PDA

View Full Version : lowerin mine

300extreme#8
12-08-2002, 10:34 AM
I hate my rear end bein so dang high and i want it lower and do any of you know a good way of doing it. I saw a durablue rear lowerin kit but is that for mx, because I'm only goin to race mx and maybe a little xc. I know how to adjust the stock but if i make it lower by that.then it bottoms out easier, and also would a raptor rear shock make it lower, or the same or higher.
and it's a 96 300ex
thanks

YamaWarr0121
12-08-2002, 05:44 PM
the lowering kit is just for TT if im not mistaking, and will destroy something (jsut liek the front lowerig kits will) if u jump with it, you can get some zero preload shocks for some elka with ssd maybe from tqs

12-08-2002, 05:55 PM
dont get the lowering kit. like yamawarr said its only for tt.

try getting a new shock with SCS (sag control system) found on TCS shocks, ZPS (zero preload system) on PEP's or SSD (self sagging devive) on the elkas. for now just turn down ur preload a lot.

Chef
12-08-2002, 06:14 PM
The rear lowering kit is mainly for TT, but it wont destroy the rear shock like the front lowering kit. Its just a variable length strut that replaces some of the linkage on the swingarm. The longer you screw the ends out on it, the lower your bike gets.