trailin'me
08-28-2008, 06:32 PM
any aftermarket steering stems yet? i bent mine today :ermm:

Blak92
08-29-2008, 12:42 PM
How ya do that?

trailin'me
08-29-2008, 01:16 PM
a dickhead farmer was standing in my path while I was climbing a bluff... Slow backwards roll... Like a tree falling.

scuzz
08-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Did he help you? Why didn't he move?

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'd be willing to be bet someone has it, I'd start with the major manufacturers by calling them. Don't waste your time with a retailer. They will just look it up in a catalog made before your 700xx was sold.

Did it bend your handlbars too?

trailin'me
08-30-2008, 01:26 PM
yes..bent the handlebar... went ahead and put the evo's on it ...stock ones are *** anyway. THe farmer was talking all kinds of **** about how worthless 2wd sport quads were ..after smoking his *** all day on his ute .. he wanted to see me hillclimb ..told him to s tand out of my path ... i looked up after hammering it and he was standing right in my way ..all i could do was squeeze the clutch to stop ...hit the brake ..and the front end came off the ground.

i bailed off ...and watched my quad go over slowly while he was laughing.

well ..i wasn't happy ..got back to the barn ..he was still laughing while i was using a pipe wrench to straighten the handlebars ... and i threw it at his *** **** polaris sportsman ..broke his crankshaft case and said it aint funny now huh.

trailin'me
08-30-2008, 01:34 PM
actually ..from past experience ..its good to have a couple extra steering stems on hand. Luckily i found a honda warehouse in wisconsin with one ... so itll be here tuesday ... ive taken the old one out and one of my racing friends has some equipment to true it up... straighten it ..and presto ... a spare one.

im trying to talk him into make some custom ..+1 or +2's for me. If i can ..ill let yall know ..and im sure hed sell a few for a fraction of what these big named brands would cost.