deal on a 450, and im making the switch. I want a 450 for trails, because the 400ex is better in the woods than the shee, but want to keep the shee for balls to the wall riding.

Just my $.02 [/B]

well put sir, i do the exact same thing.....i ride trails/wheelies with the 400, and jump on the banshee when i need to lay the smack down....my banshee is pretty much 100 percent complete so if you need any help with anything let me know....

but the 400 is really cool to mess around with, and im right on my buddies but with a raptor through the tight stuff but one we hit those stretches i wish i was on my banshee....:ermm:

Hondamaster5505
08-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Banshee_370
well put sir, i do the exact same thing.....i ride trails/wheelies with the 400, and jump on the banshee when i need to lay the smack down....my banshee is pretty much 100 percent complete so if you need any help with anything let me know....

but the 400 is really cool to mess around with, and im right on my buddies but with a raptor through the tight stuff but one we hit those stretches i wish i was on my banshee....:ermm:

Yeah. Once the shee is up and running, the 400 will be a trail/exploring bike.

You happen to have a head by any chance? That's all I need now for my banshee to run. Im getting the cylinders back from passion racing sometime next week, and we rebuilt the bottom end. Once it's runnin and rolling, the pipes go on along with some other preformance and cosmetic goodies:devil:

08-29-2008, 08:32 PM
mod out your 400ex so it has more power, how much are you willing to spend?

Hondamaster5505
08-29-2008, 08:53 PM
mod out your 400ex so it has more power, how much are you willing to spend?

You still haven't answered my question..

Why, dump all that money into the 400ex, just to make it barely compete, and won't increase the value?

It's like throwing money into a black hole, which is fine, as long as you like it. Maybe he wants something as fast as his banshee but 4-stroke with better suspension for trails.

08-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
You still haven't answered my question..

Why, dump all that money into the 400ex, just to make it barely compete, and won't increase the value?

It's like throwing money into a black hole, which is fine, as long as you like it. Maybe he wants something as fast as his banshee but 4-stroke with better suspension for trails.

banshees handle horrible unless you are going straight, they really arent all that powerful. throwing money in a black hole? what do you call throwing money into a banshee throwing money into the ****ter, crapper, pile of shat? just wondering. and barely compete I challenge you to a dual. get on your banshee and we will race everything and we will see which one wins more. Unless you have really good suspension your nothing. I am going ot make a t-shirt this year maybe even sell it and just dis banshees, maybe i'll make some pictures to frame and stuff to making fun of them. you make think i'm flyin goff the handle but man cut the crap you cant compare the shee to the 400ex. thats like comparing my weedwhacker to my lawnmower lol

big95xj
08-29-2008, 09:10 PM
banshees handle horrible unless you are going straight, they really arent all that powerful. throwing money in a black hole? what do you call throwing money into a banshee throwing money into the ****ter, crapper, pile of shat? just wondering. and barely compete I challenge you to a dual. get on your banshee and we will race everything and we will see which one wins more. Unless you have really good suspension your nothing. I am going ot make a t-shirt this year maybe even sell it and just dis banshees, maybe i'll make some pictures to frame and stuff to making fun of them. you make think i'm flyin goff the handle but man cut the crap you cant compare the shee to the 400ex. thats like comparing my weedwhacker to my lawnmower lol

Agreed the weedwacker(banshee) takes longer to get the same thing done and looks a lot crappier... just like the banshee and 400EX...IMO banshees are just plain ugly.

smorris1
08-29-2008, 09:15 PM
other than straight drags banshees got nothin on 400ex's. Throw in a stage 2 cam and you will think differently of ur bike.

08-29-2008, 09:15 PM
banshees look like someone set them on fire and then put it out with a brick

Banshee_370
08-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah. Once the shee is up and running, the 400 will be a trail/exploring bike.

You happen to have a head by any chance? That's all I need now for my banshee to run. Im getting the cylinders back from passion racing sometime next week, and we rebuilt the bottom end. Once it's runnin and rolling, the pipes go on along with some other preformance and cosmetic goodies:devil:

i just sold my stock head.......jims a really good guy, he helped me out with my build

Banshee_370
08-29-2008, 10:58 PM

i would accept your dual any day of the week.....

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 05:27 AM
So many banshee haters:o

Ill accept the dual any time. Im never going to change your opinion, and you'll never change mine. One you own a banshee, you become part of the addiction, and they have to be the baddest bike built.

Yes, they don't handle the greatest, but I like the ergo's and at least know I can walk all over your puny arse 400ex. On straights, turns, and hills.

This is coming from someone that also loves his 400ex.

Honda10
08-30-2008, 08:51 AM
I understand here that people have different opinions, but when you buy a banshee that is already expensive you commit to paying thounds of dollars more just to get it to be a decent quad. Take this for example. I ride with foxhondarider and sometimes ride with another banshee . Foxhondarider spends IDK uder $350
for the proformane mods in his signiture, the one with the banshee spends $700+the cost of the K&Nand the jets. And you know what the the banshee mods did, just made the rear tires spin twice as much. In the turns all you see is roost the banshee goes nowwhere. And in the drag race they tie beacause foxhondarider is only running 3/4 throttle. But now since he fixed it foxhonda might win. But you see what I am saying you send twice the money and end up with half the result. I am not trying to rag on banshees but It just doesent make sence to buy a banshee. Then again there will always be the banshee fan groups.

Banshee_370
08-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Honda10
I understand here that people have different opinions, but when you buy a banshee that is already expensive you commit to paying thounds of dollars more just to get it to be a decent quad. Take this for example. I ride with foxhondarider and sometimes ride with another banshee . Foxhondarider spends IDK uder $350
for the proformane mods in his signiture, the one with the banshee spends $700+the cost of the K&Nand the jets. And you know what the the banshee mods did, just made the rear tires spin twice as much. In the turns all you see is roost the banshee goes nowwhere. And in the drag race they tie beacause foxhondarider is only running 3/4 throttle. But now since he fixed it foxhonda might win. But you see what I am saying you send twice the money and end up with half the result. I am not trying to rag on banshees but It just doesent make sence to buy a banshee. Then again there will always be the banshee fan groups.

if foxhondarider can tie a banshee with "700+ dollars" in mods to his bike than the banshee driver cannot drive at all or somethings wrong with the bike. especially if all he has is:-K & N air filter -HMF slip on -choke removed - header welds ground down
-Sparks Racing 6* timing advance
JETTING: Keihin 42 pilot, 158 main, needle 3rd position.......i know piped, jetted,intake shess that keep up with and beat stock yfzs so im pretty sure they could handle a little 400ex......jmo

and if foxhondarider is keeping up or beating that banshee and the kid knows how to drive then i give props to foxhondarider, but the other %99 of 400s would lose

REDRIDDER
08-30-2008, 10:22 AM
I love my 400ex but no way in hell a 400ex hangs with a Banshee.The only thing a 400ex rider will see when racing a Banshee is a puff of smoke and dirt being thrown in your face hahaha.This would be with equal riders of course,and when you come off a Shee to a 400ex I can see where it would feel slow.

08-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah my cousin isnt as skilled at riding as I am thats fact. But drag racing he does know how the shift and when to shift. Its not just his banshee that i have beaten, I have beaten others too. Now your telling me either majority of the banshee riders suck at riding or its the quad. I know my 400ex isnt as fast as a 450r in a straight line and banshees have much more topend but I was hanging with them with 3/4 throttle! yeah I lost by not even a quad length going up this huge hill and even on flat ground but I was only at 3/4 throttle. Know what this means i'm gonna have to go buy a helmet camera.

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah my cousin isnt as skilled at riding as I am thats fact. But drag racing he does know how the shift and when to shift. Its not just his banshee that i have beaten, I have beaten others too. Now your telling me either majority of the banshee riders suck at riding or its the quad. I know my 400ex isnt as fast as a 450r in a straight line and banshees have much more topend but I was hanging with them with 3/4 throttle! yeah I lost by not even a quad length going up this huge hill and even on flat ground but I was only at 3/4 throttle. Know what this means i'm gonna have to go buy a helmet camera.

a lot of people buy banshee's for the cool factor, and dont know how to ride them. So yes, there are some sucky shee riders out there.

It takes getting used to.

The only reason the 400 keeps up is traction. but the shee is faster still, by far.

08-30-2008, 11:02 AM
both the banshee and my 400ex were spinning the whole time I got traction in 4th.

justin1022
08-30-2008, 11:58 AM

um i think you got that wrong when you drop 700 into each you will notcie it way more in the 2 stroke. and if you had proper traction the banshee wouldnt spin as much the guy is probly sitting on the gas tank and wondering why it sppins so much.

rideracelivemx7
08-30-2008, 12:24 PM
lmao you were spinning in 4th? yeahhhh right lol thats ammusing i dont even think my 440 spins the tires arefter 3d and ive yet to loose to another 400 or anything below mine. i have yet to race a 450.. kinda bummed at that but youd belucky if you can get a 400 to spin after 2nd lol the only reason you can come close to beating a banshee is because its spinning the tires the whole damn time. and you can take them off the line. thats it. you just must have raced to pretty bad shee riders.

08-30-2008, 12:34 PM
lmao you were spinning in 4th? yeahhhh right lol thats ammusing i dont even think my 440 spins the tires arefter 3d and ive yet to loose to another 400 or anything below mine. i have yet to race a 450.. kinda bummed at that but youd belucky if you can get a 400 to spin after 2nd lol the only reason you can come close to beating a banshee is because its spinning the tires the whole damn time. and you can take them off the line. thats it. you just must have raced to pretty bad shee riders.

you might want to read more carefully because I said I got traction in 4th. Both of us were spinning the tires and you can see the marks after we raced we both spun till abou tthe same point. And this is sand we are talking about so dont be jumping to conclusions. were is a slap in the face button when you need it.

08-30-2008, 01:15 PM
i have riddena banshee and when i get off i was like wow this a POS

idk how you guys find them fun, your tires are moving at 40 and ur only goin 20. i rather put my money into a 4 stroke and make it run and sound badarse then hav a banshee a smell lik a weed wacker when i get off

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Honda or DI3
i have riddena banshee and when i get off i was like wow this a POS

idk how you guys find them fun, your tires are moving at 40 and ur only goin 20. i rather put my money into a 4 stroke and make it run and sound badarse then hav a banshee a smell lik a weed wacker when i get off

did a banshee rape you or something?

And 75% of the banshee's out there have been butchered, not maintained, and not tuned properly. Thats how they got such a bad reputation. People see them not running right (because of the owners) and go look, that pos can barely run! Banshee's are very tempermental, and will never run right if they aren't tuned well. You'll never understand until you actually ride one that was tuned to perfection..

08-30-2008, 01:26 PM
did a banshee rape you or something?

And 75% of the banshee's out there have been butchered, not maintained, and not tuned properly. Thats how they got such a bad reputation. People see them not running right (because of the owners) and go look, that pos can barely run! Banshee's are very tempermental, and will never run right if they aren't tuned well. You'll never understand until you actually ride one that was tuned to perfection..

so basically the quad will PMS so cant ride it when the banshee is in its time of the month.

REDRIDDER
08-30-2008, 01:27 PM
A Banshee is only as good as it's jetting.

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 01:38 PM
so basically the quad will PMS so cant ride it when the banshee is in its time of the month.

WTF are you talking about? moron.

No, once they're tuned properly, the banshee's are awesome and stay like that. It's the people who throw an exhaust and head on it and throw any old jets in, which is what most do, that make banshee's look bad. When maintained and tuned, they are great bikes. But carb's are the biggest thing. If not tuned and SYNC'd, the shee will never run to her potential.
Kinda like REDRIDDER said.

You run your mouth wherever I see you. You think you know everything about banshee's just because your cousin has one. But did you ever own one? Take care of one? no. So until then, stop acting like your a banshee expert. because I bet if I took a shee engine apart, and left it with you, you wouldn't even know how to put it together.

08-30-2008, 01:42 PM
lol never in my life would i ever buy a banshee. if you left your engine with me I would put it together and rev it to the moon and make sure i take a video and put it on youtube. I said they PMS because you said they are temperamental

REDRIDDER
08-30-2008, 01:44 PM
so basically the quad will PMS so cant ride it when the banshee is in its time of the month. Every day a Banshee will act a little different from the previous day or any two stroke for that matter,same goes for four strokes its just not as noticeable.

REDRIDDER
08-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Hondamaster5505 you have a pm....

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 01:51 PM
lol never in my life would i ever buy a banshee. if you left your engine with me I would put it together and rev it to the moon and make sure i take a video and put it on youtube. I said they PMS because you said they are temperamental

Im done with you. Arguing with you is like arguing with an idiot about trigonometry.

Learn how to actually ride a banshee and then we'll talk.

The banshee is so unique, which is why it's special in my eyes. Is there another quad that looks like it? no. Is there another twin cylinder 2-stroke atv out there? no. Is there another atv with more capability of horsepower out there? no. There is nothing like. The day they make a 350 four-stroke that is as fast as a banshee, then ill be impressed.

And I bet you have never raced a banshee with a -2 swinger? Yeah, thats a common mod, and makes them hook up twice as well. I bet you the outcome would be amazingly different once the shee gains some traction.

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
Hondamaster5505 you have a pm....

got it.

Oh, and foxhonda, you just post about banshee's sucking because your a post whore. I figured you out finally, haha.

REDRIDDER
08-30-2008, 01:57 PM
got it.

Oh, and foxhonda, you just post about banshee's sucking because your a post whore. I figured you out finally, haha. lmao hahaha.

08-30-2008, 02:03 PM
got it.

Oh, and foxhonda, you just post about banshee's sucking because your a post whore. I figured you out finally, haha.

wow he's good he got me. its alright i found a new site dedicated to dissing banshees so i wont have to post on here about banshee's anymore. call me what you want i dont care. glad you had to have help to come up with that. but i will always have the pride of riding the quad I do rather than riding the *** mobile. Its not 2 strokes because snowmobiles, 250rs, things like that are great its just the banshee that is the POS and the riders tend to think its the greatest thing ever made but everyone laughs at them when they see them rididng by

justin1022
08-30-2008, 02:54 PM
hey foxhondarider whats the banshee dising site? and i no what you mean when everyone thinks there sweet i was riding my quad down the rode beside one and i was doing 5th gear wheelies and he just watched me so i told him to try and i couldnt understand him cuz we were doin like 100k then when we stoped i said why dont u do 5th gear wheelies he was like cuz my banshee has so much power im scared of fliping over i was like in 5th? get real lol

08-30-2008, 02:58 PM
justin i sent you the link in a PM its pretty funny

justin1022
08-30-2008, 03:02 PM
thanks man! seriously why the eff would u want a banshee? there 2 strokes so way less reliable they suck gas like crazy.. i herd they are very tipy. the only good thing is hwen u blow them it cost half to fix.

justin1022
08-30-2008, 03:07 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/bansheesuck/vs%20edit%20done.JPG

hhahahhaa

REDRIDDER
08-30-2008, 03:13 PM
you guys are something else lol.

justin1022
08-30-2008, 03:19 PM
haha

http://www.freewebs.com/bansheesuck/banshee%20vs%20wacker.bmp

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 03:31 PM
and the riders tend to think its the greatest thing ever made but everyone laughs at them when they see them rididng by

You obviously made that up.

Everywhere I ride, whenever people see us, or see a banshee, they tell us how sick it is, and they wish they had one. Weve even had 450 guys compliment banshee's.

It's because everyone knows it's a legend. While outdated, it's a quad all of it's own.

And the whole weedwacker thing. They are actually designed way differently and much much cheaper quality. Id like to see a 350cc 4-stroke beat this 350cc "weedwacker"

justin1022
08-30-2008, 03:33 PM
didnt they stop makeing the banshee? i herd they were going to because of the enviorment or somthing that goes with all 2 strokes.

08-30-2008, 03:35 PM
who do you ride with a bunch of gardeners?

REDRIDDER
08-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Your little photo shop work is going to bit you in the arse, especially when I post up this thread in the BANSHEE section lol.

justin1022
08-30-2008, 03:42 PM
haha i didnt even photo shop it i found it on the internet

REDRIDDER
08-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Im just playin man lol

justin1022
08-30-2008, 03:44 PM
yea yea ha.

08-30-2008, 03:46 PM
they are on that banshee dissing website, pretty funny stuff

REDRIDDER
08-30-2008, 03:47 PM
whats the name of this site?

08-30-2008, 03:49 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/bansheesuck/

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
didnt they stop makeing the banshee? i herd they were going to because of the enviorment or somthing that goes with all 2 strokes.

USA- 1987-2006
Canada- 1987-2008
Europe- 1987-present

justin1022
08-30-2008, 04:03 PM
i thgouht so my dad told me that and that was last month. and i remeber a few years ago of rumors of them stoping making them so that must of came from the states....

Honda10
08-30-2008, 04:52 PM
who do you ride with a bunch of gardeners?

Hahahahahahahaha, I cracked up when I read that, and seriously who thinks people on banshees are the coolest people alive, every time they hit the gas the only direction they go is sideways, and every banshee rider I have seen, never stays on the gas, cuz guess wat they just go sideways. THE ONLY THING BANSHEES ARE GOOD FOR IS DRAG RACING AND THROWING ROOST, after a while that gets pretty boring. And isn't it funny that a single cylinder 397cc 4 stroke engine can keep up and sometimes beat a two cylinder, 350cc 2 stroke engine stock for stock. Shouldn't the banshee be raping it?
And it doesn't take some banshee engine expert to figure that one out.

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Hahahahahahahaha, I cracked up when I read that, and seriously who thinks people on banshees are the coolest people alive, every time they hit the gas the only direction they go is sideways, and every banshee rider I have seen, never stays on the gas, cuz guess wat they just go sideways. THE ONLY THING BANSHEES ARE GOOD FOR IS DRAG RACING AND THROWING ROOST, after a while that gets pretty boring. And isn't it funny that a single cylinder 397cc 4 stroke engine can keep up and sometimes beat a two cylinder, 350cc 2 stroke engine stock for stock. Shouldn't the banshee be raping it?

Show me proof:rolleyes:

Stock banshee's are pathetic though. They aren't really good for anything.

And I notice a pattern, people that don't own or have never ridden a banshee for any length of time automatically assume that they are only good for straight line and sliding. If you ask around on bansheehq, they are plenty capable in the trails, can be made to handle good, and be decent at mx. I can take a banshee anywhere in the woods with a smaller front sprocket (stock is geared way to f'in high)

Ruby Soho
08-30-2008, 05:08 PM
yea the problem is you have to set it up for trails.

take any 4 stroke, itll be much funner in the trails, and even the 250 2 strokes.

ive ridden banshees before. yeah i had fun ripping around on the pavement. but as soon as i hit the woods i quickly gave it up to my friend to ride while i rode his prairie 360.

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
yea the problem is you have to set it up for trails.

take any 4 stroke, itll be much funner in the trails, and even the 250 2 strokes.

ive ridden banshees before. yeah i had fun ripping around on the pavement. but as soon as i hit the woods i quickly gave it up to my friend to ride while i rode his prairie 360.

They dont have to be set up for trails. I ride with a 12 tooth front everywhere. I hate the stock gearing on the banshee.

I do have more fun in the trails on my 400ex, but I dont give a crap because I mainly ride coalmines, where 450's and banshee's dominate.
Locally I love to use the ol fo hundy.

Ruby Soho
08-30-2008, 05:29 PM
the handling of the shee is terrible though, it would need extensive modifications to be as comfortable as an EX in the trails

justin1022
08-30-2008, 05:31 PM
and dont forget the ex will go way farther on trails becasue of how little gas they burn.

Honda10
08-30-2008, 06:50 PM
you know it really all comes down to where you ride, I ride in suger sand, here two strokes get no traction, I can understand coal mines cuz they have a bunch of hill climbs and flat areas. But I think it would be such a burdon to keep filling up gas, especilly with the high gas prices and on top of that buy oil. I would go out of my mind on how much money I would need to spend.

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 07:05 PM
you know it really all comes down to where you ride, I ride in suger sand, here two strokes get no traction, I can understand coal mines cuz they have a bunch of hill climbs and flat areas. But I think it would be such a burdon to keep filling up gas, especilly with the high gas prices and on top of that buy oil. I would go out of my mind on how much money I would need to spend.

The banshee burns about 5-7 gallons depending on how hard we ride at the coalmines:eek2:

We worked it out to be 6mpg.

08-30-2008, 08:16 PM
hahahahahaha

scholl buses get better gas milage

bigredisb
08-30-2008, 08:23 PM
My dad and I had a pair of 250R's back in the day and no doubt the 2 strokes scream but when we looked at how much we messed around on engine work we decided to get rid of them. After the R's I picked up a KX250 bike that was fully modded and gave it up as well (couldnt afford any more broken bones). My 400ex felt doggy until you get used to a 4 stroke. Thier fun and different. Not to be confused with all out balls. The best part is I dont have to change pistons, rings, and reeds every month.

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by bigredisb
My dad and I had a pair of 250R's back in the day and no doubt the 2 strokes scream but when we looked at how much we messed around on engine work we decided to get rid of them. After the R's I picked up a KX250 bike that was fully modded and gave it up as well (couldnt afford any more broken bones). My 400ex felt doggy until you get used to a 4 stroke. Thier fun and different. Not to be confused with all out balls. The best part is I dont have to change pistons, rings, and reeds every month.

wow, wtf. If its done right a rebuilt engine and reeds should last 2 years, especially on a 250r.

Someone mustve not been right on it.

Honda or Di3, Thats because were suckin gas and haulin arse

08-30-2008, 09:06 PM
yeah haulin ur fat arse around

hey everyone check this out

funny **** (http://www.freewebs.com/bansheesuck/queerquadofthemonth.htm)

08-30-2008, 09:07 PM

hey everyone check this out

funny **** (http://www.freewebs.com/bansheesuck/queerquadofthemonth.htm)

LMFAO! Owned!

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 09:13 PM
owned? Your whole site is all 4-stroke bashing now foxhonda.

Its funny how your so jealous you made a banshee site, all the guys at the HQ are laughing at you. I posted the link over there.

08-30-2008, 09:15 PM
owned? Your whole site is all 4-stroke bashing now foxhonda.

Its funny how your so jealous you made a banshee site, all the guys at the HQ are laughing at you. I posted the link over there.

LMAO my site? i wish i made a site like that bansheesucks one because its hilarious!

blaaze416
08-30-2008, 09:17 PM

:devil: I had to laugh!

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 09:29 PM
haha, that site is being destroyed. The guys at hq are slowly starting to participate.

I mean the title of this thread explains it all:devil:

The 400 is a cool bike, but I like the shee more, and its fun destroying your site:p

blaaze416
08-30-2008, 09:36 PM
my buddies got a screamin shee. i like it a lot, but it's geared all wrong. it used to be for speed, and now it's for trails. it still has way more power than my 400, but for what we do...i think he'd even say my honda rocks! it just more usable power.
i still gotta respect the banshee, though.... cuz, like the 400ex, it was/is an icon.

powermadd400ex
08-30-2008, 09:49 PM
umm i jus read the first and last page and all i gotta say is WOW
the shee will definatly smoke the 400! anyone who think their 400ex can beat a banshee mod for mod is an ignorant dumbass :)
the site posted above was ignorant and childish. grow up and face the facts.... say it with me people ....A 400EX WILLL NOT BEAT A BANSHEEE :rolleyes:

Hondamaster5505
08-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks guys! Finally some people with common sense.

Even if you hate the shee, like blaaze said, you have to respect it.

monkeyballs
08-30-2008, 10:07 PM

Omfg man.. each cylinder is not 350cc's! Each one is 175cc's. 175 + 175 = 350 I realy dont mean 2 insult you but ****.. get your facts right...

Banshee_370
08-30-2008, 11:37 PM
wow i go riding for the day, i come home and this thing is 7 pages long......

ok number one...gas mileage? are you f*cking kidding me? thats how you know 400ex are not pure performance atvs...its given that the faster you go the more fuel you burn. look at cars...theres a reason civics get 30mpg...bc they are slow...and trans ams are fast and use more fuel......are you guys going to start saying that a civic is faster than a trans am? or a trans am is just for drag racing and if you want to hit some turns you have to own a civic....cmon now

number 2 ....my bansee has more than enough power to bring the front end up in 5th gear with no clutch on 22 inch tires...

i beat up on raptors and 450s all day with the banshee and today i was on my 400 and all i saw were tail lights as soon as we hit some straight aways or open fields.

next on the list....your little site has a wopping 11 threads and 106 views.....go over on banshee hq those are the educated banshee riders and their bikes are all top notch...not some little kid that asked daddy to buy him the biggest bike (a few years ago) and not know what hes doing with it.

anyway, the 400 is a fun bike im not knocking it at all, i rode all day with no problems, did some wheelies rode some trails and thats it....but lets stop the shananigans.....everyone say it with me "400 EX'S ARE NOT FASTER THAN BANSHEES!!!!"

justin1022
08-31-2008, 12:04 AM
im not saying your wrong but what do stock banshees top out at?

lol

bigredisb
08-31-2008, 06:18 AM
wow, wtf. If its done right a rebuilt engine and reeds should last 2 years, especially on a 250r.

Someone mustve not been right on it.

Honda or Di3, Thats because were suckin gas and haulin arse

Hondamaster we never had any 250Rs melt down but we had a lot of chipping reeds when the carbon fiber ones were catching on in the early 90's. We used both R's for ice drags and ice racing which was long wide open pulls. The hardest thing was keeping up with jetting because it would be extremely cold in the morning requiring rich jets and by the afternoon finals it would be 30+ which required constant jet differences (which is the same for both 4 and 2 strokes). Anyway I loved them but they seemed to be hard on the wallet at the time. My KX250 we changed engine parts routinely when I raced motocross
(ended not being real good at it!) because kawasaki always recommended that pistons and rings be changed at very low hours to prevent failures. Anyhow I love the 400EX. Its got the feel of my 250R chassis and torque like a mack truck.

blaaze416
08-31-2008, 08:00 AM
im not saying your wrong but what do stock banshees top out at?

lol

my buddies did 96 mph per gps, before he switched the gearing, and he just has pipes and his carb is spot on.. can't do that on a lightly modded 400ex.......sorry.

REDRIDDER
08-31-2008, 08:54 AM
"400 EX'S ARE NOT FASTER THAN BANSHEES!!!!" yeah your right a 400ex might take a Banshee off the line, but keep up or beat it no way in hell not even if it was a stock Banshee!

REDRIDDER
08-31-2008, 08:58 AM
oh and I'm neither a Banshee fan nor Yamaha fan so I'm not just defending the Banshee I'm simply stating facts.

Ruby Soho
08-31-2008, 09:04 AM
lets see, why dont you take 2 equal riders, one on a stock shee, one on a stock 400ex, and let them ride all day and see who lasts longer?

Ruby Soho
08-31-2008, 09:08 AM
and honda master, i read your thread on ban****hq, looks like your the only one whos into the hole thing.. what 2 people agreed with you?:rolleyes:

Honda10
08-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by monkeyballs
Omfg man.. each cylinder is not 350cc's! Each one is 175cc's. 175 + 175 = 350 I realy dont mean 2 insult you but ****.. get your facts right...

What are you talking about when in my post did I ever say each cylinder was 350cc, I hate when people don't read posts right.

And hondamaster what are you talking about your doing some damage to the banshee sucks fourm, you are over there talking to yourself, and you think your hurting us, the only thing you are doing is just digging yourself deeper and deeper in BS and gayness. Just give it up. And you know what I have notice a mojority of banshee owners also have another quad, cuz banshees are only fun for so long in straight lines and flat surfaces. Try taking it to an mx track you will do the famous banshee nose dive.

Hondamaster5505
08-31-2008, 10:10 AM
What are you talking about when in my post did I ever say each cylinder was 350cc, I hate when people don't read posts right.

And hondamaster what are you talking about your doing some damage to the banshee sucks fourm, you are over there talking to yourself, and you think your hurting us, the only thing you are doing is just digging yourself deeper and deeper in BS and gayness. Just give it up. And you know what I have notice a mojority of banshee owners also have another quad, cuz banshees are only fun for so long in straight lines and flat surfaces. Try taking it to an mx track you will do the famous banshee nose dive.

Im not talking to myself, just clogging it up with threads against 4-strokes.

A lot of banshee owners have quads strictly for trails. Thats it. The ride the banshee 80% of the time.
And you obviously never rode a banshee. The people who nosedive are just morons who dont set up their suspension right and sit when they jump. I have absolutely no problem jumping banshee's, and I think they fly straighter than the 400ex.

Hondamaster5505
08-31-2008, 10:10 AM
and honda master, i read your thread on ban****hq, looks like your the only one whos into the hole thing.. what 2 people agreed with you?:rolleyes:

I said over on the banshee dissing site people agreed with me. On there was 3 banshee lovers and 2 4-stroke guys. What a banshee dissing site that is:rolleyes:

justin1022
08-31-2008, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
[]

hey honda master i thiink the only reason the bahsee nose dives when most people jump is becasue they dont fly of the jump in the power band hey? thats about the only reason i can think off. unless the quad is build front heavy.

Hondamaster5505
08-31-2008, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
[]

hey honda master i thiink the only reason the bahsee nose dives when most people jump is becasue they dont fly of the jump in the power band hey? thats about the only reason i can think off. unless the quad is build front heavy.

Well, it gets kinda tricky.

If you hit it in high powerband, the front likes to go way up while your in the air. Dont hit it in powerband at all, and it nosedives. You have to find a happy medium, and get used to the bike, and its fine.

08-31-2008, 10:45 AM
everytime a banshee defender on that site says something its gets gayer and gayer lol I laugh harder everytime I see a new reply.

250x_kyle
08-31-2008, 12:15 PM
back in its maiden day the bansee was a hard core bad arse quad. most of these banshee lover were born in the 70s and were our age in the banshee 250r ehra. when you look at it back in the day it was a wicked machine and geometry may not be the best. but in the end its still a power full machine. ive rode a few adn they pull so hard. spinning may be an issue but with the right meats for the right surface and not always pinning it to win it they will haul arse.

"Never argue with an idiot they will lower you to their level and beat you with experience"

brian76708
08-31-2008, 12:31 PM
so if what all you banshee lovers are saying is true then the quad itself must not be bad the drivers must suck then because ive beet many banshees on my 400.

Banshee_370
08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by brian76708
so if what all you banshee lovers are saying is true then the quad itself must not be bad the drivers must suck then because ive beet many banshees on my 400.

maybe they cant drive...but i have yet to lose to any 400ex on my banshee, even when i was only piped with an intake i still pulled them all day long. my brother in law has a banshee with basic bolt on (intake exhaust and boost bottle) and is right behind 400ex on tight trails, even passes them every now and again...

when im on my 400 im always last of the pack, i ride with a 700 raptor, a yfz450 and one other banshee. but when im on my banshee im way ahead.

08-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
back in its maiden day the bansee was a hard core bad arse quad. most of these banshee lover were born in the 70s and were our age in the banshee 250r ehra. when you look at it back in the day it was a wicked machine and geometry may not be the best. but in the end its still a power full machine. ive rode a few adn they pull so hard. spinning may be an issue but with the right meats for the right surface and not always pinning it to win it they will haul arse.

"Never argue with an idiot they will lower you to their level and beat you with experience"

now 250r's kick a**. great geometry and a light, powerful engine. I've seen so many 250r's whoop on banshees. drag 250r beat drag banshees. in other words banshee is a waste of material, time, and effort. like said previously they were made by lighting someting on fire and throwing a brick at it they look terrible, are built pretty crappy, and most of the owners think they are all that when they are riding a huge pile of s***! so many people hate them. kids that didnt even know what the quad was or anything about quads when they saw 2 banshees go by they said to us "damn those things are annoying and they look like s***! that must be a gay quad."

Hondamaster5505
08-31-2008, 01:34 PM
now 250r's kick a**. great geometry and a light, powerful engine. I've seen so many 250r's whoop on banshees. drag 250r beat drag banshees. in other words banshee is a waste of material, time, and effort. like said previously they were made by lighting someting on fire and throwing a brick at it they look terrible, are built pretty crappy, and most of the owners think they are all that when they are riding a huge pile of s***! so many people hate them. kids that didnt even know what the quad was or anything about quads when they saw 2 banshees go by they said to us "damn those things are annoying and they look like s***! that must be a gay quad."

lmfao, your funny. You mustve been raped by a banshee way too many times.

250r's are nice quads, but way over-rated. I love how you say you've seen many 250r's beat banshee's, but you don't add the other side of the argument. I've seen countless times where banshee's walk all over 250r's, especially in the dunes. More than I see 250r's beat banshee's.
Do you understand how many variables there are? Rider, traction, quad. You can't compare a 399cc puma 250r to a stock ported banshee. That's just an unfair race.

The day you can show me a 10mil stroker banshee done by a professional being beat by a 250r, let me know.

You, sir, are very biased, and base all your facts and information strictly on the fact it's a yamaha, which goes agaist your whole "ride red" theory. Do me a favor, and just leave. You're a mislead moron that disgraces these forums to raise his post count.

And what are you doing riding with little kids:huh Everywhere I am, everyone compliments how sick they sound and think they're cool.
I also find banshee's very unique and attractive.:cool:

Honda10
08-31-2008, 01:46 PM
lmfao, your funny. You mustve been raped by a banshee way too many times.

250r's are nice quads, but way over-rated. I love how you say you've seen many 250r's beat banshee's, but you don't add the other side of the argument. I've seen countless times where banshee's walk all over 250r's, especially in the dunes. More than I see 250r's beat banshee's.
Do you understand how many variables there are? Rider, traction, quad. You can't compare a 399cc puma 250r to a stock ported banshee. That's just an unfair race.

The day you can show me a 10mil stroker banshee done by a professional being beat by a 250r, let me know.

You, sir, are very biased, and base all your facts and information strictly on the fact it's a yamaha, which goes agaist your whole "ride red" theory. Do me a favor, and just leave. You're a mislead moron that disgraces these forums to raise his post count.

And what are you doing riding with little kids:huh Everywhere I am, everyone compliments how sick they sound and think they're cool.
I also find banshee's very unique and attractive.:cool:

What, did you get help from your banshee boyfriends for that comeback.

Hondamaster5505
08-31-2008, 01:48 PM
What, did you get help from your banshee boyfriends for that comeback.

Nope, one thing you should know about me. I make all my own post's with my own info. I don't listen to other people telling me what to say.

Only once, but a while back.

procircuit406ex
08-31-2008, 01:53 PM

You, sir, are very biased,

Yessir..you are.

Ruby Soho
08-31-2008, 01:57 PM
what you dont get is a 250r is only a single cylinder 2 stroke, and it holds its own in power compared to a banshee. the 250r is not over rated in any way, its is the best handling quad, delivers good power and it shines every where.

enough of this arguing. a banshee is an alright quad, im not saying not to use it anywhere, but in my opinion (and obviously many others) they're best used in a straight line. why would i go buy a banshee to ride in the woods, when i could buy a 400ex thats 100x better for the application? theres no point, unless your highly obsessed with them. and it seems hondamaster, that you are a great example of that.

08-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Nope, one thing you should know about me. I make all my own post's with my own info. I don't listen to other people telling me what to say.

Only once, but a while back.

rofl thats BS. i've seen you make post from others info. and raped by a banshee... in halo yes, on a quad deffinately not. banshees only rape the rider because the ride is so sucky. how are 250r's overrated? they are amazing. look at all the old racing videos. most people had a 250r and you would see myabe 1 or 2 guy on banshees not leading the pack. face facts man the banshee isnt all that and it never was nor will be. have you ever been to the dunes yourself in person to see 250r's vs banshees? and where do you get little kids? you yourself, 14 years old. thats not exactly an adult and considered a kid. no matter what you say you end up making it worse because your being proven wrong or mocked for your lack in information and stuff. just stop man your not getting anywhere with it your trying to win a battle where you already lost.

Hondamaster5505
08-31-2008, 02:51 PM
rofl thats BS. i've seen you make post from others info. and raped by a banshee... in halo yes, on a quad deffinately not. banshees only rape the rider because the ride is so sucky. how are 250r's overrated? they are amazing. look at all the old racing videos. most people had a 250r and you would see myabe 1 or 2 guy on banshees not leading the pack. face facts man the banshee isnt all that and it never was nor will be. have you ever been to the dunes yourself in person to see 250r's vs banshees? and where do you get little kids? you yourself, 14 years old. thats not exactly an adult and considered a kid. no matter what you say you end up making it worse because your being proven wrong or mocked for your lack in information and stuff. just stop man your not getting anywhere with it your trying to win a battle where you already lost.
I already lost? haha, your a dumbass. You still havent provided one decent ounce of factual information. Just what you think and want to be true.

The banshee was, and still is all that. Especially in the dunes.

250r's are nice, but the banshee has much more exciting power. Thats my opinion, yours is different.

Try telling these guys the banshee is only for straight line..
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rOUP-q5beEY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rOUP-q5beEY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hondamaster5505
08-31-2008, 02:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvRbeOxyTFE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvRbeOxyTFE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hondamaster5505
08-31-2008, 02:54 PM
and don't forget this. Supercross in montreal. 250r got first and second (big in part of the rider) but a banshee took 3rd. No 4-strokes (400ex/raptors) even made a podium finish.

Check it out
http://www.montrealsupercross.com/Video.aspx?no=121

08-31-2008, 03:03 PM
I already lost? haha, your a dumbass. You still havent provided one decent ounce of factual information. Just what you think and want to be true.

The banshee was, and still is all that. Especially in the dunes.

250r's are nice, but the banshee has much more exciting power. Thats my opinion, yours is different.

Try telling these guys the banshee is only for straight line..
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rOUP-q5beEY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rOUP-q5beEY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i will tell them that if i can find out how to talk to them. they arent taking sharp turns or doing curvy things. they are going straight or making long turns.

Ruby Soho
08-31-2008, 03:18 PM
and don't forget this. Supercross in montreal. 250r got first and second (big in part of the rider) but a banshee took 3rd. No 4-strokes (400ex/raptors) even made a podium finish.

Check it out

yeah all the lappers are on the 4 strokes. the 250r was still champ back then

08-31-2008, 03:23 PM

Check it out

you are right a big part was the rider thats the only reason the banshee made a podium ever.

big95xj
08-31-2008, 06:34 PM
I would like to know what kind of cash it would take to HEAVILY modify these banshees that we see in the videos? I HAVE NEVER RIDDEN A BANSHEE but i dont think they are what you guys say they are. Yeah they may be fast but like the ones in the videos how much money did that take and what kind of work could you do to a 400ex with the same cash? Its like someone said earlier, honda civic and Camaro. With what one might spend on the civic to make it fast they could have had a Camaro that would destroy it. Its all personal preference in my opinoin. I prefer Honda and ride what i can afford. I wish i could afford to dump a load of money into my 400 ex and make it sick like half the quads on here. BUT it is what my wallet can handle, i love riding, im 20 years old, i had a beautiful 1988 IROC-Z camaro, my wife had our first child, i work 70 hours a week to pay the bills, so i need a machine that is reliable, so i traded my camaro for the 400. I would never be able to maintain a banshee or anything like that. But the 400 keeps me in the woods. Thats my opinoin. Thats why i prefer the 400 over the banshee...

08-31-2008, 06:48 PM
camaro vs civic though i've seen some pretty quick civics. k20 turbo civic running 11 in the 1/4 and it was a super cheap car. but yeah the drag banshees arent cheap and are not worth putting that much into to what spin the tires more or just suck down even more gas?

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 02:31 AM
yeah all the lappers are on the 4 strokes. the 250r was still champ back then

Yeah, I miss the good ol days.:( There was such a variety. 250r's, banshee's, 400ex's, raptors, lt250r's, etc. Now all you see is 450's and 450's only.

The reason the 250r's were top dog in mx back then was the fact the engine was way faster than the 4-strokes, and also had better geometry than the banshee's. For a banshee to get a podium finish like in that video, it takes a lot of rider skill and the right set up bike, so I still give him props for placing third on a banshee with not so great ergo's.

To try to answer foxhonda and big95 at the same time. What they did to those banshee's is nothing the 450 guys dont do to their bikes. With a -2 swingarm, +2 +1 a-arms, axle, and some decent boingers, you change the geometry some and it handles and hooks up much better. By moving the whole wheelbase up you sit more over the wheels thus hooking up better.

My dream banshee, which I someday hope to own, is a 250r geometry chassis. I believe it's called the laeger Protrax. Gives the banshee 250r handling while retaining it's sick engine and powerband.
Ive seen them around, but they're so expensive. But down the road, once im older and am starting to make a decent buck, im definitely looking for one.

REDRIDDER
09-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Wow this thread is like the Energizer bunny. Keeps going and going and......lol

blaaze416
09-01-2008, 10:18 AM
better than my mom's old soap opera's for sure....
just waiting for today's episode to start!!

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by blaaze416
better than my mom's old soap opera's for sure....
just waiting for today's episode to start!!

hahaha, my mom watches that corny days of our lives show. What corny dramatic crap, lmao.

justin1022
09-01-2008, 10:23 AM
hahaha, my mom watches that corny days of our lives show. What corny dramatic crap, lmao.

haha my grandma watches that it sure is dramatic ha.

rideracelivemx7
09-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by big95xj
I would like to know what kind of cash it would take to HEAVILY modify these banshees that we see in the videos? I HAVE NEVER RIDDEN A BANSHEE but i dont think they are what you guys say they are. Yeah they may be fast but like the ones in the videos how much money did that take and what kind of work could you do to a 400ex with the same cash? Its like someone said earlier, honda civic and Camaro. With what one might spend on the civic to make it fast they could have had a Camaro that would destroy it. Its all personal preference in my opinoin. I prefer Honda and ride what i can afford. I wish i could afford to dump a load of money into my 400 ex and make it sick like half the quads on here. BUT it is what my wallet can handle, i love riding, im 20 years old, i had a beautiful 1988 IROC-Z camaro, my wife had our first child, i work 70 hours a week to pay the bills, so i need a machine that is reliable, so i traded my camaro for the 400. I would never be able to maintain a banshee or anything like that. But the 400 keeps me in the woods. Thats my opinoin. Thats why i prefer the 400 over the banshee...

lmao the money it takes to make a banshee as powerful as theres is as much as it costs to powder coat a frame haha. the money it takes to build an ex to go that fast or have that much power is remarkable. i spent 600 on the top end on my 440 and was still unimpressed. itll take another 350 on the head alone in some porting and another 300 in stroker crank to feel what a 5 over cc in a stroke will feel haha. its ammusing. i had an 86 cr125 back in the day that gain as much power from the seat of the pants from a .20 over on the piston to the 40 over AND cammed ex. its remarkable how much a 2stroke feels from the slightest mods vs a heavily modded 4 poke, the banshee in that video. might be done up, but if you toss a set of reeds. 130 in a 2stroke and a pipe. tahts 350 FOR THE SYSTEM. youve bolted on a whole new motor. now lets go too a 4 stroke. BIG bore out the arse. to gaine a little. ported head to feel some love. and a whoe exhaust sytem. now tahts breaking the bank. 300 for a header? come on. and 250+ for a slip on.EW and add a stroker crank and por tthe hell out of the 4poke and youve succesfully been able to pull a 2 stroke off the line, yet not in the drag lol

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 03:42 PM
lmao the money it takes to make a banshee as powerful as theres is as much as it costs to powder coat a frame haha. the money it takes to build an ex to go that fast or have that much power is remarkable. i spent 600 on the top end on my 440 and was still unimpressed. itll take another 350 on the head alone in some porting and another 300 in stroker crank to feel what a 5 over cc in a stroke will feel haha. its ammusing. i had an 86 cr125 back in the day that gain as much power from the seat of the pants from a .20 over on the piston to the 40 over AND cammed ex. its remarkable how much a 2stroke feels from the slightest mods vs a heavily modded 4 poke, the banshee in that video. might be done up, but if you toss a set of reeds. 130 in a 2stroke and a pipe. tahts 350 FOR THE SYSTEM. youve bolted on a whole new motor. now lets go too a 4 stroke. BIG bore out the arse. to gaine a little. ported head to feel some love. and a whoe exhaust sytem. now tahts breaking the bank. 300 for a header? come on. and 250+ for a slip on.EW and add a stroker crank and por tthe hell out of the 4poke and youve succesfully been able to pull a 2 stroke off the line, yet not in the drag lol

Exactly, haha.

Banshee
Pipes- $300
head milled- $60
Porting- $300
Reeds- $40
Total: $700 and one kick @ss machine.

450:
Exhaust: $500
Porting- $300
Cam- $100
Big-bore- $400
Total- $1300 just to keep up and slightly beat on occasion a ported banshee.

2-strokes benefit from mods much more, and are much cheaper to build. Not to mention easier to fix when something goes wrong, and being almost half as expensive as rebuilding a 4-stroke.
EDIT: you ever get that 250r?

09-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Exactly, haha.

Banshee
Pipes- $300
head milled- $60
Porting- $300
Reeds- $40
Total: $700 and one kick @ss machine.

450:
Exhaust: $500
Porting- $300
Cam- $100
Big-bore- $400
Total- $1300 just to keep up and slightly beat on occasion a ported banshee.

2-strokes benefit from mods much more, and are much cheaper to build. Not to mention easier to fix when something goes wrong, and being almost half as expensive as rebuilding a 4-stroke.
EDIT: you ever get that 250r?

where do you find banshee pipes for $300? they must be used and crap. and where do you get $500 for a 450 exhaust?

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 04:15 PM
where do you find banshee pipes for $300? they must be used and crap. and where do you get $500 for a 450 exhaust?

look on bansheehq and craigslist. For some top name pipes, like CPI, toomey, etc, they sell for around $300 for a full set in good shape.

For a top quality 450 system, (DASA, Yoshimura, etc) ive seen them anywhere from $450-$550 in same condition as mentioned banshee pipes above.

09-01-2008, 04:40 PM
look on bansheehq and craigslist. For some top name pipes, like CPI, toomey, etc, they sell for around $300 for a full set in good shape.

For a top quality 450 system, (DASA, Yoshimura, etc) ive seen them anywhere from $450-$550 in same condition as mentioned banshee pipes above.

thats wrong! i've seen plenty of used 450 pipes that are $300 and well under $450. your trying to make up stuff about 450 stuff being expensive when if you buy used like you were for the banshee then its not that different. For all the performance mods I have in my quad I paid $205. thats jets and all. my quad isnt slow but its pretty fast for $205 worth of mods. 450's eat up banshees. I've seen plenty of 450's making 60+ HP. in case you didnt know they are sarting to really figure out the 4 strokes. it use to be the 250 2 stroke could run with the 450 4 stroke. now the 450's are ahead of the game and the 250 2 strokes are not the most powerful. The banshee is powerful but what do you expect with twin cylinders, twin carbs, dual pipes. Its the handling and mods to make a banshee good is why its not a good quad at all. Supension sucks, you said it needs a - swingarm to get traction... the banshee shines in the dunes because it doesnt have to do a lot of turning and everyone knows they are pretty much all topend quads and rev to like 12,000 rpm so climbing a huge dune 12,000 rpm is high enough where its not going to loose all its power.

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 04:54 PM
thats wrong! i've seen plenty of used 450 pipes that are $300 and well under $450. your trying to make up stuff about 450 stuff being expensive when if you buy used like you were for the banshee then its not that different. For all the performance mods I have in my quad I paid $205. thats jets and all. my quad isnt slow but its pretty fast for $205 worth of mods. 450's eat up banshees. I've seen plenty of 450's making 60+ HP. in case you didnt know they are sarting to really figure out the 4 strokes. it use to be the 250 2 stroke could run with the 450 4 stroke. now the 450's are ahead of the game and the 250 2 strokes are not the most powerful. The banshee is powerful but what do you expect with twin cylinders, twin carbs, dual pipes. Its the handling and mods to make a banshee good is why its not a good quad at all. Supension sucks, you said it needs a - swingarm to get traction... the banshee shines in the dunes because it doesnt have to do a lot of turning and everyone knows they are pretty much all topend quads and rev to like 12,000 rpm so climbing a huge dune 12,000 rpm is high enough where its not going to loose all its power.

450's eat up banshee's?

Oooooh, 60hp! thats amazing! I guess when Just a simple banshee with a dune port and head with pipes that puts out 65-70hp isnt impressive? You also failed to mention that you need a big-bore with porting on the 450 just to get that 60hp.

Yeah, they are finally makings some fast 4-strokes. And technology has came a long way, and even I was impressed when I first rode a 450. Very ballsy and a ton of fun. And I always tell people that it's just about as fast as a non-ported banshee.

But 60hp is NOT impressive compared to what the banshee is capable of.
While the banshee is not up to todays standards in suspension and geometry, the engine is still legendary.
So what if it needs a few suspension mods to make it handle good. It's worth it for the engine to me.

Oh, and back to the other subject on horsepower, this bike also amazes me. A 250r with a puma 399cc kit. Yeah, it's a 250r, but Im a 2-stroke guy and like all sorts of 2-strokes.
50cc's shy of a 450 and still almost double the hp.

REDRIDDER
09-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Attention!!! Hondamaster5505 & FoxHondaRider Pinks is looking for some quad racers, you two would be prefect candidates.LOL

09-01-2008, 04:59 PM
yeah exactly thats why the 250r is better. its lighter, best handling, and can whoop some arse.

09-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Attention!!! Hondamaster5505 & FoxHondaRider Pinks is looking for some quad racers, you two would be prefect candidates.LOL

that would be awesome!

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 05:02 PM
that would be awesome!

Hell yeah! I would do it. Especially on pavement. Unless you want to do 400 to 400, the banshee would make it unfair:cool: lmao.

But fox, you think that is awesome power? Let me make 2 post's before you say anything.

Candidate #1

2006 TRX450ER - 511 cc's
Venom Porting and Kibblewhite +1 valvetrain
Venom 14.25:1 Piston
Venom Modified ESR Intake
Venom Modified 43mm FCR Carb
Early HRC Cam
Venom Exhaust
HotRods +3 Stroker
MaxPower Ice Cube 100mm Cylinder

REDRIDDER
09-01-2008, 05:04 PM
man you 2 been going at it for days now lmao,both of you should just call it quits, but hey if not I love reading the drama lol.

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 05:04 PM
You saw 61hp there, correct? And how built that engine is?

Now check this.

Banshee
Trinity 400 Cub Cylinders
Trinity 4mil stroke
Trinity 35mm Carbs
Trinity STG 4 pipes
Dynatek Box
16t From Sprocket
K&N Filter
Pump Gas
All New bearings and seal.
+6 Swingarm

Now if you say that isnt impressive, than you're just kidding yourself.

Like I said earlier, banshee has much more potential. This one running on pump gas puts out this amount of power. And it's only a 4mil. They make up to 22mil.

09-01-2008, 05:06 PM
yeah 511cc and only 61hp i have seen more without the bore

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Now you tell me fox, have you ever seen a 100hp 450 that isn't turbo'd?

No. So face it, you lose. 100hp out of a 421 cub is pretty damn impressive, and you know it.

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 05:10 PM
So, smart one, what kinda comeback do you have for that?

No 450 will produce 100hp on pump gas without some sort of power adder like a turbo.

I wish I could find a dyno of a 10mil to throw in your face.

Or the 771 DMX Cheetah kit. Thats for a good 150+hp

09-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Now you tell me fox, have you ever seen a 100hp 450 that isn't turbo'd?

No. So face it, you lose. 100hp out of a 421 cub is pretty damn impressive, and you know it.

no i dont loose. 421cc 2 stroke twin cylinder should make that power. we arent talkin all engines here the banshee itself is a piece of shat. the frame and everything on it is crap. the only thing hey got right was the motor.

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 05:19 PM
no i dont loose. 421cc 2 stroke twin cylinder should make that power. we arent talkin all engines here the banshee itself is a piece of shat. the frame and everything on it is crap. the only thing hey got right was the motor.

The only reason the frame is crap is the front end. They placed the a-arms too far apart and not too much of an angle. So the front is like a box. The frame itself is strong.

The aftermarket frames have that kfx450 design type front, well close to it.

But as it is, with a proper suspension set up, and a shorter swingarm, the banshee's aren't really bad bikes. My dads has been reliable so far, even when compression got low a while back. Still idled like a champ and didn't smoke. Even started on 1 or 2 kicks when it was tired.

The chassis components and all that hasnt bent or anything.

as I said before, with a bit of handling upgrades they're awesome.

What I want to do is the yfz conversion. Its been done before. I banshee engine in a yfz frame.

REDRIDDER
09-01-2008, 05:29 PM
breaking tension.

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 05:32 PM
breaking tension.

hahaha.

Fox, lets just stop. Me and you will never agree when it comes to the 450 vs banshee debate.

Lets leave it at we like what we like, and nothing will change yours and my mind.

REDRIDDER
09-01-2008, 05:35 PM
hahaha.

Fox, lets just stop. Me and you will never agree when it comes to the 450 vs banshee debate.

Lets leave it at we like what we like, and nothing will change yours and my mind. You two must ready to enter the UFC with all the rage inside both of you lol.

powermadd400ex
09-01-2008, 05:37 PM

What I want to do is the yfz conversion. Its been done before. I banshee engine in a yfz frame.

you mean this?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyKufiJR8xM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyKufiJR8xM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lw9NPWV5id4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lw9NPWV5id4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
you mean this?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyKufiJR8xM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyKufiJR8xM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lw9NPWV5id4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lw9NPWV5id4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HELL YEAH!!:cool:

REDRIDDER
09-01-2008, 05:47 PM
powermadd400ex
your dog wants to get rolled by the tire lol.

pro-rider46
09-01-2008, 05:53 PM
that dyno of the 511, was sandmanblues. running venom parts(arent a favorite of mine). DRG(chad502ex) has made a 450r put out 65hp on a stock bore. what banshee with out a big bore puts out 65 hp?

powermadd400ex
09-01-2008, 06:05 PM
powermadd400ex
your dog wants to get rolled by the tire lol.
haha yea it does
its not my vid. i just found it on youtube. hell i wish it was mine :D

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
that dyno of the 511, was sandmanblues. running venom parts(arent a favorite of mine). DRG(chad502ex) has made a 450r put out 65hp on a stock bore. what banshee with out a big bore puts out 65 hp?

No problem. Just saw this.

Its a 358 cc (.040 over) with wiseco's, stock cut head for race gas, RB Racing full port on stock cylinder, case ported, V-Force 3 reeds, In-frame pipes, 34mm PJ carbs, 55 pilots, CGM middle, 155 mains, Lock-up clutch.

So its stock cylinder stock stroke.

Keep in mind that this doesnt even have a stroker crank or big bore.

pro-rider46
09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
do you have proof that is what is all done to that machine. that dyno must read high,because 80 hp is hard to believe for that little mods.

p.s. i saw stock bore,not cylinders.

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 06:34 PM
do you have proof that is what is all done to that machine. that dyno must read high,because 80 hp is hard to believe for that little mods.

p.s. i saw stock bore,not cylinders.

No, they are stock cylinders ported to the hill. On their second or 3rd bore over. 0.040

Its in the dyno section when you type banshee in the search. Or you can pm machwon. It's his thread he made with the dyno sheets and mod list.

09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
You two must ready to enter the UFC with all the rage inside both of you lol.

ROFL i'm ready as ever! i cant just beat the crap out of someone for something like this though they would have to have done something physically to me. but yeah i'll keep it going because its entertaining

thats right!

REDRIDDER
09-01-2008, 06:55 PM
OK seriously has anyone ever tried to put a Banshee engine into 400ex/450r/250r frame lol this would be interesting!!!! Just a thought.

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 07:05 PM
OK seriously has anyone ever tried to put a Banshee engine into 400ex/450r/250r frame lol this would be interesting!!!! Just a thought.

yeah, in a yfz frame like above. lol. Theres a video and a build thread over at bansheehq of it.

It looks so much fun. Banshee power with modern handling.

REDRIDDER
09-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Banshee power with modern handling. Yes exactly.

09-01-2008, 07:12 PM
cant make fun of the banshee motor in a yfz frame. but i can still dis it for being a yamaha rofl do that with the single carb and 2 into 1 pipes to get more lowend along with 4 degree timing advance and it wouldnt be so bad.

powermadd400ex
09-01-2008, 07:13 PM
that would be amazing to ride!
that would a MX machine :eek:

Snipe
09-01-2008, 07:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2abSVnsfYLo&feature=related

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 07:18 PM
cant make fun of the banshee motor in a yfz frame. but i can still dis it for being a yamaha rofl do that with the single carb and 2 into 1 pipes to get more lowend along with 4 degree timing advance and it wouldnt be so bad.

Yuck. 2-1 pipes? They suck. The power isnt much more than stock, just ads low-end for the most part.

The pipes like mine have a pretty steady pull but still snap when it hits high-rpm. Thats how a banshee should be.

But with GOOD pipes and a timing advance and carb, along with a 450 chassis, it would have to be the coolest quad ever built. Higher compression would also help.

Ive been looking, but none seem to be popping up anywhere. If I find a yfz rolling chassis, ill part out the chassis on the shee and buy the yfz chassis

Snipe
09-01-2008, 07:22 PM
And before you say it no that isnt me or my fourwheeler just a vid I found. My 08 is white and black lol.

Hondamaster5505
09-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Snipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2abSVnsfYLo&feature=related

That vid is such BS.

1) The banshee had an unfair advantage. That looked like some really, really loose dirt.

2) You can see when the guy on the banshee did get a good start, and some traction, he smoked the 400ex.

3) Almost every race, even when the banshee didn't hook up, right after the camera the banshee ripped past the 400ex because it got rolling.

4) The one with the cr250, 400ex, and banshee, the banshee kept up with the CR and the 400ex was smoked.

Snipe
09-01-2008, 07:32 PM
From what im seeing in not just that one vid but lots of vids it all depends on who is riding. The only way to tell who is better on them would be to run 3 or 4 races and see who wins then switch quads and do the same. Judge by how far the winner of the races one by how many bike lengths and judge by how the take off's were.

You will notice in the vids there was a couple times when either bike had crappy take off's and the other of course won. but from what I have seen and such the bike dont make it its the rider that makes it.

I could have the fastest street bike in the world under my legs but never have drivin one im guessing I would be beat by a 80cc quad lmao.

All these dirt track drag races comes down to his hole shot. If you can get the jump over the other guy there is a pretty good chance your gonna win cause you have to remember in a drag your not racing the guy in the other lane your racing the timer.

09-01-2008, 07:39 PM
man that sparks x6 must give that much more power because if you look at his other videos he is whoopin on some z400, 450 and stuff like that

smorris1
09-01-2008, 07:40 PM
I am a 400ex guy but this is BAD A**!!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhgbh75wDRQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhgbh75wDRQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

REDRIDDER
09-01-2008, 07:43 PM
What if ?:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

smorris1
09-01-2008, 07:47 PM
HAHAH, THAT WOULD BE CRAZY!!!!

Honda10
09-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Holy crap I was reading the previous post to catch up and another two pages pop up. So I think this is a statement most can agree with a banshee needs some work done to become a trail beast as the 400ex is, and a 400ex needs some work done to become a drag quad. The reason why you two are argueing is because one off of you is a phyco crazy banshee fanatic, and the other one is 400ex fanatic that hates banshees. Just give it up both of you and move on. And get back to the subject which is "My 400ex is slow" Which it really isnt.

09-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Just give it up both of you and move on. And get back to the subject which is "My 400ex is slow" Which it really isnt.

heck no this is too much fun and entertaining!

pro-rider46
09-01-2008, 09:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/36HjK7tiNLg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/36HjK7tiNLg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cough

09-01-2008, 09:19 PM
pro-rider46 glad to see someone on my side

Pipeless416
09-02-2008, 10:32 AM
children..:rolleyes: whatever, it gave me something to read during an HOUR and FORTY minute class lol. i think you'll both have to agree to disagree. little girls.

rappin_ernie
06-12-2009, 09:37 AM
well, a 400ex will not have the power of the banshee, but you may have a slipping clutch. If it feels like your power just goes away in higher gears, 3,4,5, and especially in higher RPM's, your clutch is probably slipping. It may feel normal in 1,2, even 3, but it can still slip when you need more power to the rear wheels.

416exman21
06-12-2009, 12:05 PM
i ride my 416 more than anything and i spank 450's all day and out run a stock banshee til top end--and if a banshee came along well i guess i would have to roll out my 21 year old zilla and let him taste wha true 2 stoke power is -it will eat banshee's for a snack and keep rollin--and my friend just got through with his hybrid lt250r (zilla motor) it's sick--(yamaha sucks) talk to dr.q who getting over 50 hp out of a lt250r with a 270,,q kit.....and who know what he gets out the zilla

Pipeless416
06-12-2009, 02:52 PM
this is one of those threads that just shouldn't have been brought back..

416exman21
06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
i think its funny-welcome too the dark side bansheeboy at least we have cookies lol

06-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by 416exman21
i ride my 416 more than anything and i spank 450's all day and out run a stock banshee til top end--and if a banshee came along well i guess i would have to roll out my 21 year old zilla and let him taste wha true 2 stoke power is -it will eat banshee's for a snack and keep rollin--and my friend just got through with his hybrid lt250r (zilla motor) it's sick--(yamaha sucks) talk to dr.q who getting over 50 hp out of a lt250r with a 270,,q kit.....and who know what he gets out the zilla

LOL, You go ahead and be all badass with your quadzilla. Not only were they a pain in the *** to start, and break your leg when they backfire, and barely ran, and broke parts constantly, I guess they were cool.

Read some of the old shootouts. The banshee and zilla were right on par with each other. The zilla is like a 4-stroke 2-stroke. More of a trail low-end powerband.

And holy thread miners.:eek2:

powermadd400ex
06-12-2009, 08:44 PM
ugh not this thread again :/

honda400-4-ever
06-12-2009, 08:59 PM
i dont understand why people think banshee's are faster than the lt 500's. if u think about it they are about the same weight, both two-stroke, and both made for sand duning/hill climbing/going FAST!! so the zilla would definatly win (havn't seen them race) because of the bigger engine.

ALSO i own a 400ex and very proud of it!! :D BUT i think the banshee's are still kick asrs. i totally respect the machine. of course a 400ex will beat the banshee in a drag from begining to half way but once the banshee gets in it high gear POWERband it will be leaving the 400 in dust...just because thats the way 2-strokes run. For Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIrGZmouhPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIrGZmouhPE

Thats a 2-stroke for ya.

P.S. the banshee when STOCK is terrible in the woods because of the high-end gearing. but like DMC400ex said if you put a 12 tooth front sprocket, better a-arms, and better front shocks than it will completely RIP in the woods but probably not in the really tight stuff...but hel1 what sport quad will ;).....WAIT the 400ex can!! personal experience this shi1 was crazy rough with boulders the size of your quad.

FORUM ENDED :devil:

Gibson
06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
My dad has a Zilla and it rips. he's adjusted the powervalve where the powerband hits right off idle and it pulls until it tops out, it's WAY too much for trails. I have a banshee, i'm in the process of saving up to completely rebuild it. I've never ridden one so i'm not gonna talk sh*t about them. But the secret to making a two stroke reliable and perform at it's best is to have it jetted to perfection and maintain it. If you don't change the oil regularly, get the pre-mix right, and/or have the carb(s) jetted right, it will not last long at all. Two-strokes are for people who like to fine-tune and tinker.

06-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by honda400-4-ever
i dont understand why people think banshee's are faster than the lt 500's. if u think about it they are about the same weight, both two-stroke, and both made for sand duning/hill climbing/going FAST!! so the zilla would definatly win (havn't seen them race) because of the bigger engine.

*Keep in mind im making this a regular conversation and not a fight, im sick of fighting on this site*

just because the zilla has 500cc's does not mean it is faster. The banshee and the zilla are two completely different bikes. I kinda compare the zilla to the DS650. A large, long travel, torque monster. Whereas the banshee is well... a banshee. High-RPM torque and a violent powerband.

The two power-wise and drag-wise are almost identical. Stock for stock mod for mod. That's because where the banshee lacks in bottom end torque of the quadzilla, it makes up for in the fact it's a twin cylinder that screams to the moon.

So drag racing is damn close between the two. The zilla won't "smoke" the banshee.

Zilla= Heavier, single cylinder, torque
Banshee= Lighter, twin cylinder, high rpm

They are both completely different. And both are fast as hell.

Gibson
06-12-2009, 09:27 PM
DMC, clean out your inbox. I'm tryin to send you a PM and it wont let me

honda400-4-ever
06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Really DMC400EX check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNOMaqgBsw&feature=PlayList&p=2055934DFDCAABEE&index=19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfoNw_EpxuM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D77Mrs4mJ-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oScuM0JGRy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tLkMvDFg7Y

FROM BEGINING TO END...........OWNAGE!!:devil:

06-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Gibson

ok, ill do it right now.

And dude, honda-400, video's aren't nothing. I KNOW I can find vids of a banshee beating a quadzilla. That's why I never liked youtube, theres two many variables and too many different outcomes.
In the old shootouts, back in the 80's, the zilla and banshee were constantly battling. They did drag runs, and the two were always consistent. The banshee was never more then 2 quad lengths away. Then they had a shootout of modded, trinity built ones. Once again, the banshee was only behind about 2 lengths.;)

06-13-2009, 05:26 AM
And, honda-400, I am going to be nice about this. PLEASE.. for the last time, ride these quads before you start saying one is better or one handle's better or whatever. You have never ridden a banshee, or a zilla. So where do you have the right to say one is faster? Now if you did ride both I would have a little more respect for your opinion, but this is all just ignorant statements with nothing to back them up.:(

06-13-2009, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Gibson

Empty boss:D

416exman21
06-13-2009, 05:42 AM
i'm sorry for the zilla haters but get on my level- nobody cares bout reading a shootout(real life ex. is where its all at)the only thing i have got beat by was a hybrid lt250r with the zilla motor 540 (fast).and had a banshee with a 420 kit that was close but i still got him in the long run.......(anythings can be faster...it all depends whos wallet is deeper)

06-13-2009, 05:45 AM
i'm sorry for the zilla haters but get on my level- nobody cares bout reading a shootout(real life ex. is where its all at)the only thing i have got beat by was a hybrid lt250r with the zilla motor 540 (fast).and had a banshee with a 420 kit that was close but i still got him in the long run.......(anythings can be faster...it all depends whos wallet is deeper)

I never said I was a zilla hater. I absolutely love those things, and would kill to have one in my garage next to my shee:D I just don't trust them that much as far as reliability. One of those bikes that runs like a raped ape... if you can get it started lol. I heard Dr. Q made a decompression for it though.

Yes, I prefer banshee's more, but I definitely ain't a zilla hater. I love all 2-strokes.

honda400-4-ever
06-13-2009, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by honda400-4-ever
ALSO i own a 400ex and very proud of it!! :D BUT i think the banshee's are still kick asrs. i totally respect the machine.
ACTUALLY i rode my buddies banshee last weekend . it made me shi1 my pants!!

416exman21
06-13-2009, 07:17 AM
you just have to be a man to crank them --i have had a cr500 since i was 15 and it did suck --guess i just got used to it- first kick everytime fire's up and i think i shart evertime i ride that thing---the cr500 is scary as hell -the zilla not as bad>>>it take a lil more kick to get it started with stuff done(i have huge legs thanks to the 500 stokes)

honda400-4-ever
06-13-2009, 08:09 AM
u should try to kick start an old harley-davidson shovelhead!!! now that takes patience. :devil:

quadbod
06-13-2009, 12:07 PM
I can't belive this thread is still going. Seems like its turned into a slagging match.

Both quads are good, but, something is only as good as "one" tinks it is.

gcart2
06-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
I never said I was a zilla hater. I absolutely love those things, and would kill to have one in my garage next to my shee:D I just don't trust them that much as far as reliability. One of those bikes that runs like a raped ape... if you can get it started lol. I heard Dr. Q made a decompression for it though.

Yes, I prefer banshee's more, but I definitely ain't a zilla hater. I love all 2-strokes.

shees look ten time better than zillas but it stands no chance against a zilla. i have been to glamis and zillas own.

MyKe2g3
06-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Dont know what all the fuss is about which 2 stroke is better Zilla 500s are prob the fastest stock 2strokes but a banshee as well as honda 250r and kawi tecates can beat them. Ive dragged against a few zillas on my 265r and beat em bad. As far as trails go i wouldnt ride a shee or zilla on a tight course lol thats what the honda 250r excels at. Because both the shee and zilla will more than likely break on you thats why you dont see many hold up.

BakerRacing40
06-14-2009, 12:35 AM
all i can say is wow...... some people on this tread have gotten really butt hurt, i did get a couple laughs out of it though.
shee vs 400ex? lol not even going to go there... imo shees are not for me, you want a pipe buy 2, carb buy 2, opps need a piston o need 2, etc.

416exman21
06-14-2009, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by MyKe2g3
Dont know what all the fuss is about which 2 stroke is better Zilla 500s are prob the fastest stock 2strokes but a banshee as well as honda 250r and kawi tecates can beat them. Ive dragged against a few zillas on my 265r and beat em bad. As far as trails go i wouldnt ride a shee or zilla on a tight course lol thats what the honda 250r excels at. Because both the shee and zilla will more than likely break on you thats why you dont see many hold up.

thats a joke my 416 is a equal match with my friend 290r --yea right 265 vs. zilla shouldn't even have to think bout that 1.....(he prob had a piece or he just wasn't gettin own it lol and kawi tecate is the slowest out their compered to the 250 r and lt250r---i am sorry to bust ur bubble but the lt250r powervalve is the fastest 250 out there.....

06-14-2009, 07:20 AM

woah woah woah what...?!? lol. You're kidding me right? Banshee's don't hold up? That's because the majority of banshee owners are *******s that don't know how to maintain them.

Try telling us they don't hold up. We've had my dad's shee for years now, and even when the thing was running 68psi per cylinder she STILL started in the first 3 kicks and ran good on the top end.
NEVER EVER once broke down on us, because it's tuned right and maintained.

rappin_ernie
06-14-2009, 09:39 AM
thats a joke my 416 is a equal match with my friend 290r --yea right 265 vs. zilla shouldn't even have to think bout that 1.....(he prob had a piece or he just wasn't gettin own it lol and kawi tecate is the slowest out their compered to the 250 r and lt250r---i am sorry to bust ur bubble but the lt250r powervalve is the fastest 250 out there.....

Actually, back in 87', the Tecate-4 was the fastest of the three 250's. At least in stock form.

Pipeless416
06-14-2009, 11:43 AM
i thought this was the 400ex section? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MyKe2g3
06-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I own a highly built banshee and you are crazy as hell if you think a banshee will hold up after serious mods. Your stock like shee may hold up but once you start getting built such as boring engine changing carbs etc its hard to get to last long. It doesnt matter what maintence or fine tuning you do it still wont be nearly reliable as an R. Oh and the fellow who was calling bs on the 265r beating the zilla. His Zilla was in great shape and set up more for drags than my trail built R. No offense your 416ex is no match for a good rider on a 250r thats running right. The R is lighter and has better acceleration than a stock like ex.

Pipeless416
06-14-2009, 05:23 PM

06-14-2009, 07:06 PM
The 400ex is slow now days. Sometimes you just have to accept your not on the fastest thing and your ride is slow. You can make it get up and go. Are you a drag racer because 5th gear isnt that easy to get into actually needing it. Free flowing exhaust and intake should be put on. You like top end get a stage 2 hotcam and the compression setup is up to you. Or the money you spend modding it get a better base platform if thats what your looking at is top end speed and power. 450 might be the way to go.

06-14-2009, 07:20 PM
I own a highly built banshee and you are crazy as hell if you think a banshee will hold up after serious mods. Your stock like shee may hold up but once you start getting built such as boring engine changing carbs etc its hard to get to last long. It doesnt matter what maintence or fine tuning you do it still wont be nearly reliable as an R. Oh and the fellow who was calling bs on the 265r beating the zilla. His Zilla was in great shape and set up more for drags than my trail built R. No offense your 416ex is no match for a good rider on a 250r thats running right. The R is lighter and has better acceleration than a stock like ex.

Try telling that to a bunch of guys on hillclimbersforum and bansheehq. Not trying to be rude, but obviously you don't spend time and take a while to tube your banshee in properly. Even if the tuning is slightly off on a built banshee it won't last nearly as long.

Theres a bunch of guys with heavily modded cheetah cub banshee's and such on there that know their stuff and took a while to tune it, and even under harsh hillclimbing torture (Full throttle all the time) the engines still last a pretty decent while.

We never originally wanted banshee's, and thought they were crap because every one we saw ran like crap or broke down. We were those people that said.. "banshee's suck"
Until my father got a good deal on his, which was set up from a really good dealer and tuned to perfection, and our view on banshee's completely changed because we realized they aren't that bad of a bike after all. His inspired me to buy mine, which also runs excellent and starts first kick.

BakerRacing40
06-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416

lol agreed

MyKe2g3
06-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Well obviously i got the tubing down on it cause i dont bend frames lol. I got my shee tuned right but all the tuning in the world doesnt make up for the fact that they are timebombs when you start getting heavy modified. It took alot of diff combinations before i got mine right like it like it. Oh i dont have to go on another forum and ask folks about banshees I have few dozen buddies that ride them and agree with me about them. Ill put it this way out of the bikes i have its the last one ill pull out if that tells you how i feel about em.

06-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Well obviously i got the tubing down on it cause i dont bend frames lol. I got my shee tuned right but all the tuning in the world doesnt make up for the fact that they are timebombs when you start getting heavy modified. It took alot of diff combinations before i got mine right like it like it. Oh i dont have to go on another forum and ask folks about banshees I have few dozen buddies that ride them and agree with me about them. Ill put it this way out of the bikes i have its the last one ill pull out if that tells you how i feel about em.

I still find it hard to believe that it's tuned half way decent. Tuning DOES make all the difference, and 4-strokes are the ticking time bombs when modded. Banshee's can be built and reliable.

416exman21
06-14-2009, 09:09 PM

to bad mine is far from stock

Pipeless416
06-14-2009, 09:49 PM

Pipeless416
06-14-2009, 09:54 PM
obey.

06-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Tuning DOES make all the difference, and 4-strokes are the ticking time bombs when modded.

word about the ticking you ever hear a stage 3 hotcam tick? lol 4 strokes are very reliable look at automotive vehicles. no matter what it is you have to build it right to be reliable. if you dont like the 400ex then dont ride it sell it for something you will be happy with. If stock power isnt enough 1st getting on it then your not going to be happy. I'll never forget my 1st time riding a stock 400ex i thought i was on a rocket ship because the fastest thing i had been on before that was a 250ex. Soon after getting mine I needed to start planning the mods because everyone else I rode with had them all done up. I loved it when you would go to the track or local riding spots and everyone pretty much had a 400ex it was awesome. Anyways a few mods later i'm pretty happy with the power. It needs work in the suspension and handling department more than anything. I spin 1st through 3rd and theres no sidebite. It hops everywhere when hitting whoops and stuff so traction is even harder to get. Today I hit the rev limiter so hard I was sure it was gonna blow. I was on clay which is like asphalt maximum traction and its very rough if you hit bumps. I'm flying the rear end popped up and theres just this huge loud back fire and the rev limiter scared the crap out of me it was like a fuel cut or something.

Snipe
06-14-2009, 11:31 PM

all I have to say is HAHAHAHA:D

907Rider
06-15-2009, 12:57 PM
obey.
Agreed..

06-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
word about the ticking you ever hear a stage 3 hotcam tick? lol 4 strokes are very reliable look at automotive vehicles. no matter what it is you have to build it right to be reliable. if you dont like the 400ex then dont ride it sell it for something you will be happy with. If stock power isnt enough 1st getting on it then your not going to be happy. I'll never forget my 1st time riding a stock 400ex i thought i was on a rocket ship because the fastest thing i had been on before that was a 250ex. Soon after getting mine I needed to start planning the mods because everyone else I rode with had them all done up. I loved it when you would go to the track or local riding spots and everyone pretty much had a 400ex it was awesome. Anyways a few mods later i'm pretty happy with the power. It needs work in the suspension and handling department more than anything. I spin 1st through 3rd and theres no sidebite. It hops everywhere when hitting whoops and stuff so traction is even harder to get. Today I hit the rev limiter so hard I was sure it was gonna blow. I was on clay which is like asphalt maximum traction and its very rough if you hit bumps. I'm flying the rear end popped up and theres just this huge loud back fire and the rev limiter scared the crap out of me it was like a fuel cut or something.

I remember my first time riding my ATC110, and I thought that was a rocketship. lol.
Im happy with my 400ex, never said I wasn't, but it don't compare to the shee and that's my damn opinion. I would love to ditch the 400ex and get a 450, but funds don't allow for that. But otherwise, it's perfect for what I use it for. A heavy trail and backup bike.

Banshee_370
10-03-2009, 08:17 PM
wow i can't belive this thread made it to 16 pages....lol...anyway, i found the solution to my 400ex dilema......SOLD IT!!! got a 250r instead....best of both worlds

10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Banshee_370
wow i can't belive this thread made it to 16 pages....lol...anyway, i found the solution to my 400ex dilema......SOLD IT!!! got a 250r instead....best of both worlds

SWEET! 400ex handling with a 2-stroke powerplant.

Post up some pics dude!