PDA

View Full Version : I keep on seeing ppl with this

monkeyballs
08-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey a while back I looked into getting the AMR monster coil. Just what I heard was not realy any thing good.. saying it almost does not give any preformance.. or w/e But I keep on seeing ppl with this.. And im wondering is it worth the 60$? Thats it. Peace

drew416ex
08-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Its worth it to me. It helped with throttle response and low end bog.

08-28-2008, 08:15 PM
i've heard mixed reactions about it. Many say its good but some say its not worth the money.

monkeyballs
08-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Im guessing if you get the amr racing.. you also get the ngk high preformance spark plug.. Or do you just keep on using a normal one... (not 25$ lol). And where is the best place 2 get the coil in canada? Finally how ez is it 2 instal?

REDRIDDER
08-28-2008, 08:35 PM
I have one installed on my quad, it's a noticeable difference I would compare it to the Curtis sparks degree key on a stock engine but more aggressive,this doesn't change the timing or anything just makes it feel like the snappiness of the spark's key.Instant throttle response but like all modifications it will fade away like all mods do making it less noticeable to you after a while. I will say it will clean up your plug a little to seeing how it makes your fuel burn a little cleaner, I would recommend this product.That's my opinion of it at least.;)

REDRIDDER
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by monkeyballs
Im guessing if you get the amr racing.. you also get the ngk high preformance spark plug.. Or do you just keep on using a normal one... (not 25$ lol). And where is the best place 2 get the coil in canada? Finally how ez is it 2 instal? No need for special plug in fact I found it to work well with a DPR9Z NGK, instaltion was as easy as removing the coil from the frame unscrewing the spark plug wire off the old coil and reinstalling the spark plug wire back onto the new AMR coil, reinstall and feel the difference.Got mine off an EBay store.

hypersnyper6947
08-29-2008, 01:18 AM
do you have to rejet after installing it

REDRIDDER
08-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
do you have to rejet after installing it nope

blaaze416
08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by drew416ex
Its worth it to me. It helped with throttle response and low end bog.

X2.....

different people have different priorities when it comes to money. Myself....I find it pointless to resist the urge to splurge on my bike! I buy what I think will help performance. A hotter spark just seems logical in making more efficient power.

hypersnyper6947
11-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
No need for special plug in fact I found it to work well with a DPR9Z NGK, instaltion was as easy as removing the coil from the frame unscrewing the spark plug wire off the old coil and reinstalling the spark plug wire back onto the new AMR coil, reinstall and feel the difference.Got mine off an EBay store.

Can you show any pics of this install

exracer416
11-21-2008, 08:22 PM
so one of these, a sparks degree key, 416 kit full pipe, cam and an air filter you should be able to run with a 450 right? lol

tyman2395
11-21-2008, 08:42 PM
if i get the combo the amr racing coil and the amr racing cdi box will it add more power

katch26
11-22-2008, 07:29 AM
the aftermarket cdi ($99) do NOT add more power. It will allow the bike to rev higher but the bike will stop making power way before the rev limit at a cost of increased wear on the starting components. The weird part is that this is the same thing on ANY sport quad not just the 400 and those things still sell like crazy. I for one wouldnt buy the coil to replace a perfectly good coil but it is a nice option when it comes to replacing a stock unit that has gone bad, IMO the money could be spent elsewhere with better results.

dariusld
11-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by katch26
the aftermarket cdi ($99) do NOT add more power. It will allow the bike to rev higher but the bike will stop making power way before the rev limit

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

katch26
11-22-2008, 10:00 AM
good input yet nothing factual to offer.
here it is on a modified 400 show me where its continuing to make power AFTER the stock one drops off, you can carry the peak a little furthur but who rides the rev limiter? The procom cdi (pick your sticker) add an additional 1000rpm check out the curve at 9500, so I ask whats the point of revving it out that far to the point of having the same HP as you did at 7k? This "extra HP" comes with a tag of additional stress on the start circuit and wear on the valvetrain.

monkeyballs
11-22-2008, 12:19 PM
what mods are on that 400ex?

exracer416
11-22-2008, 12:20 PM
so any numbers powerwise with the coil?

leasureryan
11-22-2008, 01:56 PM
reguardless of how much any of you WISH that a differant coil, spark plug, and CDI will make more power.....you guys are all wrong IMO.

1 crappy little dyno sheet that says it boost 1/4 HP isn't enough to convince me.

So....does 50K volts ignite fuel better than 30K volts?....lol....no

And does a 400ex make more power after removing the rev limiter...lol....no....not unless you are stroked, camed, and built to the moon.

All you guys can keep throwing your money away on these crazy wack *** electrical parts....me...I'm going to spend my money on TRUE mods that actualy make a real differance in power gains...which in the end...will still put me in front of you!

Some guy told me that if you fart in your gas tank, and close the lid real fast...the extra boost of methan will add 10 HP...you guys should all try it! Maybe I will start bottling my farts, and sell it to you guys who are so gulible

Maybe you guys should read a book on "How thing work"....it helps to understand the mechanical process before beleaving the words of someone trying to sell a product.

A Cherry bomb for an LTR says instant 7hp....when we all know it's only about 2.5 HP AFTER removing your baffle and air box lid.

There is a fuel chip that is advertising a 25hp gain on the LT-R's right now....do any of you even find that remotely possible? Silly if you do. Hell...if bolt ons made as much power as all these distributers claim they do....there would be no reason to ever do internal motor mods! Why buy a cam, and tear down your motor....if you can just bolt on a "SUPER COIL" and make just as much power....lol...hahahaha

leasureryan
11-22-2008, 02:00 PM
The ONLY reason to buy any of this junk....is to replace OEM parts with aftermarket parts that do the SAME job (yeah, it bumps your rev limiter 1K...big deal, not useful anyways)....is because the aftermarkets are way CHEAPER(meaning more cost effective) and get the same job done in the same fashion

dariusld
11-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by katch26
good input yet nothing factual to offer.
here it is on a modified 400 show me where its continuing to make power AFTER the stock one drops off, you can carry the peak a little furthur but who rides the rev limiter? The procom cdi (pick your sticker) add an additional 1000rpm check out the curve at 9500, so I ask whats the point of revving it out that far to the point of having the same HP as you did at 7k? This "extra HP" comes with a tag of additional stress on the start circuit and wear on the valvetrain.

Originally posted by monkeyballs
what mods are on that 400ex?

What is modified, a pipe?

big95xj
11-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
reguardless of how much any of you WISH that a differant coil, spark plug, and CDI will make more power.....you guys are all wrong IMO.

1 crappy little dyno sheet that says it boost 1/4 HP isn't enough to convince me.

So....does 50K volts ignite fuel better than 30K volts?....lol....no

And does a 400ex make more power after removing the rev limiter...lol....no....not unless you are stroked, camed, and built to the moon.

All you guys can keep throwing your money away on these crazy wack *** electrical parts....me...I'm going to spend my money on TRUE mods that actualy make a real differance in power gains...which in the end...will still put me in front of you!

Some guy told me that if you fart in your gas tank, and close the lid real fast...the extra boost of methan will add 10 HP...you guys should all try it! Maybe I will start bottling my farts, and sell it to you guys who are so gulible

Maybe you guys should read a book on "How thing work"....it helps to understand the mechanical process before beleaving the words of someone trying to sell a product.

A Cherry bomb for an LTR says instant 7hp....when we all know it's only about 2.5 HP AFTER removing your baffle and air box lid.

There is a fuel chip that is advertising a 25hp gain on the LT-R's right now....do any of you even find that remotely possible? Silly if you do. Hell...if bolt ons made as much power as all these distributers claim they do....there would be no reason to ever do internal motor mods! Why buy a cam, and tear down your motor....if you can just bolt on a "SUPER COIL" and make just as much power....lol...hahahaha

So then smart guy when these engine builders that build 1000 horsepower auto engines(not exactly the same but same principle) opt to use MSD and like systems that retail for hundreds of dollars over the stock crap that come on these motors? I guess if a hottter spark doesnt burn fuel more effiecently and boost performance just a lil bit then i guess high compression pistons and wicked *** cams dont do crap either? You probably should stick to suspension and "billet" **** and stay out of your motor be cuase you obviously have no clue what is coming out of your as...i mean mouth...

hypersnyper6947
11-23-2008, 08:03 PM
^^^^
NICE! :D

leasureryan
11-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by big95xj
So then smart guy when these engine builders that build 1000 horsepower auto engines(not exactly the same but same principle) opt to use MSD and like systems that retail for hundreds of dollars over the stock crap that come on these motors? I guess if a hottter spark doesnt burn fuel more effiecently and boost performance just a lil bit then i guess high compression pistons and wicked *** cams dont do crap either? You probably should stick to suspension and "billet" **** and stay out of your motor be cuase you obviously have no clue what is coming out of your as...i mean mouth...

First off douche bag...we are talking about single cyclinder air cooled engines. Not V8 Mustangs. And MSD ignitions do alot more than just make hotter spark. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you while you try and make your point that you think your little 0.00476 HP gain from your little MONSTER coil is worth investing in. Fact is...nothing I said was BS...and all you are doing is comparing apples to oranges. Nothing you have said has any relivance.

The question WAS will it be worth the investment for this guy with a near bone stock 400ex? The answer in my opinion was no, because it's not needed.

MAYBE...if his engine was built to make a ton of power up top beyond 9K rpm's...then maybe....just maybe would it be worth the investment. Like I said, concentrate on the more important things first.

And I know my stuff is nice, it shines, and is top quality....but you don't have to make crappy comments just because you can't afford anything but Tucker Rocky brand aftermarket junk...it's okay to be jelious

katch26
11-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by leasureryan
The ONLY reason to buy any of this junk....is to replace OEM parts with aftermarket parts that do the SAME job (yeah, it bumps your rev limiter 1K...big deal, not useful anyways)....is because the aftermarkets are way CHEAPER(meaning more cost effective) and get the same job done in the same fashion

exactly, like I said in my first post before the wheels fell off this thread.

bry14661
11-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by big95xj

haha wow! you really have no idea what your talking about do you. A monster coil is a waste. it makes a stronger spark but the 400ex motor isnt high performance enough to even deal with blow out issues so theres no point to this "mod"

leasureryan
11-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
^^^^
NICE! :D

^^^^
LOL....dumb! :D

hypersnyper6947
11-24-2008, 09:34 AM
HAHA, i really think all this is kinda funny thats all. I do have a Monster Coil, but i got if for pretty cheap of ebay and dont care really how much it helps considering how much it cost me. I heard it gives you a crisper throttle response so i figured why not try it. Plus i have this problem with always wanting to buy something for my quad.... but i have everything there is not much more to buy for mine, so i bought this.

leasureryan
11-24-2008, 09:39 AM
throttle respone has EVERYTHING to do with carburation and NOTHING to do with electrical. 400ex is not built that way. Until you get into crank lightening, flywheel lightening, fuel injection, etc

I like buying things too....and I am not knocking you because you got sucked into the sales pitch.

The guy asked a simple question....and it was answered

DuwBra
11-24-2008, 03:48 PM
I dont have input on this as i dont own these things, but may I ask why they make this stuff if it doesn't do something?

leasureryan
11-24-2008, 03:59 PM
it is a cheap replacement for defective OEM electical components.